Monterrey Setlist Watch and Party, Part I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miringeltje said:

Hi ruffian! :wave:

Didn't expect to see you here tonight.
I don't know why.
But I somehow thought you were going to the concert in Mexico.

I'd planned on Mexico long ago but changed my mind in January--it just wasn't worth the money for one show, and for less airfare I was able to add Hawaii (which is just bizarre).

wow, downhill skiing is terrifying to watch! :yikes: how fast are they going??

ETA: Bode Miller... :drool:

Hello everyone!

On the topic of chinese food... :drool: I had some lo mein and dumplings for dinner last night and lunch today (well, breakfast actually, but...)

And rice sounds good right about now

*goes and rummages through his cupboard for rice*

And my philosophy on dates is general to specific, so i usually write dates as, for example 2006-02-12.

People people lets all be nice, the show hasn't even started yet! :wink:

We musn't forget that there are bigger fish to fry. Like Bono for his :blahblah: all night long! :madspit:

VintagePunk said:
Hi folks :wave:

Am I the only one who keeps humming Wake Up?

At least I'm not swaying back and forth and waving my arms in the air. Or am I? :shifty:

You might just be doing that... you never know with people on your side of the lake :wink: *ducks*

Canada has been doing awesome at hockey (no surprise there), but it has been kinda crazy how high our scores against the other teams have been. We won against Italy 16-0, and against Russia 12-0.

wenda said:

Much like Goldmember.

heyyyyy, ashholes!

goldtravolta.jpg

Axver said:
People here say both, and "January the first" has no bearing on writing dates, because using an order of mm/dd/yyyy is totally illogical to people. Why mix the order up? smallest/middle/largest or largest/middle/smallest are the ways to go.

Thanks for the hook-up. Note, however, your question. "Why mix the order up?" There is no set order. There is no standard. Again, I can only speak for American standards--since people usually say, "January the second, 2006," the culturally encoded logical progression is "1/2/2006".

You actually bring up a number of important issues of social/cultural theory. Try out wikipedia and see what you can see about semiotics and all that jazz. Saussure, Foucalt, Eco, etc. What you need to remember, above all else, is that there IS no standard. It's all culturally arbitrary.

What's good for the goose (Country/Society A) is, in fact, NOT always good for the gander (Country/Society B).

Seriously, though, check it out. I think it's all very interesting stuff. And it does rile the emotions, sometimes, as it obviously seems to in you. :wink: It can be tough even for me to keep an open mind, but give 'er a whirl. It's good to mull over.

Oh...and are they playing "MOFO" yet? Anybody...?

catlhere said:
People people lets all be nice, the show hasn't even started yet! :wink:

We musn't forget that there are bigger fish to fry. Like Bono for his :blahblah: all night long! :madspit:

Yes, and we can have a fresh round of setlist bitching when the setlist is just like Europe (or similiar) + Original Of The Species.

oh man, I found a techno remix of Coldplay's song 'Talk'

it's high comedy

If you shout... said:

Thanks for the hook-up. Note, however, your question. "Why mix the order up?" There is no set order. There is no standard. Again, I can only speak for American standards--since people usually say, "January the second, 2006," the culturally encoded logical progression is "1/2/2006".

You actually bring up a number of important issues of social/cultural theory. Try out wikipedia and see what you can see about semiotics and all that jazz. Saussure, Foucalt, Eco, etc. What you need to remember, above all else, is that there IS no standard. It's all culturally arbitrary.

What's good for the goose (Country/Society A) is, in fact, NOT always good for the gander (Country/Society B).

Seriously, though, check it out. I think it's all very interesting stuff. And it does rile the emotions, sometimes, as it obviously seems to in you. :wink: It can be tough even for me to keep an open mind, but give 'er a whirl. It's good to mull over.

Oh...and are they playing "MOFO" yet? Anybody...?

ok, this thread is scaring me. We're discussing semiotics. And Foucault--whom I'm teaching tomorrow.

:yikes:

thanks to everyone for birthday wishes! :hug:

ThoraSEB said:
Canada has been doing awesome at hockey (no surprise there), but it has been kinda crazy how high our scores against the other teams have been. We won against Italy 16-0, and against Russia 12-0.

Who do they think they are? U2 at the Grammys? :shifty:

I do feel sorry for the other women, however...just a little. Even though they completely suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom