A Sort of Homecoming w David Letterman - Disney+

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I have a confession to make. I've attempted to watch the doc twice but fell asleep around the 30-minute mark. Now, granted I was in a very comfortable position on my bed when I was watching it, so I was prone to nodding off. But, when I watch it again, I'll make sure to have some coffee. :wink: I enjoyed what I saw so far. I've always been a Letterman guy, so I dig Dave.

Great documentary. Bono sounding great and enjoyed the performance of Invisible.

Now…let us stream Forty Foot Man, please.

I watched it last night, loved it. Being Irish the whole depiction of Ireland and the way Dave experienced it was very enjoyable for me.

I think I would rather sit in that pub with them and hear them sing than go to a U2 show, and these days of dynamic pricing it might be cheaper to fly there and try to do that.

I also love seeing Edge singing more and just the way he speaks about their music and other subjects. Big fan

I finally caught the whole program. I really enjoyed it! They said that they got Dave because he would take the piss out of U2 and that's exactly what he did. Hoo Hoo ! Who Who! Hilarious! I'm very hopeful for U2's future.

I wonder if the version of EBW from this will get a stand alone release.

I just hope it’s indicative of a sonic curiosity to play with vocal effects that add atmosphere and, at the risk of sounding like Super Hans from Peep Show, a sense of dread.

The vibes from that build up and outro section are straight from the Radiohead playbook and it fucking suits them.

I watched it yesterday and loved it. I have never been a big David Letterman fan but he did a great job. The stripped down interviews were amazing and I learned new things. Really made me want to make a pilgrimage to Dublin.

I thought those ghostly vocal reverberations were perfect for this arrangement - they added a (very) unique atmosphere to the song, without going too far into embellishing it like the strings in the single version did.

I liked the strings at the time, but in retrospect they make the song sound almost... Melodramatic? Like something made for a TV drama. This new version sounds far more eerie, and intimate, which is what the song really needs. It's also pretty bold, it gives me echoes of Radiohead and sigur Ros.

However I think it's so 'unconventional' that I can understand them not being bold enough to put it out as a studio release, even if I think it would've been great.

However I think it's so 'unconventional' that I can understand them not being bold enough to put it out as a studio release, even if I think it would've been great.

Exactly their problem. They kinda went there on LIAWHL at least. More weirdness and boldness from this band please.

Back
Top Bottom