(03-24-2006) One Life, One Love -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
One Life, One Love

U2.Com Premiere! In South America last month, U2 and Mary J Blige shot a new video for 'One', Mary J's latest release.

Catch a sixty second clip of the video here.

(At present only in Windows Media).

--U2.com

;)
vocalaid.jpg

I like it.

Both the video and the song. The faster beat works fine and Mary's voice is great. A well done project.

The song is not "ours" and if the boys want to share it, they get to carry each other...
Mary does a nice soul version and as we know the the boys got SOUL!!
i love how it has a heavier rythym than the original. whenever the boys play it live the thump from larry and the slappin from adam is alway more prevelant and i am glad they produced it that way for Mary...

AWESOME!!

Not crazy about her but I loved the photography -- do we know who directed it?

The overhead shots of Larry and of Edge's guitars are particularly nice. So is the "Still Live With Vocal Aid."

Zooropa man said:

What are those pills? Are they to help Bono sing better...?

I believe they are throat lozenges. I use one called "Vocal-Zone" that I buy in England. They taste awful but they help if you have a hoarse throat.

hmmm MJ started off a bit flat but really kicked it in midway and then she & B seemed to feed off each other. I like the end enough to forget about the beginning :up:

mary's vocal histrionics are matched by bono's "air guitar" histrionics in that video. i thought he was going to pull out a pete townshend windmill move near the end there. :wink:

The more I listen to this song/video, the more I dislike this song and U2. I think it is a really good idea for me to stop trying this song out. I have given it several chances. One is completely ruined. I used to love it. Now I can't even listen to AB. I really think it's disgusting. I have several times defended U2 on these boards, but this time I just can't. If this is the path U2 is going, I will not follow. I'm really disappointed. Why the hell take an "old" song and remake it, if it isn't for the money or the fame?

Last edited:
I meant of course One on AB, not the whole album.

I feel the same way about the re-making of POP. It is a really bad move, but it doesn't seem that they are doing it, thank god. If they wanted to explore RnB, they should just make a new song, not re-use anything.

Last edited:
i don't really like this version, but it's not a big deal (to me). i just won't listen to it.

glad to hear you can still listen to the rest of AB, electrical voice ! :)

This is a million times better than the original. Mary made the song, because of course U2 is boring without features.

Back
Top Bottom