I'm In Big Trouble (Or Not), Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Yeah, sucks, doesn't it? :slant:

And is it just me that finds it ironic that in Lost In Translation Bill Murray's character took up with some skanky redhead and dissapointed Scarlett Johannsen?

Eeek....I haven't watched that movie yet. :( Oh well.

Irvine511 said:

mmmm ... vanilla stoli ... :drool:

I've gracefully decided to not go to the bar tomorrow night... Every year on the last day a group from our building goes and I was told he's shown up once or twice. With my luck I'd go and find out the rumours are true, and I do not need to start off my holiday by slamming shots and throwing the glasses in their general direction. :angel:

I'm going to try and focus on this last day and a half of work, and look forward to spending time with family and friends and start getting over this entire thing, which is a bit silly I guess, considering nothing ever happened. :slant:

New Year's babe

:kiss:

:hug:

We just have to figure out what we're doing...

Boys of Detroit, watch out :madwife:

I've gracefully decided to not go to the bar tomorrow night... Every year on the last day a group from our building goes and I was told he's shown up once or twice. With my luck I'd go and find out the rumours are true, and I do not need to start off my holiday by slamming shots and throwing the glasses in their general direction. :angel:

I'm going to try and focus on this last day and a half of work, and look forward to spending time with family and friends and start getting over this entire thing, which is a bit silly I guess, considering nothing ever happened. :slant:

i'm really sorry to hear how things have worked out april :hug:
but you seem to be taking it as well aspossible and dealing with it in a really good way. as for the bar - if you're worried about how you might react to seeing them then its good that you recognise that and don't go.
dont worry though, you'll go away have a wonderful christmas and new year with your family and friends and soon you'll be looking back at all of this wondering what the fuss is.
promise

I feel like those walls should be going back up, but what good has it done me over this time I've been single? Nada.

I think I need to have a talk with Ms. Fate... Bitch has been screwing me over too much as of late!

Or maybe she's been kind. :hmm: You wanted him to respond, but perhaps it's better that he doesn't. If you've been hurt by his inaction now, imagine how much more so if you were actually intimate with him in any sort of meaningful way.

Not getting what we want is sometimes the best thing for us. I've wanted lots of things that I didn't get, and I'm grateful that I didn't get them. Had I gotten a few of those relationships to work, I would have been miserable.

Merry Christmas April :hug: and if my marriage to Tara has taught me anything, it is that it is a total surprise, unmerited by anything I have done or who I am. What I mean is that tomorrow is pregnant with possibilities and you just don't know when you'll meet that man who makes your knees shake and whose presence comforts you, all at the same time. In our understanding, it's random, but it's also worth hoping for. :cute:

:cute: Awww... beautiful mushy stuff - from a GUY!!! :wink:

Seriously though, Tim's right on target with that post; not getting what we want is sometimes the best thing that never happened to us. :up: One day you'll look back on this episode & thank your lucky stars that it didn't work out. Remember: everything for a reason. :yes:

Merry Christmas, April - 2006 is just around the corner with 12 full months of possibilities! :hug:

I know this is a moot point now, but do you guys think I "missed" or didn't take full advantage of my opportunities while I had them, or do you think I did the best I could given the environment and situation we were in? Just wondering...

In any case, these threads have been very helpful to me in a lot of ways, and for the most part all of you have been extremely supportive and great to me. I really want to thank you all for your advice and kind words during all of this. :hug:

I know this is a moot point now, but do you guys think I "missed" or didn't take full advantage of my opportunities while I had them, or do you think I did the best I could given the environment and situation we were in? Just wondering...

In any case, these threads have been very helpful to me in a lot of ways, and for the most part all of you have been extremely supportive and great to me. I really want to thank you all for your advice and kind words during all of this. :hug:

Nope, I don't think that you "missed" a thing. You opened doors that he declined to walk through. You did far more to show your availability than most people do. He's either not interested or not assertive enough to do something. You shouldn't have to shake his ears to get him to take action.

You were courageous and daring. I hope that you don't wall up, it's great when you let us guys know that you're interested in us. If we don't respond, then it's time to walk on. If it's meant to be it's meant to be.

I also think that the two of you are looking for different things and that inevitably you'd realize it. Sadly, 2 or 3 years could go by before you realized that his commitment level is for today. They've written movies about guys like this :wink:

starsforu2 said:

Nope, I don't think that you "missed" a thing. You opened doors that he declined to walk through. You did far more to show your availability than most people do. He's either not interested or not assertive enough to do something. You shouldn't have to shake his ears to get him to take action.

You were courageous and daring. I hope that you don't wall up, it's great when you let us guys know that you're interested in us. If we don't respond, then it's time to walk on. If it's meant to be it's meant to be.

I also think that the two of you are looking for different things and that inevitably you'd realize it. Sadly, 2 or 3 years could go by before you realized that his commitment level is for today. They've written movies about guys like this :wink:

Hugh Grant is coming to mind awfully fast... :tongue:

Can we say Daniel Cleaver, anyone?

starsforu2 said:

she's been kind. intimate with him ...meaningful way.

getting what we want

:hug: my marriage to Tara ..a total surprise...anything I have done ...
What I mean is ....pregnant...

worth hoping for. :cute:

Hey Tim, just read your post...I mean, I read between the lines....anything we should know??? :hyper:

:lol: blue crack babies......:hmm:

starsforu2 said:

Yep. Men fail to move a relationship forward for one of two reasons: They're scared, or they're not interested.

stammer476 said:

Yep. Men fail to move a relationship forward for one of two reasons: They're scared, or they're not interested.

Well, I'm thinking whoever said he was interested, but keeping the feelers out there until the first thing became available, was right. More than one person has said that (the one who gave me all that info the other day said it also), and I know he likes me, but if he wants to be a scumpuppy and pounce on a woman going through a divorce, so be it.

I'm thinking with the way he acts, he's scared... Of anything real, that is. :tsk:

So, to reinerate, Miroslava and PopAngel will be on the prowl come New Year's Eve (or on a rampage, whichever one we feel like :wink: )... Watch out! :lol:

Well, I'm thinking whoever said he was interested, but keeping the feelers out there until the first thing became available, was right. More than one person has said that (the one who gave me all that info the other day said it also), and I know he likes me, but if he wants to be a scumpuppy and pounce on a woman going through a divorce, so be it.

I'm thinking with the way he acts, he's scared... Of anything real, that is. :tsk:

So, to reinerate, Miroslava and PopAngel will be on the prowl come New Year's Eve (or on a rampage, whichever one we feel like :wink: )... Watch out! :lol:

I would like to clarify that I may just be throwing rocks at them and not so much on the prowl...

:happy:

Poster_13061.jpg

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom