Bono responsible for leaked songs / Interference made the news - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JoseStation said the song that hear in the studios (fresh, amazing, wonderful, psicodelic pop...) IS NOT on the five beach clips.

Originally Posted by PolarCamel
did anyone catch later comments from them in light of the u2.com vids or the beach and HQ clips?
That's the very question that has been on my mind for a while now.
It would be interesting to see what they have to say.

An answer to this.

it's now on the front page of yahoo.com. Oyy!

hahahahahaha....this is fucking awesome...I mean it makes no sense, but it's still incredible.....if you think about how insignificant this whole beach clip thing is....

I can't believe how big U2 is....I didn't really think this could ever happen...just over 4 almost inaudible beach clips! :applaud:

and what's even more hilarious is...every news article has something like "Bono Is To Blame" in it.....:laugh:

hahahahahaha....this is fucking awesome...I mean it makes no sense, but it's still incredible.....if you think about how insignificant this whole beach clip thing is....

I can't believe how big U2 is....I didn't really think this could ever happen...just over 4 almost inaudible beach clips! :applaud:

and what's even more hilarious is...every news article has something like "Bono Is To Blame" in it.....:laugh:
Seriously. When I saw it on the front page of Yahoo today I burst out laughing. U2 music leaks are serius biznes!

Also *points*! Your avatar is a resized wallpaper I made and had on my desktop for the longest time. It looks gooood as an av :D

Seriously. When I saw it on the front page of Yahoo today I burst out laughing. U2 music leaks are serius biznes!

Also *points*! Your avatar is a resized wallpaper I made and had on my desktop for the longest time. It looks gooood as an av :D

ohhh reeeeaally?.... you made it? That's pretty cool...well thanks for making it! It's also my desktop for now...cool pic of the band, I like the colors :up:

I feel a bit uneasy about these clips getting all this unjustified attention. The current climate for record companies is one of fear and loss of control, I hope this doesn't damage Interference or the bands trust in their hardcore fanbase. If any of the band actually listened to the clips that all the fuss is being made over, they would probably laugh!

Am I alone in this feeling?

it's all creating a buzz for us as fans - so all fine. enjoy it as these moments dont come around quickly...

I feel a bit uneasy about these clips getting all this unjustified attention. The current climate for record companies is one of fear and loss of control, I hope this doesn't damage Interference or the bands trust in their hardcore fanbase. If any of the band actually listened to the clips that all the fuss is being made over, they would probably laugh!

Am I alone in this feeling?

it's attention, buzz, publicity whatever you want to call it. IMO I don't see this damaging or being a possible cause for lack of trust by the band. I think that Bono and Co. are well aware of their fanbase and the fact that fans will be around whereever they are at, Eze for example. That they would be unaware of this possibility after all these years is ridiculous. They are not that naive. They played that music knowing that fans might be out there listening and possibly recording.

it's attention, buzz, publicity whatever you want to call it. IMO I don't see this damaging or being a possible cause for lack of trust by the band. I think that Bono and Co. are well aware of their fanbase and the fact that fans will be around whereever they are at, Eze for example. That they would be unaware of this possibility after all these years is ridiculous. They are not that naive. They played that music knowing that fans might be out there listening and possibly recording.

I guess we'll know for sure now - after all this publicity about the "beach clips" if Bono & Co. play songs at full blast at Eze again then obviously they either don't care if anyone records them or are hoping that someone does record them for the low quality free publicity.

It's obvious from the hot press article that U2 are well aware of the clips and have heard them and don't give a shit. The media is just desparate because they are not getting any official press. U2 is one of the most media savy bands out there. They know full well how to generate interest and they are doing a fantastic job right now of building anticiapation for the new album. By the time they release the single the press will be slavering outside their door guaranteeing maximum press coverage for very little if any actual costs. Great strategy.

Dana

I absolutely believe that U2 is aware of these so called "Beach Clips" and of the fact that fans record the music they hear on the Eze beach, I think they have known this for years, and I don't see it as coincidence or something Bono fucked up. I think he's much smarter than that. Why do they bring fans into their studio and play songs for them? There has to be some strategy behind all that.

Music has been leaking from that beach for 8 years now. The band knows. They get it, and they don't care.

The media makes it out to be a mass leak, and that copies of these shit quality leaks have been distributed worldwide in the mail.

Fact of the matter is that only diehard U2 fans have heard these. Your "average" U2 fan, who likes the music and the band but not enough to discuss it daily online (like us), hasn't heard these.

It's obvious from the hot press article that U2 are well aware of the clips and have heard them and don't give a shit. The media is just desparate because they are not getting any official press. U2 is one of the most media savy bands out there. They know full well how to generate interest and they are doing a fantastic job right now of building anticiapation for the new album. By the time they release the single the press will be slavering outside their door guaranteeing maximum press coverage for very little if any actual costs. Great strategy.

Dana

:up:
The old good guy bad guy scenario started awhile back. Paul Mc and all his hype about downloading illegal music - Bono responding with an article about Radiohead being brave.
It's the big bad manager/record company against the bumbling artist.

Brilliant!! because you know, people (that dont know better) fall for it.
happens in elections too..:wink:

I totally agree with you. I saw this on a news station this morning, I could only think of, this is such old news and goes on all the time. I think it would be ironic if none of the songs that were mentioned were on the new albulm.:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom