Obama General Discussion, vol. 5 - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #121
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,783
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Expecting someone to be a good president because of race is as idiotic as the people who voted for Bush "cos he's a regular guy just like me!" Being black, Protestant, or a NASCAR fan bears absolutely no relevance on how competently you can run a country (or in the case of the US, work with your other branches of government to progress--because the other mistake that the simple minds who vote according to superficial personal identifiers is, that they forget the president doesn't make all the decisions by himself), and if you're disappointed in a president for that reason alone--"he's black and didn't magically make the country perfect in his first term wtf he was supposed to fix everything!"--you need to reevaluate your priorities and general understanding of the world.
__________________

IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #122
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphop View Post
Am I wasting my time replying to to someone who does´t want to discuss but take a cheap shot?
Wow...

You made cheap generalizations(or as you call them "cheap shots") about four posters, I was just turning it around on you. I'm sorry you missed that.
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,741
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphop View Post
You never saw an abstract?

It´s absurd that it does not disturb you when a priviledged group of people can snoop on you and everybody else at will, plus you pay a tax to finance this group of people.
I said "so?' as in, "so what's your point?" Your post was a passive-aggressive attempt to insult others. As BVS said, that was the cheap shot in this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphop View Post

Am I wasting my time replying to to someone who does´t want to discuss but take a cheap shot?

I guess so. Or what game were you referring to?

Bye, FYM! Keep throwing shit to see what sticks. I know I won´t be missed
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #124
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,712
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's amazing how the Euro Left and the American Right have so much in common.
The Australian Right thinks the American Right are fucking insane. Particularly when it comes to gin control.
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #125
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,815
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
The Australian Right thinks the American Right are fucking insane. Particularly when it comes to gin control.
Popmartijn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #126
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,712
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Oops.
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #127
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 09:08 AM
I'm amused as i think back at the Bush haters and how evil they genuinely thought he was. Including Obama. Then the unexperienced Chicago politician who bought his home with concicted felon Tony Rezco gets elected. Obama is from the same city and state as crooked Mayor Daley and convicted Governor Rod Blagojevich.
Almost every promise Obama made to get elected was a lie except for obama care. He kept most of Bush's policies. Oh he got rid of waterboarding thats right. Not the idiots that hated Bush have to stick up for Obama.
Drones, wiretaps, IRS. Failed economy. Failed foreign policy led by Hillary Clinton.. probably the worst Secretary of State i can remember. They were against the Arab spring. Syria was a joke. High gas prices throughout his whole term. High unemployment. Massive debt. Interest rates held too low for too long. Companies wont hire full time employees because of obama care. Haven't had a budget in i dont know how long. Climate change means the earth is not getting warmer.
I swear that I'm really starting to believe that Liberalism truely is a mental condition. Most people i know who are Liberal are not too bright.
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,783
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Oops.
I was going to say, dude, prohibition ended quite some time ago.
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #129
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,620
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
I swear that I'm really starting to believe that Liberalism truely is a mental condition. Most people i know who are Liberal are not too bright.
Stellar contribution. Helpful hint: use proper grammar and spelling when insulting the intelligence of others.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #130
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
I'm amused as i think back at the Bush haters and how evil they genuinely thought he was. Including Obama. Then the unexperienced Chicago politician who bought his home with concicted felon Tony Rezco gets elected. Obama is from the same city and state as crooked Mayor Daley and convicted Governor Rod Blagojevich.
Almost every promise Obama made to get elected was a lie except for obama care. He kept most of Bush's policies. Oh he got rid of waterboarding thats right. Not the idiots that hated Bush have to stick up for Obama.
Drones, wiretaps, IRS. Failed economy. Failed foreign policy led by Hillary Clinton.. probably the worst Secretary of State i can remember. They were against the Arab spring. Syria was a joke. High gas prices throughout his whole term. High unemployment. Massive debt. Interest rates held too low for too long. Companies wont hire full time employees because of obama care. Haven't had a budget in i dont know how long. Climate change means the earth is not getting warmer.
I swear that I'm really starting to believe that Liberalism truely is a mental condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Most people i know who are Liberal are not too bright.
But can they string together a properly constructed sentence and/ or complete thought?
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #131
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kony Island Baby
Posts: 10,244
Local Time: 07:08 PM
The Bush haters were confusing Bush, a patsy (albeit a patsy who had well and truly reached his majority), with Cheney, a genuine force for (probably un-self-reflective) evil.

Wait, who's Tony Rezco? That's it, I used to be a liberal but 9/11.
Kieran McConville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #132
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Oh Diemen and BVS. So sorry that grammar is an issue with you. After all i wrote, you picked on my grammar. Wow. Thanks for proving my point. Liberalism is alive and well in the psychological field. Don't attack my facts. Attack my grammar. Maybe after you both grow up and get a real job you can move out of mom's basement and get some real life experience. Maybe even some psychological help.
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #133
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Oh Diemen and BVS. So sorry that grammar is an issue with you. After all i wrote, you picked on my grammar. Wow. Thanks for proving my point. Liberalism is alive and well in the psychological field. Don't attack my facts. Attack my grammar. Maybe after you both grow up and get a real job you can move out of mom's basement and get some real life experience. Maybe even some psychological help.


You didn't have any facts.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,741
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Oh Diemen and BVS. So sorry that grammar is an issue with you. After all i wrote, you picked on my grammar. Wow. Thanks for proving my point. Liberalism is alive and well in the psychological field. Don't attack my facts. Attack my grammar. Maybe after you both grow up and get a real job you can move out of mom's basement and get some real life experience. Maybe even some psychological help.
The fact that you need to resort to personal attacks like this, speaks volumes about you.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #135
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,783
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Oh Diemen and BVS. So sorry that grammar is an issue with you. After all i wrote, you picked on my grammar. Wow. Thanks for proving my point. Liberalism is alive and well in the psychological field. Don't attack my facts. Attack my grammar. Maybe after you both grow up and get a real job you can move out of mom's basement and get some real life experience. Maybe even some psychological help.
But following your brand of logic (and I use that term loosely), liberalism is a mental condition alive and well in the "psychological field" (not sure what that means, was the field of psychology what you were going for?). So if liberals are dumb jokes of people, why are you instructing bvs and diemen to go seek their help? Clearly stupid hacks can't help people. But you're recommending they do just that. So which is it? Make up your mind.

Grow up, get a job, move out of mom's basement...wow, you should take those scathingly witty and original comments, and slap a patent on them! Or take them back over to the general chat in your mmo of choice. What? You say you don't play online video games? Could have fooled me, you write just like all the other trolls there.

As for your facts, all I see are a lot of declarative opinions (plus the worn-out assumption that people who disliked the Bush administration think Obama is the greatest president ever. I'd hate to shatter your black and white world view, but that's not true either) with virtually no explanations to back them. But people with limited understanding of grammar rarely possess the firmest vocabulary. I've already prattled on for too long, though. Perhaps someone else should explain the opposing definitions of fact vs opinion.
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #136
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Oh Diemen and BVS. So sorry that grammar is an issue with you. After all i wrote, you picked on my grammar. Wow. Thanks for proving my point. Liberalism is alive and well in the psychological field. Don't attack my facts. Attack my grammar. Maybe after you both grow up and get a real job you can move out of mom's basement and get some real life experience. Maybe even some psychological help.
Oh come on Tim, now none of this was called for... I just found it ironic that you came in here to attack people's intelligence but it was just one long slurred mess of ideas that weren't coherently put together. Grammar was the least of my worries with your post.

But I guess you are right, saying "Obama is from the same city and state as crooked Mayor Daley and convicted Governor Rod Blagojevich." is technically a fact. Probably your only one, its just too bad it doesn't really mean anything. I mean technically Bush was from the same city and state as a serial killer, so maybe we can apply that same logic?

And I wouldn't want to embarrass you with my real life experience, so we'll just pretend you didn't make such a childish assumption.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Maybe after you both grow up and get a real job you can move out of mom's basement and get some real life experience. Maybe even some psychological help.
Sweet debate tactic, bro
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #138
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,620
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Helpful hint: if you're going to attempt to insult people's intelligence, it helps if you don't make the attempt with uninspired and laughably ineffective insults.

Also, if this is going to be your style going forward, tim, then FYM isn't the place for you.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
I'm amused as i think back at the Bush haters and how evil they genuinely thought he was. Including Obama. Then the unexperienced Chicago politician who bought his home with concicted felon Tony Rezco gets elected. Obama is from the same city and state as crooked Mayor Daley and convicted Governor Rod Blagojevich.
Almost every promise Obama made to get elected was a lie except for obama care. He kept most of Bush's policies. Oh he got rid of waterboarding thats right. Not the idiots that hated Bush have to stick up for Obama.
Drones, wiretaps, IRS. Failed economy. Failed foreign policy led by Hillary Clinton.. probably the worst Secretary of State i can remember. They were against the Arab spring. Syria was a joke. High gas prices throughout his whole term. High unemployment. Massive debt. Interest rates held too low for too long. Companies wont hire full time employees because of obama care. Haven't had a budget in i dont know how long. Climate change means the earth is not getting warmer.
I swear that I'm really starting to believe that Liberalism truely is a mental condition. Most people i know who are Liberal are not too bright.
Yeah man obama is just the worst. what happened to hope and change i mean wasn't that your plan liberals. Wave a magic wand and make big bad Bush go away. Well it didnt happen and now look wear we are. maybe if youd all wized up and voted for mitt romney who hey look at that actually has business experience we could have jobs. lower taxes. Better prices on gas. Defense. Morality. who knows cause you blew the chance and now America is going to continue to crumble. And all this gun talk i mean come on. Your letting this country go to ruin because your too dumb to see what's goin on.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's amazing how the Euro Left and the American Right have so much in common.
are you kidding me?!
__________________

mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×