Premium Feature: Who ignores me? *REMOVED*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosLil'Pal94 said:
I think you should be like noticed when you've been put onto somebody's ignore/buddy list. That way you don't have to keep checking...just an idea :shrug:

:up:

Good one!
I was just thinking about that too.

Bonochick said:
I don't like for people to say who has them on their ignore list. If a person has chosen to ignore you, they obviously have some sort of problem with you. Instead of getting into stuff whenever they see one of your posts, they chose to just ignore your posts, which basically fixes the problem. Even though the person doing the ignoring won't see a member's post where they say who is ignoring them, everybody else sees it, and I just don't think people need to know that stuff. I think the feature of being able to see who is ignoring you is fine, but I think people should keep that list to themselves.

I agree! I feel like its an invasion of privacy. :(

Sigh. I'm not sure this was a great idea. Sometimes it is going to lead to some unintended hurt, offense or bewilderment. I use the ignore feature for a variety of reasons. There are some whose posts I never read (unless someone quotes them) and others who are on my ignore list whom I have no gripe with, whom I like and who I read (using the override was just easier than changing my ignore list) They were on my ignore list for a couple of threads that I thought they were being overly harsh with someone and I didn't want to hear it and I found myself getting ready to overreact--for example if there was going to be an exchange between specific posters that was happening with increasing frequency, it was easier to filter their exchanges, but still read the other responses. Then when it was another thread, I would use the override. With this new feature, I've managed to offend people I never had any intention of offending. The Ignore was used to stop me from saying something I didn't think out properly that might offend somebody I didn't want to. There's irony there, I guess.

But I'm accountable. And if people were pissed, I understand that.

Last edited:
BonosSaint said:
Sigh. I'm not sure this was a great idea. Sometimes it is going to lead to some unintented hurt, offense or bewilderment. I use the ignore feature for a variety of reasons. There are some whose posts I never read (unless someone quotes them) and others who are on my ignore list whom I have no gripe with, who I like and who I read (using the override was just easier than changing my ignore list) They were on my ignore list either for a couple of threads that I thought they were being overly harsh with someone and I didn't want to hear it and I found myself getting ready to overreact--for example if there was going to be an exchange between specific posters that was happening with increasing frequency, it was easier to filter their exchanges, but still read the other responses. Then when it was another thread, I would use the override. With this new feature, I've managed to offend people I never had any intention to offend. The Ignore was used to stop me from saying something I didn't think out properly that might offend somebody I didn't want to. There's irony there, I guess.

I totally agree with this post.

blueeyedgirl said:

So would I if I could see it...:sad:

And folk I've never heard of have me as their buddy. :ohmy: All 4 of them. :wink:

I'll put you on my buddy list. :yes:

And since you can't see it, I can put you on my ignore list too. :evil: ...except I can't see why I would want to.... :hmm:

And BonosSaint -- your post makes me wonder just how many people you have on your ignore list! :ohmy:

Last edited:
I used to LOVE the 'who ignores me?' feature.

I was sad when it went away.

I'm surprised that there are so many people who weren't here when we used to have it.

I agree with Kellyahern, Bonochick and Bonosaint. It really is an invasion of privacy, and outs people for doing something they chose to do in private to avoid hurting feelings, not to cause more hurt feelings. IMO if this feature were to be implemented, people should have been given advance warning so they could have a chance to delete their ignore lists before anyone saw them.

I realize I'm not involved in this because I don't have a list, but I did deal with this issue on another website and it became very hurtful.

Seriously, though, if you can get hurt feelings from a message board then you probably have bigger problems than an ignore list.

bonosgirl84 said:
Seriously, though, if you can get hurt feelings from a message board then you probably have bigger problems than an ignore list.

True, but I can just think it might cause problems on the forum in the future. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see :shrug:.

I had a few people on my ignore list that I had no idea who they were. They must have posted a long time ago :lol:.

bonosgirl84 said:

I tend to agree. To me it's a fun and harmless feature (and hell, I'm on three people's ignore lists), but if people do use it maliciously (ie., publicly) and don't stop when asked by mods etc., they can be given the boot. Just about anything on a message board can be use in hurtful ways by people who want to do that. :shrug:

I randomly put people on my ignore list from time to time. Nothing at all against the people either, I quite like em. When I do block someone though, it's usually based on one thread or something where I don't agree with the person's jokes or intended sarcasm, yet I still want to continue reading the thread without feeling like it's being derailed. Nothing personal at all and hopefully not taken that way by anyone who may end up on my list :up:

AngelofHarlem01 said:
When I do block someone though, it's usually based on one thread or something where I don't agree with the person's jokes or intended sarcasm...

Based on this statement, I might have to ignore you.

Back
Top Bottom