Post from Zootopia ... Rehearsals from Mexico!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njelevation06

War Child
U2 spent 10 days in Mexico last month for the start of their Vertigo Tour rehearsals.

ROSARITO ,FOX BAIA STUDIOS 19 FEBRUARY 2005 (morning soundcheck)
sometimas you can't make
a man and woman take 1 acoustic
a man and woman take 2 acoustic
a man and woman take 3 full band
a man and woman take 4 acoustic
all because of you take 1
all because of you take 2
unknow song acoustic
sometimes you can't make
staring at the sun
kite acoustic
gloria take 1 full band
gloria take 2 acoustic/full band

AFTERNOON SOUNDCHECK
one steep closer take 1
one steep closer take 2
one steep closer take 3
lemon take 1
lemon take 2
lemon take 3
lemon take 4
fast cars
lemon take 5
lemon take 6
fast cars
a celebration take 1
a celebration take 2
a celebration take 3
a celebration take 4
ROSARITO FOX BAIA STUDIOS 22 FEBRUARY 2005 REHEARSAL (AFTERNOON SESSION)
vertigo
all because of you
miracle drug
she's a mystery to me
with or without you
pride
staring at the sun
a man and woman
sometimes you can't make
new york
please
gloria (acoustic)
unknow song (acoustic)
fast car
beatiful day

.... some of this doesn't seem realistic. A Celebration? The last time they played that was the pre-War Tour. Acoustic Gloria? Take it for what its worth.

If it's true it's good to know they will try to mix up the set lists with more obscure forgotten songs this is going to be a great tour!:yes:

U2Girl1978 said:
Blech!:yuck: That's a crappy setlist...Where's New Years Day? Out of Control? Where the Streets Have No Name???? <---they have to play that one!

Its called rehearsal! Not every band rehearses every single song, they rehearse things they havent played in a long time or new stuff.

The lack of stuff like Streets and New Years day is not surprising, the band can probably play those in their sleep!

Darnit, If I would have know earlier I would have gone done there and "heard" for myself:banghead: I have family down there! It would have been interesting to actually hear what songs they are fiddling with right now. Anyway I think that more new songs into the set would be very interesting and refreshing.

So Close and yet so far away!!!:( Oh well can't wait till the end of March!!!:wave:

A CELEBRATION IS AWESOME- IT would fit perfect with the theme of the album!!! YESSSSSSSS! And Gloria would be SWEET!
Give us some more oldies- ( Rejoice, Scarlet, Twiglight, Like a SONG)

I'm going to Costco on the day of the show to buy a bag of lemons. I'm throwing them up on the stage to drive home a point. Play it! :drool:

LEMON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would pay my $150 (or whatever) just to hear that song live and in person. If they really did 6 takes of Lemon, that either means they are serious about playing it, or they kept on trying but just couldn't nail it.

mikal said:
i'd love to hear "A Celebration"!:drool:

ya, that would be worth the ticket price itself. That and Lemon, if this is true looks like their trying at AMAAW a lot, I'm surprised as I thought it wouldnt be played live. But it is Adam's favorite off the new record, soo......if this is real of course.

I think A Man and A Woman will come off better live than on the album.

I think there will be 2 pretty standard set lists...alternating nights. The first leg is almost 2 or 4 shows in every city.

New Album/Deep Album older cuts and Greatest hits.

Roland of Gilead said:
I'm going to Costco on the day of the show to buy a bag of lemons. I'm throwing them up on the stage to drive home a point. Play it! :drool:

could you please not waste a bag of perfectly good lemons (especially the nice big fat firm ones from costco) that are probably gonna end up hurting people depending how accurate your throw is. We have literally thousands of drunkies out there in Africa who are lemoness with their corona beers....

So please keep the lemons at costco or in your refridgerator :|

They will probably rework a new version of lemon like they did with the fly last tour I don't see them doing the zootv version.

AMAAW is not a song I really want to see live, especially if it's acoustic with Bono and Edge. Adam's bass is the highlight of the song, its incredible. If it is played live, it has to be there.

Don't get me wrong, I like the song quite a bit. But I'd rather they tossed it and played an rare gem like "Unforgettable Fire" or "Sort of Homecoming" instead.

One correction: the last time A Celebration was played was the first leg of War, not on the pre-War Tour.

I would be incredibly surprised and shocked if it were brought back, especially as they wanted to use it for another occasion but Edge couldn't remember how to play it. Has his memory come back? Hehe. Maybe he decided to whack on the single this time to remind himself ...

Gloria would be lovely. I'm surprised people have totally overlooked Fast Cars and One Step Closer, the two songs everyone is saying won't be played. And the unknown song ... fascinating ...

BRING ON LEMON!!!

Celebration?!? Gloria?!?

Wow, they are reaching back in the catalogue...Lemon is mentioned again, so maybe there is something to that rumor.

A man and a woman, One step closer and Fast cars? I didn't expect any of these but :hyper:
New York? :up:
Hopefully She's a mistery to me will be played in full.

Unknown song acoustic? :hmm:

Last edited:
I'm really excited about Fast Cars! I was sure that there is no chance of playing it, mayby they will combine it with Xanax? But as we know, Acrobat was rehearsaled a lot before ZooTV and it was played only once (and acoustic), so you never know...

PS: If this list is true, we will hear lemon for 100%.

Go LEMON!!! Gloria could be nice. I laughed when I saw A Celebration in there... that would be tremendously cool, although I'm not actually a big fan of the song.

Zooropean103 said:
I'm really excited about Fast Cars! I was sure that there is no chance of playing it, mayby they will combine it with Xanax? But as we know, Acrobat was rehearsaled a lot before ZooTV and it was played only once (and acoustic), so you never know...

PS: If this list is true, we will hear lemon for 100%.

Actually, that acoustic Acrobat is from a rehearsal. It was never played publicly.

Back
Top Bottom