MERGED-->Vancouver Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boosterjuice said:

Are you wanting GA tix? I think all interencers should wear t-shirst or hats to identify ourselves.

haha... damn right :D

IF *crosses fingers* I get GA... although even if I don't, I'll probably buy one form a *gasp* scalper... but this being my first U2 show, I really want the full experience :)

god I can't wait

hopefully we'll get some information on when the presale/public sale will take place for Vancouver. I'm expecting it to be next week.

My local station in Kamloops is saying that we should expect a sale next weekend. Well, that really doesn't mean anything. Should, maybe, etc... . Anyone can say this.

I'm coming up from Seattle for this one, but can't do GA (husband has to save vacation time for 3rd leg and daughter has school that day!!). I will be sorry to miss the GA-wait-experience with all of you.

Any tips on where to get good seats much appreciated. (Hate to be in the seats!!! But would hate even more to be in crappy seats).

Thanks!!!

fah said:
When are we going to be able to buy tickets?

WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sooooooooooooooooooooon

patience... patience...

although if you guys are anything like me, every break I've had at school this week I've been checking to see if there was any news on ticket dates :wink:

I've been checking ticketmaster and on interference at least a couple times a day lately.....why is it taking so long???? All the american sale dates are set!!

Mucca said:
I've been checking ticketmaster and on interference at least a couple times a day lately.....why is it taking so long???? All the american sale dates are set!!

Seattle and Phoenix still aren't?

Let's hope that they have all the bugs worked out of the system so that when we order our tix, we won't get screwed like most people. I really don't think it will be that bad. 20% of the people make 80% of the noise.

So whats the deal with the problems with online tix? I need clarification! Are the problems through tickemaster.ca or u2.com (propaganda for member only presales ) or what?

I will go see U2 in vancouver. I am aiming for GA tickets as well. This will be the first time i see them in vancouver but i have seen them in elevation and popmart tours both in toronto and i SWEAR there is not a band in this world that can do a live show like U2 esp with popmart it was just incredible! As for vancouver I WILL get tickets one way or another!

PS I am a GA virgin as last two times i had tickets up in the 2nd levels so I am dying to get GA tickets for the first time!

Common vancouver bring it on baby!

Pentz said:
So whats the deal with the problems with online tix? I need clarification! Are the problems through tickemaster.ca or u2.com (propaganda for member only presales ) or what?

Here are the problems as I have interpreted them:

1. The presale takes place through ticketmaster.com /.ca . When fans went to purchase tickets through the presale, many of them never got to purchase tickets because all the alotted presale tix were sold out. This could be largely due to scalpers/brokers purchasing mass amounts of u2.com memberships and flooding the system.

2. The fans who did actually get tickets through the presale were placed in less-than-desirable seats.

I hope this clears things up for you and saves you from reading pages and pages of thread.

I said this in the Seattle thread: We're not just competing with Canadians and American NorthWesterners. We're also going to be competing with literally THOUSANDS of frustrated U2.com members that couldn't get tickets for their preferred local venue.
You can't blame them--I tried and failed for tickets to the Boston gigs.

But still--can you imagine 50,000 fans making a run at 1,700 GA tickets. :huh:
That's what our $40 fee got us. :mad:

There is still no word on the presale/public sale dates for Vancouver, Seatle, and Phoneix.
i'm growing very impatient about this.

boosterjuice said:
There is still no word on the presale/public sale dates for Vancouver, Seatle, and Phoneix.
i'm growing very impatient about this.

Something tells me that they are working hard to correct what happened with the first wave of presales so that future presales have less problems. If it means we wait a month, so be it. I want this to work the way it "should" work.

There was only 1 show for the Elevation Tour in Vancouver for a reason and that was the crappy Vancouver Grizzlies had a game the next night. With basketball no longer there and no hockey playoffs to worry about the chances of Vancouver getting 2 shows I would say are extremely positive.

I was pretty close to predicting the number of shows wasnt I Roland?

Yahweh said:
I was pretty close to predicting the number of shows wasnt I Roland?

Yes you were. I am beginning to wonder about your name. :wink:

I feel a little better about things this morning. How are the rest of the Vancouver flocking interferencers doing? If the presale fails (a real possibility), I am confident now that we'll see a general sale for TWO Vancouver shows and with that, a real chance of getting into ONE of them at the very least.

In the event that a second show is added, does it pop up on the ticketmaster site right a way? Does it pop up at the U2 site before or after? Anyone know? I'll be working the net for this and I hope tell us asap on the net.

Also, I should add that a failed presale grab this round will set me up for the 3rd leg presale attempt. This could be promising now that U2.com have excluded all presales from new memberships taken after last monday. As well, U2.com members that have already used their codes will no longer be able to take part in another presale for the tour/ or until their membership comes up for renewal.

Ticketmaster in general adds the second show right away within 5 minutes of the first one selling out, this doesnt always happen because I have heard from various sources that they are adding a Denver 2 to go on sale on Friday but it hasnt shown up on the Ticketmaster site yet.

Not that I know what is going to happen but I am hoping that u2.com will send out some sort of notification as to when the pre-sale is going to happen.

I keep checking u2.com and ticketmaster.ca/.com to check but still nothing :|

I've been checking ticketmaster.ca everyday too. Anyone have any guesses as to what our prices may look like?

Have my fingers crossed for a second show!

Prices should be the same as US prices so I guess Canada gets a slight bargain but still only one city with shows this leg, hope for more on leg 3 of course.

Yahweh said:
Prices should be the same as US prices so I guess Canada gets a slight bargain but still only one city with shows this leg, hope for more on leg 3 of course.

So it will be $49 CDN for the Vancouver show?

Roland of Gilead said:
In the event that a second show is added, does it pop up on the ticketmaster site right a way? Does it pop up at the U2 site before or after? Anyone know? I'll be working the net for this and I hope tell us asap on the net.
yeah, ticketmaster is the first to show it
A link will posted on the main page of the original show, as well as the bands ticketmaster page, and the venues ticketmaster page. U2.com won't have it updated until much later, in fact I don't even think they have the most recent additions up there yet.

Thats the way its been on all the previous tours dont know why it would change now.

Back
Top Bottom