MERGED-->Official 3/28 San Diego Setlist Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this set list was perfect, of course there were a couple things I would have changed (take away elevation, put in UTEOTW).

overall, I am impressed and cant wait to get my hands on the audio for this

Aardvark747 said:
Im loving the fact that 'Hand that built America' was played!!:drool:

Though it was just a snippet ... in Bullet of all songs! Can't wait to hear that!

want to hear how they updated the lyrics to zoo station,
glad they kept the SFB in Vertigo snippet.
Good things.

sorry for my ignorance,guys, but i don't understand the word "snippet"??Is it like a song played out of a dj's desk?
thx,
looks like you all have enjoyed their first gig!

tilen said:
sorry for my ignorance,guys, but i don't understand the word "snippet"??Is it like a song played out of a dj's desk?
thx,
looks like you all have enjoyed their first gig!

A snippet is when Bono sings a part of a song during another already being played.

For example:

I want to run, I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside
And I was on the inside when they pulled the four walls down
I want to reach out and touch the flame
Where the streets have no name

As you can see, I put a line from I Will Follow into the first verse of Streets. It would be written:

Where The Streets Have No Name / I Will Follow (snippet)

Make sense?

Interesting setlist, gotta admit it was brave to play 3 songs off Boy this early in the show.
Apart from the new album, all the others are pretty even I think: 3 songs off Boy, 3 songs off War, 1 from UF, 3 from JT, 3 from AB, 2 from ATYCLB. Looks like a review of their career, almost.

Biggest surprises for me:
- Vertigo isn't the opener
- the absence of previous frequent songs like Bad, WOWY, I still haven't found..., Desire, Until the end of the world, Mysterious ways
- I thought 4 songs off ATYCLB would appear
- Elevation, 40, Zoo station, The fly all came back
- Boy songs

That said, this was only the first night - I don't think they scrapped anything just yet. Given how many 90's songs were played on Elevation, let's wait and see.

Last edited:
I was watching the set list live on atu2.com throughout the afternoon here in Oz whilst bored at work and I kept thinking 'you lucky, lucky bastards.....!!!'

What an amazing set list.

When someone has news on where to obtain the recording of the show, feel free to let us know!!!!!

Cheers

neilm

I really like the idea that Vertigo is not the opener!!!

But...I do miss WOWY and Until the end of the world!

I'm transfering my recording as we speak...will be ready in the morning.

Sounds good too. I know of several people that taped. (Actually met a guy that parked next to me listening to his recording in the car)

Chrisedge said:

Sounds good too. I know of several people that taped. (Actually met a guy that parked next to me listening to his recording in the car)

:rockon:

thanks Chrisedge!

Chrisedge said:

:bow:

Crisedge wins top prize for post of the week.

Chrisedge said:

:bow: Great news

I didn't think it will be SO fast :D
here is 11:30am, so I can't wait for the evening :hyper:

Chrisedge said:

:up: You are a hero.

typhoon said:
Oh, and isn't it great that "The Fly" apparently didn't age well enough for inclusion on their nineties compilation, but it's still good enough for two tours in a row?

I agree! That's exactly what i thought...

and what about Into the heart/stories for boys/a cat dubh/the cry/electric co/40.....not included on the 80-90 compilaion? haha LOL

Back
Top Bottom