Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weird how batting second has been a huge advantage all series.

Also we better unearth some decent quicks soon or we're fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Australia have got this now.

Dhoni should've quit all forms when he quit Tests.

What is more entertaining than seeing India finding new ways to lose ODIs?
Especially against an Aussie 2nd string (at best) pace attack?

How fucking good is Khawaja at the moment. Jesus christ.

Thunder should absolutely shit the final in. Pretty amazing considering their BBL record thus far. Why wasn't Kallis playing? Looking forward to watching the whole game tonight. Tipping the Stars will shit the bed, make about 155 batting first then get rolled in 16-17 overs two wickets down. Or they'll be chasing 170-180 batting second and lose wickets early and finish up like 8-145. Then Thunder will win the final by miles

Kallis wasn't fully fit, but he should be back for the final. The one challenge for the Thunder is they'll be playing away from home; didn't seem to be a problem last night but if they have to go to Perth that could be more difficult.

Really hope today's rain is gone for good. We need five overs per side for a result; failing that, Stars go through to the final by default.

Milne took great figures today 3.1 overs, 3 wickets, just 8 runs. Great T20 bowling.

Scorchers really struggling out there right now...

Neither of these semis have been particularly exciting. Sure, still time for something crazy to happen tonight, but it doesn't seem likely.

I sometimes get right into the tennis, but it hasn't happened yet this year.

Stars made it to the final so I can't complain too much. It'll be funny to see the Hussey brothers go up against each other as rival captains.

My love for the tennis grows every year. It's a really great sport at times. Can feel like an effort to sit down and watch it at the start given how long it goes for, particularly the mens, but once you get into it, there's not much better, particularly when it's a good game. Pretty decent one between Krygios and Berdych right now.

Unless it's a sticky wicket the Thunder will destroy the Stars.

Can feel like an effort to sit down and watch it at the start given how long it goes for, particularly the mens

You do realise you're posting in a thread for the one sport in the world that manages to have a single match run an entire fucking week?

If the Indians find a way to jag another couple of wickets here it could be a good game. Problem for them all series is they've bled runs. If you're not taking wickets you've gotta hold but the Aussies have been so good at picking off ones and twos, turning dots into ones, ones into twos, that sort of thing.

Part of me suspects that even if they only need to chase 200-250 they'll find a baffling way to lose. It would be in keeping with the series so far.

And in no surprise to anybody India have managed to let Australia completely get away.

Looks like they've found a gem in Manish Pandey. After Rohit Sharma got out I didn't give them a chance of chasing it down. Good to see MMarsh get a ton after waiting all summer. His final over was funny. Got dicked on a wide call by the umpire (that was seriously harsh live and on replay looked wrong), then hit for six by Dhoni, effectively handing them the game, then got him out next ball.

Some insane stats from the series. First of all, the highest-ever run aggregate for a five-match ODI series. But a few of my favourites: Sharma scoring 441 runs at 110.25. Kohli, with two tons and two fifties, only got 381 at 76.2 (and jesus christ is he becoming one of my fav players ever. Love his cunt, for lack of a better word.) For the Aussies Steve Smith led the way with 315 at 63, with Warner and Bailey also passing 200, but MMarsh ended up with the best average: 82.

But it's the bowling stats that make me giggle most. In five games (so a total of 100 possible wickets) there was a grand total of 55 wickets taken (I'm actually surprised it was that high.) John Hastings was the only man to crack double figures with 10 at 21.50 econ 5.65 (amazing, Jadeja, Bumrah, Hazlewood, Paris and Maxwell were the only other bowlers to have a sub-6 SR out of 22). Ishant Sharma (nine at 28), Kane Richardson (six at 29.5, thanks to his five-wicket haul that he got courtesy of Hasto) and Bumrah were the only other bowlers to have an average below 40. Insane.

Any of you watching the WBBL final right now? The Thunder are on fire.

Was a great finish!

Meanwhile, Rabada's torn down England with another 5fa.

Wow, great figures.

I hope the end of the BBL final is as exciting as the WBBL. I thought the Thunder were going to walk it in, then those five wickets fell, and the winning runs came up in almost a farcical fashion.

The Stars have set the Thunder a good total tonight but I reckon they needed at least another 10-20 to challenge the firepower of the Thunder lineup. They need to get Khawaja out to have a chance.

Worst ball of the game from a guy who hasn't bowled in the Big Bash for two years and Khawaja gets out! Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom