Boston IV Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm early tonight.... what's up?

Triple encore last night.. incredible! Anyone hear anything as to why it happened? Was it to make up for the cold GA line conditions by any chance?

thanks QB and Rosa! :bow:

hi Diane :hug:

oh, by the way, *Ally* has let us know that Ruff is in the front row of the ellipse between Adam and Bono! I talked to Wild for a minute before and her and Jem are in the ellipse and I think she said second row in front of Bono...she was breaking up really bad so I'm not positive of where, but I know they're in! :up:

:hyper: :hyper:

u2wedge said:
I'm early tonight.... what's up?

Triple encore last night.. incredible! Anyone hear anything as to why it happened? Was it to make up for the cold GA line conditions by any chance?

Maybe in response to the sign that was mentioned at the end of last thread?

Which, btw, I thought was the funniest thing ever. :lmao: The sign AND Bono's reaction, I mean.

Aww, thank you, Kelly. :hug:

Wedge, there was speculation on the third Boston III thread that Bono was responding to a sign someone held up that said something about the band should be more spontaneous and play different songs. Supposedly it really pissed him off. But that was speculation--only Bono knows for sure...

VintagePunk said:

Which, btw, I thought was the funniest thing ever. :lmao: The sign AND Bono's reaction, I mean.

what did it say? what was his reaction :hyper:

Hi by the way :wave:

redkat said:

what did it say? what was his reaction :hyper:

Hi by the way :wave:

it said something like "be spontaneous, play something different" and Bono took the sign and ripped it up and said "how's that for spontaneous?" or something like that

:lmao:

Queen Bee said:
We'll have a stream later tonight - ramblin rose is tonight's source :wave:

Woo Hoo.

Although it wouldn't be bad to see if the zoo has the same reporter - i mean source - that they had last night. :wink:

:laugh:

sami0201 said:

it said something like "be spontaneous, play something different" and Bono took the sign and ripped it up and said "how's that for spontaneous?" or something like that

Did this really happen like this? LOL, I wonder what the reaction was of the sign holder? Not quite the spontanuity they were seeking, eh?

hahahaha

sami0201 said:

:lol:

5b96680b.gif

I :heart: Bono for that :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

ummm... can you just mention what the sign said?

I don't see anything in the last couple pages of the 'last' thread, which I'm assuming you mean to be last night's setlist party thread?

EDIT: Just saw Diane L's post... Thanks Diane!

Hi Redkat! :hug:

One of the shows I was at, Chicago, I think, Bono got pissed at a member of the crew (I think it was AJ), and he looked like he was ready to jump off the catwalk and rip his head off. :yikes: He's still got a temper, that's for sure.

kellyahern said:
I heard the zoo reporter started to leave after the 2nd encore and had to rush back for the third :lol:

It is as you say. It was pretty funny.

As so many people have already said,

NEVER LEAVE TILL THE LIGHTS TELL YOU TO DO SO.

Sometimes their are verbal cues also - Messages such as "The End" being posted.

Some bands also will have audio cues - playing house music.

Hmm, any other things that the boys or other bands have done in the past to seal fate?

Last nite's show was great.

I didn't get scanned in but Allison was letting people in who didn't get scanned.

I had good floor position outside of the ellipse near the center.

I have a great pic of Bono and Adam with Bono looking directly at the camera.

Good times.

I wonder what the boys will do tonight!

sami0201 said:

:shocked:

that's great! What was the crowd reaction like?

Jamescorymiko said:

Sometimes their are verbal cues also - Messages such as "The End" being posted.

Some bands also will have audio cues - playing house music.

Hmm, any other things that the boys or other bands have done in the past to seal fate?

actually I was wondering if they played the last two songs with the houselights on?

u2wedge said:

actually I was wondering if they played the last two songs with the houselights on?

No they didn't.

Lights never came back on.

40 was so loud!!!

the Third encore was not on the set list as well since I saw it.

Also, I could sort of read Larry's set list from the video screen.

skjuls said:
Last nite's show was great.

I didn't get scanned in but Allison was letting people in who didn't get scanned.

I had good floor position outside of the ellipse near the center.

I have a great pic of Bono and Adam with Bono looking directly at the camera.

Good times.

I wonder what the boys will do tonight!

awesome! :up:

can you post the pic? :hyper:

Jamescorymiko said:

In Tampa, my sister started to leave after the last song when it was still dark. I literally grabbed her and said, "No, not yet!". :lol: :reject:

It was the last song, but I wanted to wait just in case :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom