US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just remember all the conversation about presidential mishandling of classified documents as you watch this case play out. While it’s not the same thing (as this appears to be a case of ego and obvious, clear cut intent), just remember, this guy was immediately arrested and is due felony charges.

At the very least, idiotic handling combined with dishonesty gets you fired from your job 100% of the time.

my biggest confusion is how an air force reservist had access to all this top secret documentation. when i was in the army reserves i was doing a job that technically required a top secret classification (for handling radio crypto keys) and i was told to forget about ever getting the clearance unless i was about to be sent on a deployment to afghanistan. yet a state air reservist is given access to top secret strategic documents to the point that he can copy them and take them away?

i'm not trying to suggest anything conspiratorial or shady here. i'm just shocked that the document handling could be so sloppy.

my biggest confusion is how an air force reservist had access to all this top secret documentation. when i was in the army reserves i was doing a job that technically required a top secret classification (for handling radio crypto keys) and i was told to forget about ever getting the clearance unless i was about to be sent on a deployment to afghanistan. yet a state air reservist is given access to top secret strategic documents to the point that he can copy them and take them away?

i'm not trying to suggest anything conspiratorial or shady here. i'm just shocked that the document handling could be so sloppy.

He was part of an Intelligence Wing. They probably all, by default, get TS/SCI. I think the terms “reservist” and “national guard” are highly misleading here. I think he’s not a reservist in the traditional sense and he is (was) full time national guard rather than the whole 2 weeks out of the year plus every other weekend sort of thing.

What I find wild though is that he’s only 21. Kinda spins back to our adulthood conversation - this is a prime example of “18 is not enough.” He clearly failed to maturely understand his actions. How exactly did he manage to get a clearance so fast?

But I still agree, kind of strange that he had so much access. I totally understand how he got away with it, but I do not understand how he got to it in the first place. Sort of defeats the whole concept of compartments.

He was part of an Intelligence Wing. They probably all, by default, get TS/SCI. I think the terms “reservist” and “national guard” are highly misleading here. I think he’s not a reservist in the traditional sense and he is (was) full time national guard rather than the whole 2 weeks out of the year plus every other weekend sort of thing.

What I find wild though is that he’s only 21. Kinda spins back to our adulthood conversation - this is a prime example of “18 is not enough.” He clearly failed to maturely understand his actions. How exactly did he manage to get a clearance so fast?

true, we don't really have full-time reservists here, aside from a few high-ranking officers and NCMs who are mostly semi-retired transfers from the regular army. when i went full-time i had to switch from the reserves to the regular force and sign a 3-year contract. and it still took me over 2 years of that contract to get the security clearance just to do my everyday job without restrictions.

But I still agree, kind of strange that he had so much access. I totally understand how he got away with it, but I do not understand how he got to it in the first place. Sort of defeats the whole concept of compartments.

right? it kinda begs the question how this hasn't happened way sooner.

Last edited:
To be clear, I don’t think there’s an actual “full time” Air National Guard. What I more mean is like their cycle might be training for 4 months 4 hours a week or whatever.

I think the career specialty you sign up for really determines what your ANG schedule looks like. I’m just taking a shot in the dark, but anyone on military intelligence or in the intelligence community probably isn’t coming in once every other weekend and then two weeks out of the year. They’d be pretty hard to train like that.

canada has a few reserve intelligence units. i first tried to join the local one in halifax when i applied for the reserves but was told my eyesight wasn't good enough for some reason. my signals reserve unit worked with them a couple times and it was clearly just a bunch of students who thought they would eventually become jack bauer by showing up for 3 hours every thursday lmao.

i have a super hard time believing that the US intelligence establishment gives access to the highest level to low-level jabronis like this guy. i hope for everyone's sake that he somehow bypassed his clearance to do this.

Fuck I wanted this to go the distance and have Fox forced to make a public admission on air

WILMINGTON, Del. — Fox News agreed to settle a defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems on Tuesday for $787.5 million, according to an attorney for the voting technology company, representing a stunning conclusion to one of the most-watched media trials in decades. The judge dismissed jurors just hours after they had been selected. Dominion sued for $1.6 billion over allegations that Fox defamed the voting company by either knowingly or recklessly airing false claims tying voting machines to a conspiracy to undermine the 2020 presidential election. Some of Fox’s biggest stars and executives were expected to testify in the trial that was expected to test the limits of U.S. libel law.

Fox knew they were going to lose, it won't cost them any viewers though and that's all they care about. They're laughing at their viewers all the way to the bank. Hannity, Tucker, the whole fraud lot of them.

Shouldn't DeSantis be more concerned with the floods in FL and the resulting gas shortages than he is with don't say gay or trans or period? And Disney World?

Shouldn't DeSantis be more concerned with the floods in FL and the resulting gas shortages than he is with don't say gay or trans or period? And Disney World?

It's all connected. The gays and trans are the ones causing all of the floods and gas shortages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom