Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:
he said bono was the only one who thought Love and Peace was best
So then Bono was obviously outvoted for the recording of the dvd in Chicago, since they did COBL both nights.

Chizip said:

yeah i talked to one of them and he was pretty upset about it

and i agree, the tapers go to great lengths to make this stuff available to us, the least we could do is respect their wishes

thats why seeing the mp3's of the chicago show up just 1 day after the taper requested no mp3's is pretty distressing

Yep. If this does deter them from doing more (it would seem more likely they would say screw the third leg rather than pull out of producing already recorded stuff) then that would be a real shame. What was possible there was endless.

Anyways...We move on.

VintagePunk said:

I've read a great deal of debate, and can fully understand both sides of the issue. In my defense, I'm very reluctant to download the torrenting programs, for fear of screwing up my computer, and losing a couple of years worth of extremely valuable work. Not to mention the time it would take to learn how to use it, which I really can't afford right now.

Also, I download the Mp3's strictly for personal use. Would never dream of trading them, although I have sent them to others who fully realize that they're getting Mp3's for personal use. :reject:

If you'd like to burn the torrents and send them to me, feel free...

I'm with you on this one VP. Just want to have the show for my own personal pleasure. Maybe we can start a 'torrent-less' club and take donations so we can get new computers and set them up strictly for downloading :shifty:

Seems U2 were moving towards COBL --> Beautiful Day but have now gone back to COBL --> Vertigo.

It's an An Cat Dubh night, that's my prediction.

I should've snatched up the ticket TM offered me today. The only thing stopping me was the thought of driving half the night to get back here. So instead, I'll spend the time with you guys!

cleazer said:
So then Bono was obviously outvoted for the recording of the dvd in Chicago, since they did COBL both nights.

ruffian actually talked to him in the hotel bar after the show on the 7th (which they opened with love and peace or else)

thats when he asked what she thought, and she told him (i forgot what she said), but he said he was going to quote her in a meeting they were going to have the next day about what song to start with

so its possible she had an influence on what the opening song for the dvd was, a good choice in my opinion :up:

timothius said:

Yep. If this does deter them from doing more (it would seem more likely they would say screw the third leg rather than pull out of producing already recorded stuff) then that would be a real shame. What was possible there was endless.

Anyways...We move on.

Agreed. What the U2Pres folk are doing is sensational and it would be a real loss if they did pull the plug at some point simply because people won't respect very simple wishes.

How hard is it to not torrent a DVD before a particular date or to keep audio lossless? It's not much to ask.

Axver said:

I fail to see how the torrent programme could screw up a computer - never heard of it happening! - and it's dead simple to use, really. When I first heard of torrents, I thought they'd be much more difficult than they turned out to be.

Speaking of torrents, I keep meaning on torrenting Wellington Lovetown before I go to the US, but I'm really running low on time now ... :uhoh:

Haven't you ever experienced dling a simple program...say a freeware spyware program for example...and having it completely screw up your computer? I have...and so have lots of others. It's not exactly a unique experience.

And, to reiterate, i'm dling them for personal use...no intention to ever pass them off as anything more than they are, or to trade them.

VintagePunk said:

Haven't you ever experienced dling a simple program...say a freeware spyware program for example...and having it completely screw up your computer? I have...and so have lots of others. It's not exactly a unique experience.

Sure, with some dodgy programme, but this is the bit torrent client. It's not exactly about to screw up anything.

And, to reiterate, i'm dling them for personal use...no intention to ever pass them off as anything more than they are, or to trade them.

I'm not attacking you; rather, it's the people who actually do the MP3 conversions that bother me. Can't they read English or something?

U2dork said:
SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO

i love this 4 set opening, really a great way to kick off the show

electric co on this tour is the best ever, imo

edge was realllly rocking out on this one in chicago, it will be a highlight of the dvd

Lila64 said:

I'm with you on this one VP. Just want to have the show for my own personal pleasure. Maybe we can start a 'torrent-less' club and take donations so we can get new computers and set them up strictly for downloading :shifty:

I'm on several mailing groups where this has been a hot topic of debate, and I've read reams of info on it. You know what? It's elitist and insane. So I don't have the means or knowledge to torrent for personal use. That makes me evil? Pshaw.

I'm sorry I even mentioned it.

Chizip said:
thats when he asked what she thought, and she told him (i forgot what she said), but he said he was going to quote her in a meeting they were going to have the next day about what song to start with

so its possible she had an influence on what the opening song for the dvd was, a good choice in my opinion :up:
Awesome!

But that's a dangerous road, letting fans pick setlists for dvds and concerts. Pretty soon we'd be surrounded by Bads, Acrobats, and who knows what else.:p

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // SEND IN THE CLOWNS // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH

again, thanks zootopia peeps

cleazer said:
Awesome!

But that's a dangerous road, letting fans pick setlists for dvds and concerts. Pretty soon we'd be surrounded by Bads, Acrobats, and who knows what else.:p

is being surrounded by bads and acrobats a bad thing? :wink:

Axver said:

Agreed. What the U2Pres folk are doing is sensational and it would be a real loss if they did pull the plug at some point simply because people won't respect very simple wishes.

How hard is it to not torrent a DVD before a particular date or to keep audio lossless? It's not much to ask.

It's not so much a respect issue for me.

It's like... if somones offering you this amazing service but asks one little thing in return, then you should endevour to do that thing till your eyes turn red because you want what they're giving you. People who disobey the U2Pres directives are plain and stupid... idiots. Absolutely stupid. Why would you want too piss them off.

I haven't been downloading the torrents either, Vintage Punk. I'm using the mp3's for myself, and the sound quality has been find with me. Bootlegs aren't supposed to sound good, IMO.

:down: on Electric Co., only because I'm guessing that means they won't do it in Philly next weekend, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom