magnificent will be next single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Magnificent and Crazy Tonight are pretty much locks for radio. I think they'll do Crazy Tonight next to grab the younger audience, and then do Magnificent to grab the fans of old U2.

The 4th single is probably going to be one of Breathe, No Line or White As Snow. I think any of them would need a new mix for radio though.

I just heard Magnificent on theradio and it sounded amazing. I think it will be the next single.

Maybe its just me, but I just don't get the whole Crazy Tonight thing. Yeah, I guess it sounds like a single in the same vein as Sweetest Thing...but honestly I think there are other songs that would make better singles: NLOTH, Magnificent, MOS (an edited version - like what they did for Lemon) or Breathe.

I personally think that Crazy Tonight is easily forgettable and almost too sweet and poppy for this album. But thats just me.

I support Magnificent as the next single of the U2.

It's the best song on the album and immediately catchy. :up:

I heard (through hearsay) that Magnificent is the next single according to one of the DJ's on BBC Radio One.

Wow, there are really people who do NOT think that Magnificient should be the next single? :wink:

It's such an obvious choice to me. They need the most rallying song for the 2nd single, and the one that is the most likely to make casual and/or old U2 fans want to buy the album. It seems there is a near consensus on this song among us here, everyone loves it. I'm personally a big fan of Crazy Tonight and I think it would be a good single, and likely to attract some new fans because it's very catchy and radio-friendly, but it's obviously polarizing as many people seem to hate it too. So it's not what's needed now.

I'm not sure there are any other really single worthy tracks on the album apart those two (not saying this in a bad way, there are many amazing song, just not radio friendly IMO), but who cares, all they need is one or two successful ones. Nobody pays attention to later singles anyways.

It should be "Magnificent (Single Mix)", with the first 40 seconds or so lopped off. It should start with an ambient swirl, then straight to the keyboard/synth Killers-like intro notes, and then into the opening techno crescendo. That will make it 4:40 or so, which is fine.

Magnificent is a great choice for a single. MOS, as much as I love it, is too long to be considered 'radio friendly', and I'd hate to see over 7 minutes edited down to 3 or 4 minutes. I think the third single should be Stand Up Comedy.

i love Magnificent, best song on the album. Im all for this being the next single and if promoted correctly could be huge. Then i suppose they can roll out Crazy Tonight to satisfy the tweens. I dont mind Crazy Tonight actually, i think its a pretty good song, its just not as good as some of the songs on the album. Also i agree with whoever said that NLOTH would be a good single, that song kicks ass.

I think Breathe is a song which can be considered a single but a different sound on the radio. That would be my third choice - however they probably need a ballad in there too

Yes this is smart.I think there should be about 4 singles.

1st single:Get On Your Boots
2nd single:Magnificent
3rd single:Moment of Surrender
4th single:Breathe.

Unknown Caller and NLOTH are good enough to be singles too,but its usually good to have some good songs left as album tracks to give overall strentgh to the record.

Yes this is smart.I think there should be about 4 singles.

1st single:Get On Your Boots
2nd single:Magnificent
3rd single:Moment of Surrender
4th single:Breathe

Yes, I think this is exactly right. There will be a lot of album cuts that get a lot of air play. In that regard, I think Crazy, Caller and Comedy will get a ton of it. But I think you nailed which songs will be singles...and the order.

I'd put money on

1. GOYB
2. Magnificent
3. Breathe
4. NLOTH/Unknown Caller depending on reaction

I doubt MOS will be one. Its a fan song... too quiet, not really dynamic enough for today's fast food audience.

I can hear all 5 of those songs being fairly big on radio

count me as the lone person who doesn't want magnificent to be the next single, or any single.

don't get me wrong... i like the song and all, i just don't think it'll do as well as everyone else seems to think as a single.

i think the "i was born to sing for you" verse will get shreaded by people who hate u2 because they think bono's an egomaniac.

After Boots, I don't think this album has any obvious singles, and I'm totally okay with that.

Back
Top Bottom