I've been away since the beach clips...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PookaMacP

War Child
I've been away for the past month travelling around Eastern Europe (top quality, definitely recommended by the way) and the last thing that I heard about was the beach clips. Now I come back and there's Green Day references, Rick Rubin, Abbey Road, etc. Can anyone fill me in without my having to trawl through a hundred threads? (No time, work to do, etc)

Thanks!

Right..the beach clips consist of
- 400 (sounds Beatles-like, think Stuck in a moment - Original of the species piano pop),
- 403 aka Thank you (a Bono piano demo, co-written by Lanois),
- 402 and 404 are more developed and more guitars. 402 sounds a bit more ethereal (think MDH soundtrack/Mercy), 404 sounds poppy in the verses but an addictive classic U2 chorus. Nice bluesy solo by Edge on that one.

U2 and Green Day did a cover of The saints are coming for Music Rising and they performed it last week at the re-opening of the Superdome in N. Orleans. The song will be availabe via download and on CD.

The band has been recording with Rick Rubin in Abbey Road in September and so far Bono, Larry, Edge and McGuiness spoke highly of the new material. That said, no date has yet been confirmed for the release. Edge said the album might be a departure and McGuiness said there will be a download single by the end of this year. Also, Jacknife Lee is in the studio but his role hasn't been confirmed - Rubin is the producer.

Last edited:
Let's not forget about the big news of the weeks, U2 are releasing a third Best Of collectiong spanning their entire career on November 20. It will consist of 16 of the Best tracks (I assume the biggest singles like usual) and two tracks recorded with Rick Rubin in Abbey Road Studios. One of which it The Saint Are Coming w/ Green Day. The other is a brand new U2 song.

Beach Clips 2006, Eze-Sur-Mer, France
http://www.sa vefile.com/projects/923039

Project updated: September 20th 2006, 10:12 PM. (GMT:+2)

Too keep track of what's new or what this includes take a look here:
Includes:

* Cedric u2achtung.com audio (about 16 seconds from youtube)
* U2exit (total of about 18 min) clips
* Some cleaned up beachclips
* Alternate versions by Daniel Lanois and The Strokes
* Information .txt files including "lyrics"
* CD-Front cover
* Walk On The Beach All My Life 30-second mix to compare All My Life to Walk On
* Guitar chords for U2's "Thank You For The Day" and guitar tab for "All My Life".
* Fan recorded covers of "All My Life", "I Believe" and "Thank You For The Day" by am22884 (uploaded with permission of course)
* Fan video for "All My Life" made by Edge89
* Fan cover of "Thank You For The Day" with guitar parts by Edge89

Back
Top Bottom