Phoenix I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
main set ended with with streets and one (not sure on the order maybe flip flop em) now the encores are right though

i was right outside the ellipse and bono stepped over the rail and me and my buddy grabbed him during LAPOE........awesome

Just got back. You guys got the setlist pretty much exactly right in the end. I think the only thing missing was a snippet of Blackbird during one of the ATYCLB songs (Elevation I think).

All in all, not the strongest U2 show I've seen in my roughly 20 or so. Actually one of the weakest. Still looking for lift off. Still, better than most anything out there, but I was disappointed.

now i believe they sounded great bons voice was there acoustics were good and the crowd was sooooooo into it. i dont see how the show was anything less than spectacular. to each their own but i was impressed

Hmmm - I thought it was one of the strongest U2 shows I had ever seen out of 13 shows/6 tours. I thought it lifted off from the start and the band didnt let up till the end.

Pacing seemed like a big problem tonight. As for the sound, maybe I was sitting in a dead spot.

Much less emotional intensity than the Phoenix shows during the last leg of ATYCLB. Bono said tonight, "we love Phoenix," and whereas tonight I heard it, last time, I really felt it.

Maybe my expectations were too high tonight. But it's pretty much the first time I can remember since maybe one of the Hartford (New Haven?) Joshua Tree shows where I think they all seemed sick or something that I've been disappointed after a U2 show.

regularguy said:
Pacing seemed like a big problem tonight. As for the sound, maybe I was sitting in a dead spot.

Much less emotional intensity than the Phoenix shows during the last leg of ATYCLB. Bono said tonight, "we love Phoenix," and whereas tonight I heard it, last time, I really felt it.

Maybe my expectations were too high tonight. But it's pretty much the first time I can remember since maybe one of the Hartford (New Haven?) Joshua Tree shows where I think they all seemed sick or something that I've been disappointed after a U2 show.
i suppose you meant the last leg off the elevation tour? and not the ATYCLB tour?

KUEFC09U2 said:
i suppose you meant the last leg off the elevation tour? and not the ATYCLB tour?

Yes, of course -- the tour to support ATYCLB, aka elevation tour. ;0)

Geez, U2.com suck in the grammar and song names department. Love And Peace? Running To Standstill? Inconsistent capitalisation?

Anyway.

I just put the set up on u2-vertigo-tour.com: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1276.html

Please advise me if there are any errors or if there are any snippets to add.

Axver said:
Geez, U2.com suck in the grammar and song names department. Love And Peace? Running To Standstill? Inconsistent capitalisation?

Anyway.

I just put the set up on u2-vertigo-tour.com: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1276.html

Please advise me if there are any errors or if there are any snippets to add.

Axver, I'd be happy to tell you anything I've learned, but I've been advised that you're being shunned. :wink:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I Dunno Axver...I found this setlist from the site and just decided to post it here.

Huh? I was just commenting on how poorly written the setlist on U2.com is. They could at least put some effort into capitalising Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own ...

Axver said:

Huh? I was just commenting on how poorly written the setlist on U2.com is. They could at least put some effort into capitalising Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own ...

u2tours still have no set-list for yesterday's show

:shame:
man , those magic smilies

MikeSt said:
off topic but i dont feel like going to another part of the forum...but i got a call today from a guitar company in Montreal asking me if they could send me 2 guitars they want Dallas to try out for Edge......? very strange. why not just call principle. I do have a way to get in touch with Dallas but i dont know. anyway, this Montreal guy sounded for real, i looked up his name and he's legit, said Dallas had gotten some guitars from them when he teched for NIN. just a little U2 tidbit while were waiting for the opening tune.

I'll just take one!

Back
Top Bottom