U2 at The Culture Show BBC Two - Cue Culture: the interference culture show evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by British Broadcasting Corporation claiming that this material is infringing:

U2 - No Line On The Horizon [Live, BBC Culture Show 2009]

what did it say further?

1. At 10:18pm on 24 Feb 2009, barretter wrote:
U2 "one of the greatest acts of all time" according to Lauren Laverne. Does "all time" include Bach, Mozart, Louis Armstrong, Ornette Coleman, the Beatles.In comparison U2 are insignificant midgets of no musical interest. Much like the Culture Show's coverage of music. It's as if you had a literature show and covered nothing but Mills & Boon novels. I pay a lot of money to the BBC and the culture coverage gets more and more dumbed down. U2 are not worth two minutes of a culture show and they've already been on for fifteen. Gawd save us from the culture of Lauren Laverne (and Kirsty Wark and Martha Kearney).

"Incites people to commit a crime" was the best I could come up with.

Like..a knife crime lol

U2 "one of the greatest acts of all time" according to Lauren Laverne. Does "all time" include Bach, Mozart, Louis Armstrong, Ornette Coleman, the Beatles.In comparison U2 are insignificant midgets of no musical interest. Much like the Culture Show's coverage of music. It's as if you had a literature show and covered nothing but Mills & Boon novels. I pay a lot of money to the BBC and the culture coverage gets more and more dumbed down. U2 are not worth two minutes of a culture show and they've already been on for fifteen. Gawd save us from the culture of Lauren Laverne (and Kirsty Wark and Martha Kearney).

Like..a knife crime lol

I don't get it gvox. what in this post is so insulting that you spend your time to write the BBC? Is this a joke I don't get?:shrug:

Like..a knife crime lol

There are many crimes which I would like to see committed on the person who wrote that!!

Well done GVOX!

I don't get it gvox. what in this post is so insulting that you spend your time to write the BBC? Is this a joke I don't get?:shrug:

So you would agree that U2 isn't worth 2 minutes of BBC time? Um. Okie!

BTW, I didn't 'spend my time to write the BBC'. I pushed a button marked "Complain" because I didn't like it (that's typically why people push "Complain") and checked a box for the reason 'incites people to crime' as a joke.

They sure took their time to write me though! :lol: And then they posted an editorial comment.

i think i'm confused by zwervers being confused by your confusing sense of humour, or something.

I actually think your post is a great parody of the kind of people that comment on the BBC website. It's just a shame that only 7 people will "get it". :sad:

^confusion is a tender trap...

That being said: It's a pitty they left out the last chorus on NLOTH
it ends so quickly...hope they'll lengthen this thing up for the life ones
It's so

Did you read it?

He goes on about them having already been on for 15 mins so I'm sort of wondering why the guy didn't just change channels if U2's appearance on the show bothered him that much. It was clear the whole program was about them.

It seems to be an increasing trend over here that people listen to/watch programs with the sole intention of being annoyed/offended by them - just so they can complain about how annoyed/offended they were. I'm betting he watches the extended re-run on Friday and complains again :lol:

He goes on about them having already been on for 15 mins so I'm sort of wondering why the guy didn't just change channels if U2's appearance on the show bothered him that much. It was clear the whole program was about them.

It seems to be an increasing trend over here that people listen to/watch programs with the sole intention of being annoyed/offended by them - just so they can complain about how annoyed/offended they were. I'm betting he watches the extended re-run on Friday and complains again :lol:

And the fact that it was titled, "The Culture Show: U2 Special", you would think he would of known to turn over at that point.

Spot on, this country is now a joke when it comes to things like this. People are so bitter about the BBC after Ross/Brand that they will take any opportunity to voice their selfish and snotty complaints, however unreasonable. There is a collective cultural fug hanging over us at the moment and lashing out at other's (tastes) seems to be becoming a hideous national sport... When it seems that all the majority want to do is press Red on lame reality TV shows, I say we need programming like the Culture Show even more than ever; hell, perhaps we need bands like U2 even more than ever... :angry:

In one of these interviews, love the moment when Adam pulls "Drowning Man" out of his ass to answer what is the song that defines U2 and all the other guys are for two seconds like: "WTF? Never heard of it.". :D

What interview is that?

Any further information appreciated.

Is there video?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by British Broadcasting Corporation claiming that this material is infringing:

U2 - No Line On The Horizon [Live, BBC Culture Show 2009]

Anyone have the audio of this to share?

Hi guys!
OK, so I am still confused on this BBC stuff. Dont kill me :reject: I looked thru the thread and still cant figure this out. Is there a link to watch any of the BBC stuff? or just audio?
Can someone send me whatever it is to
marisablankenship@gmail.com

Thanks! :wave:

Spot on, this country is now a joke when it comes to things like this. People are so bitter about the BBC after Ross/Brand that they will take any opportunity to voice their selfish and snotty complaints, however unreasonable. There is a collective cultural fug hanging over us at the moment and lashing out at other's (tastes) seems to be becoming a hideous national sport... When it seems that all the majority want to do is press Red on lame reality TV shows, I say we need programming like the Culture Show even more than ever; hell, perhaps we need bands like U2 even more than ever... :angry:

Well said :up:. That whole Ross/Brand farce made me so sick of this country and the number of bandwagon wankers that live in it.

As for Mark Kermode - I do enjoy his radio show and think he is a respectable film critic, however, he does seem to rail against whatever he deems to be very popular. I mean he was quick to rant against the recent Pirates of the Carribean, Batman and James Bond films. Whilst they aren't really my thing either, he does seem to have a stigma about being outside of the 'crowd' when it comes to popular culture.

Back
Top Bottom