you are given a unique opportunity or gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Garrison

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
to go back in time 5 years and see your former self, 5 years younger, and tell your earlier self 5 things. What would you say?

And would you listen?

Here's mine:

1. Don't take anyone or anything for granted. Just because someone is by your side today, or in your life in somehow, doesn't mean it's always going to be that way. This could be your lover, your mother, your buddy, your dog, goldfish, etc.

2. Live life to it's fullest, by all means, but for God's sakes be more careful. Listen to the warnings, listen to what they are telling you, and heed them well.

3. You will meet the love of your life! In fact it's getting ready to happen for you...but you better keep your eyes and ears open....it's a chance meeting and it could be lost forever if your not paying attention. Don't screw this up!

4. Don't be afraid of success...you will understand someday what this means.

5. Here is $5, on January 31 2009 you need to take this $5 down to the store and purchase a Powerball lottery ticket, here are the numbers you must choose: 01 14 26 33 41 37

:love:

whats your 5 things?

Well I'd do number 5 as well, even though I couldn't legally buy a lottery ticket 5 years ago :lol:

I'd just say "don't stress out about things that are so unimportant and inconsequential - you can't see that now, but you will soon." Oh and, "fuck her, she'll get a lower grade than you in her Drama GCSE anyway!"

:up:

Ah, if only I could actually go back in time...

1. Don't take yourself so seriously! High school doesn't matter nearly as much as everyone says it does.

2. Be more outgoing; make a first move... Your instinct was right.

3. Life won't always go according to plan. And that's okay.

4. Don't stress over lost friends - those who remain your friends are the only ones who matter.

5. Get a haircut, dammit! :p

Well I'd do number 5 as well, even though I couldn't legally buy a lottery ticket 5 years ago :lol:

I'd just say "don't stress out about things that are so unimportant and inconsequential - you can't see that now, but you will soon." Oh and, "fuck her, she'll get a lower grade than you in her Drama GCSE anyway!"

:up:

well the point is that you can legally buy a lottery ticket today, and those were yesterdays numbers. ;)

the second part of that is funny :D

well the point is that you can legally buy a lottery ticket today, and those were yesterdays numbers. ;)

the second part of that is funny :D

... oh yeah. Why on gods earth would I buy a ticket five years ago for a date five years into the future?! :doh: :lol:

P.s. I love your screen name :up: If it's a south park reference. If not, :doh: again.

1. Don't
2. eat
3. all
4. those
5. french fries.

3. You will meet the love of your life! In fact it's getting ready to happen for you...but you better keep your eyes and ears open....it's a chance meeting and it could be lost forever if your not paying attention. Don't screw this up!

So you met the love of your life? I'm happy for you

I would just tell myself to be kinder to myself, because other people and circumstances will take care of the not-so-kind.

1. Avoid the temptations of the Internet. It's going to cost you huge amounts of time and you'll regret the addiction.

2. Start lifting weights, do what you can. You're not getting any muscle growth when anyone else is, so be proactive.

3. Stop being so unwilling to chill with the guys in the neighborhood. Just because they're not necessarily the "popular" crowd doesn't mean anything. Just hang with people.

4. When you get your license, it'd be advisable to make a right hand turn out of the bank parking lot on the day after New Years' 2008 instead of a left. Trust me.

5. One good thing on the Internet: free music. Google search MP3 blogs, get started ASAP. You'll want to have an appreciation for good music.

1. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're going to grow from that shy, little girl to an independent woman and you'll be okay - life is okay :)

2. Don't be too nice to others, also pay some attention to yourself. The effort you put into other people is not always coming back to you.

3. Trust a little more on your instinct, especially when making difficult decisions. You'll be alright, so believe in yourself!

4. Try to eat healthier and exercise more, it will help you sleep better and have a bigger level of energy.

5. Never look back. You are what you are, and life only makes you stronger. Looking back doesn't have any point, really, no matter what you've done or have been through. Just cherish the positive things from the past and keep them close to your heart.

I could come up with a few things, but if given this oportunity, I wouldn't mess with myself. Butterfly effect and shit, I wouldn't want to fuck things up. So although it's tempting to say "stay more involved in x activity in college" "get better grades, douchetard slacker, so you can do this and that" and "take this class instead of that class" and "don't go to the party that night" I would only mess with recent things. Therefore:

1) lottery, duh

2) at that party in december 2008, don't leave things up to chance: get his fucking number.

Back
Top Bottom