Toronto I Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - FIRST PARTY OF THE THIRD LEG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:
Here's some 's for you! My father took these and he could only tape small sections since our camera couldn't hold much more.

Elevation Intro
http://www.flickerandfade.org/concert/MOV02799

"Sexy people!"

ISHFWILF
http://www.flickerandfade.org/concert/MOV02810

Just about the whole crowd was clapping and singing.

LAPOE Outro
http://www.flickerandfade.org/concert/MOV02828

Bono bangin' the drums. :D

Miracle Drug Intro
http://www.flickerandfade.org/concert/MOV02815

The Edge comes from the future... [Note: This isn't fully uploaded yet, if you try to download it. It's just Bono dedicating Miracle Drug to doctors and nurses. My father liked that bit and decided to tape it, since he's a doctor.]

Unfortunately, no Fast Cars. :( There wasn't enough space left on the memory card, at that point.

EDIT: Damnit, just remove the spaces. :mad:

THANK YOU! but what format are they in :-? I think the boards are messing the links up :(

Souly said:

We were about three deep by Edge's side. The concert itself was brilliant, but unfortunatly, we were stuck behind insanely tall people, and they wouldn't move. We also got stuck infront of the Bono impersonator who was NOT very nice.

My ears are still ringing. How'd you make out? :D

I wonder if that's the Bono impersonator who's been in the papers the past few days.

I HATE it when I get stuck behind tall people; I hate being short. (Bono, I feel for you!)

My seat was better than I thought it would be. There was a completely deranged woman in front of me who looked like she was acting out a scene from the exorcist (lots of uncoordinated writhing and wild arm movements). But I was able to keep bobbing around her because I had two seats, yet there was only one me.:D

evieangelique said:

THANK YOU! but what format are they in :-? I think the boards are messing the links up :(

They're MPGs. Just add . M P G to the end, without the spaces. Stupid filter.:mad:

Oh, and the last one's still not done yet...dunno why it's taking forever.

Souly said:
Miss Sarajevo was more than awesome. The opera really blew everyone away :drool:

The opera really was amazing. I don't think Bono hit one wrong note.

Gibby, looks like your dad was just as amazed as you were at the crowd especially during his camerawork during I Still Haven't Found

BTW, what did he say about your breakdowns during the show?
Was he like, my daughter is a freak?!?:wink:

Thanks for the vids too.:bow:

Ugh, my father's telling me to get to sleep. :mad: We have to leave for the airport at 10 tomorrow..and it's 2 AM now. QB, I'll respond to your email once I get back to my damn residence. :(

Hello all, this is Karen--I was at the show tonight. I just got home and put my exhausted sister to bed.
I've taken a lot of pictures, and hope to post them soon. I had no idea it would be such a challenge to text messages on my phone. I even tried to call Carrie so she could listen along (and I don't even know where she lives), but we kept getting disconnected. Carrie--I'm sorry for all the mix-ups.
Kudos to anyone does a good reporting job.
Any word from the girl who was pulled up on stage during With or Without You? Was she from Pleba?
I will write a report, but first I'm going to go thru the monumental task of reading thru the setlist party.
By the way, the funniest part of the night was when Bono, just before Fast Cars started, told the audience that they'd never played the song live before and "if we f--- it up, it's Larry's fault because he doesn't show up for rehearsals". I almost fell over when they started playing Fast Cars. And when Bono tried to dance along to it. Priceless.

Last edited:
what an amazing concert. it was my first from the vertigo tour so everything was new to me. i cant believe how well bono sang on miss sarejevo. im also happy to be among the first to hear fast cars live :drool: and.... shockingly, the opener didnt suck. dashboard were a great warmup for U2. thats all for now.

I just got home from the TO show :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: OMG!!

Tonight was my first show ever, and WHAT A SHOW! I still can't believe we got Fast Cars... and 40 was GORGEOUS! In A Little While was beautiful too :)

:hyper: I have a GA for Wed, but I have to work, wish me luck getting into the ellipse when I'm getting there around 5:30pm! *G*

(So just how nuts was it around here when Fast Cars showed up??)

biff said:

I wonder if that's the Bono impersonator who's been in the papers the past few days.

I HATE it when I get stuck behind tall people; I hate being short. (Bono, I feel for you!)

My seat was better than I thought it would be. There was a completely deranged woman in front of me who looked like she was acting out a scene from the exorcist (lots of uncoordinated writhing and wild arm movements). But I was able to keep bobbing around her because I had two seats, yet there was only one me.:D

Where were you sitting? I was in 121, row 27... mind you, I was dancing (and ASL'ing) in front of the stairs, so hopefully I wasn't blocking anyone in row 28! :giggle:

Drea said:
(So just how nuts was it around here when Fast Cars showed up??)

:sigh:

U2.com posted the set about 20 minutes into the show.

My excitement and disbelief at seeing Fast Cars was - and still is - SEVERELY diminished by my total frustration and disappointment with the inclusion of In A Little While. Now, if you told me they played IALW as an instrumental except for the rocketship verse, then I may have a different opinion on its return!

WOW!
4 threads huh?
Awesome!
Must have been a good setlist party!
Yippie!
Guess the concert wasn't too bad either! ;-)

I wish I could have been online tonight.
It wasn't to be though.
Board meeting.

I hope I can make it on Wednesday.
Every-one better be prepared!
Uhm, maybe instead of every-one I should say those of you who still remember me.
LOL

Axver said:

:sigh:

U2.com posted the set about 20 minutes into the show.

My excitement and disbelief at seeing Fast Cars was - and still is - SEVERELY diminished by my total frustration and disappointment with the inclusion of In A Little While. Now, if you told me they played IALW as an instrumental except for the rocketship verse, then I may have a different opinion on its return!

Nope, sorry... it was all vocals - sounded amazing :) I can't believe U2.com posted the setlist, what the hell?? Well, we certainly didn't know it was coming.. and not that many people in the audience'd heard it :giggle: I think I was the only person in my immediate area who did! Thought about you guys halfway through FC, was worried you'd think someone was posting it as a joke and I'd have to come in and say "hey, they DID do it" ;)

when bono said they were going to play a new song i thought it would be crumbs or electrical storm or something.... never thought it would be fast cars, i was in disbelief when the chords started ringing.

grbounds said:
when bono said they were going to play a new song i thought it would be crumbs or electrical storm or something.... never thought it would be fast cars, i was in disbelief when the chords started ringing.

I was trying to figure out what song they could do.. ES wouldn't qualify, since he did say they'd never done it in front of anyone before... but yeah, was starting to think of possibilities when they started playing FC and my jaw pretty much hit the floor :lol:

Did In a little while sound different than the Elevation version? Fast cars is a surprise, I would never have guessed they will play that.

Good to see Vertigo opening, I was sure Miss Sarajevo wouldn't survive the trip and that Running to stand still would get back.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone's brought this up this yet, but PLEASE tell me Fast Cars was done electric and not in some acoustic cop-out.

Because if they are going to be playing the full band version on a regular basis, I might explode from unexpected joy.

I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong for doubting that there would be any pleasant surprises. I still feel that the electric OOTS should be played every night (certainly the stale WOWY could be dropped for it), but things are looking good at this moment.

Wow, just finished reading the 3rd & 4th part. A lot to catch up on. It all sounds good - thanks for being so nice to Maddy - looks like she held her own here :lmao:

OASIS though, was AWESOME!!! :bow:

those links that GG posted, do they all work for you? I typed in the correct addy, but it plays one second at a time then pauses. I can't see the whole clip any other way. Help :sad:

Lila64 said:
It all sounds good - thanks for being so nice to Maddy - looks like she held her own here :lmao:

More than held her own! Make sure she comes back sometime soon. I really liked her, and I was impressed with her typing and communication skills. :) Glad to know you didn't let her become a u-user. :wink:

Lila64,, It was great seeing how your daughter made up for the lack of smilies :happy: It was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom