Songs of Surrender - New album discussion - 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They need to not soften demand by touring US or at least the west coast or whatever. New arena will have a lot of selling points and that alone could probably get them to fill the place up for five nights to locals alone and U2 could advertise it to their fans as “a spectacle you won’t see anywhere else”. But like two months? I don’t know who the fuck is going to go from North America or Europe if they can just watch them near their home town.

I can't see U2 doing a residency here, maybe the first act to open it at the beginning of a tour. U2 haven't confirmed the rumour. I could be wrong here, but nah. They won't do a residency.

Las Vegas also hosts the super bowl in February ‘24…

New venue debut + Super Bowl appearance or stream during super bowl festivities from the venue.

Sounds like U2 to me.

Last edited:
Super Bowl purposely said they’re moving away from white legacy rock acts and have shifted to more younger appealing, urban stuff in recent years. U2 isn’t going to play the Super Bowl.

A lot of it has to do with “going viral” and the kids aren’t going to Tweet “OMG Pride!”

Super Bowl purposely said they’re moving away from white legacy rock acts and have shifted to more younger appealing, urban stuff in recent years. U2 isn’t going to play the Super Bowl.

A lot of it has to do with “going viral” and the kids aren’t going to Tweet “OMG Pride!”

They may not necessarily play at the Super Bowl, but I think the revenue opportunity for the city of Vegas to have U2 in town to generate awareness of this new arena just makes too much sense.

They had 50 Cent and every other early 2000’s washed up rapper under the sun last year. I think a tie in with U2 in Vegas wouldn’t be frowned upon if you really think each year they will shy away from every legacy “white” act. Also, don’t forget they sampled XXX on SOE and Bono was on a DMX song. The band also had a song in Sing 2 with Bono as a main character so they also at least try to target a younger demo.

Lastly, The Raiders just hired their new president who was from the Vegas Gaming Control board. She will realize the revenue opportunity the venue is for the city and the raiders.

I think the Super Bowl would no doubt make accommodations for u2 and Vegas new venue to be involved. $$$

Last edited:
They may not necessarily play at the Super Bowl, but I think the revenue opportunity for the city of Vegas to have U2 in town to generate awareness of this new arena just makes too much sense.

They had 50 Cent and every other early 2000’s washed up rapper under the sun last year. I think a tie in with U2 in Vegas wouldn’t be frowned upon if you really think each year they will shy away from every legacy “white” act. Also, don’t forget they sampled XXX on SOE and Bono was on a DMX song. The band also had a song in Sing 2 with Bono as a main character so they also at least try to target a younger demo.

Lastly, The Raiders just hired their new president who was from the Vegas Gaming Control board. She will realize the revenue opportunity the venue is for the city and the raiders.

I think the Super Bowl would no doubt make accommodations for u2 and Vegas new venue to be involved. $$$
Hey.

U2 aren't playing the Super Bowl again.

If anything they could do the “rock for the olds” counter-programming on SB weekend like Metallica have. But that would mean playing 2nd fiddle to the big event.

They had 50 Cent and every other early 2000’s washed up rapper under the sun last year.

Um, what? That was some pretty A-list shit. Kendrick and Eminem are bigger worldwide stars than U2 (certainly streamed more) and the former may very well be a bigger concert draw in the US at this exact moment. And that’s just those two. May not be what you’re into, but it was a cool way to represent LA and its rap scene/Dre crowd. Em’s biggest record has outsold U2’s.

For those who don't know anything about MSG Sphere, it's supposed to be the most technologically advanced concert venue ever created. It's being built behind the Venitian, just off the Strip, by the Madison Square Garden Company. More or less the entire wall of the arena - inside and out - is a gigantic 16k LED screen.

This thing screams U2.

https://youtu.be/33zQjAWN9FE

MSG-Sphere-at-The-Venetion-2019-billboard-1548.jpg

MSG-Sphere-Exterior.jpg

msg-sphere-las-vegas.jpg

images

Ohh like in Sing 2!

Back
Top Bottom