US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly doesn't get the adrenaline flowing.
Looks like yet another lesser (way lesser in this case) of two evils of old out of touch white men.

BIDEN is great. On paper he's the most successful democrat since FDR.

I'm so tired of lesser of two evils.

Bush started a war for no reason among other things including non stop terror threats for 8 years.

Trump did and does a million evil things including destroying democracy.

I hate my side so much. We are dumb.

Last edited:
I'm not "dumb" for wishing for a Democratic candidate other than Biden. At some point we have to get past he/SHE is not Trump...and reaching back to Bush is a far reach in 2024.

Obviously I vote for Biden over Trump or DeSantis, that's a given. Just as I voted for him last time.

So far the alternative is RFK Jr lol

I'm not "dumb" for wishing for a Democratic candidate other than Biden. At some point we have to get past he/SHE is not Trump...and reaching back to Bush is a far reach in 2024.

Obviously I vote for Biden over Trump or DeSantis, that's a given. Just as I voted for him last time.

So far the alternative is RFK Jr lol

I think it's easy to be underwhelmed by Biden because he's an old white male that stutters, but in reality, he's actually be a sneaky good President.

I don't care about his stutter and it actually makes him more appealing to me. I believe it makes him a more empathetic person. The tragic family losses he has suffered make him that too. I like empathetic people. I don't believe he's a narcissist either, and I like that. I think his stutter accounts for many of his mistakes that others want to call cognitive problems.

It's the economy stupid for 2024, and fair or not he's going to be blamed for that. I don't blame him, I think there is lots of price gouging going on. Don't know how any other President would have fared post pandemic either.

I'm also not biased against him because of his age, ageism sucks. Women start to experience it past 40, and past that well forget about it.

For me things are so awful in this country that a tiny fraction of my heart and brain wants to believe that some magic fairy person in the WH can fix it. Obviously I know that's not true.

Very good points. To your last point, I think the most important races are local ones sometimes. Sherrifs, state supreme court, etc.

My point was simply, the current president who beat Trump some Democrats are shitting on, saying I guess I'll vote for him again, meanwhile the guy who lost the last 3 elections, tried to overthrow the government, is on trial for rape this week and 100000 other things -- well Republicans talk less crap about him and even though they would like a different candidate, he's 99% going to win the GOP nomination for president and they will rally behind him.

My point is, I wish our side was better at rallying. In 2016 a lot of Bernie Bros didn't vote for Clinton and that still blows my mind! They voted for that crazy 3rd part candidate or stayed home.

GOP may hate a candidate, but they will always vote for them in the end knowing the president power includes the Supreme Court. That their side winning is all that matters. And they are right. Its a game and we suck at it.

So WE are dumb. All Democrats for not being better at politics like the GOP is.

Biden 2024.

Last edited:
Only one side keeps losing the popular votes and keeps winning the white house the last 30 years. But sure.

Also -
The Senate today is split 50-50 between the two parties. But the 50 Democratic senators effectively represent 186 million Americans, while the 50 Republican senators effectively represent 145 million.Oct 27, 2022

Gerrymandering...

It's NOT even close.

Last edited:
After being harassed several times in a short period of time — including by an entire family (mom, dad, children) who hurled anti-trans slurs and chased after her with their car — a trans friend of mine is buying a gun and taking shooting and gun safety classes.

Thanks, GOP. Thanks, MAGA. Thanks, DeSantis. And thanks, Twitter.

I am as anti-gun as it gets. But were I in her shoes, I’d do the same.

Only one side keeps losing the popular votes and keeps winning the white house the last 30 years. But sure.

Also -
The Senate today is split 50-50 between the two parties. But the 50 Democratic senators effectively represent 186 million Americans, while the 50 Republican senators effectively represent 145 million.Oct 27, 2022

Gerrymandering...

It's NOT even close.

Isn’t this by original design? So the less populous states don’t get pushed around by the larger states, they all get equal representation in the Senate?

The lads who created this system of government had probably assumed that all Senators would govern in good faith, but that’s another discussion.

Isn’t this by original design? So the less populous states don’t get pushed around by the larger states, they all get equal representation in the Senate?

The lads who created this system of government had probably assumed that all Senators would govern in good faith, but that’s another discussion.

It was. But now we live in a world were 6-10 senators easily go RED and have less people in their state population wise than will attend the U2 shows in Vegas.

At the time, the country wasn't so big. It's always been racist though.

Lol Fox News just fired Tucker.

As they say: “everything Trump touches dies.”

I’m sure Tuck will wind up someplace much, much worse and go on to do even more hateful, evil things with the sole purpose of making life worse for anyone who isn’t a fan of his show.

oh?

In a shocking announcement on Monday morning, the Fox News Channel announced that primetime host Tucker Carlson is leaving the network.

“Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” the network said in a statement. "We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor. "

His last show was this past Friday, April 21.

giphy.gif

Holy shit. This makes me too happy. Tucker will have a podcast soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom