U2 To Sell Five Versions Of New Album - One With Almost $100 List Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool. I'm still not sure if it's worth it...I really want it, but 80 bucks...................dammit.

Hmmm... nice, I would buy it anyway. But this is good news indeed.

Sweet. Btw, on the amazon page, they have a picture of the band, and I'd just like to say that if THAT is the album cover -- which it probably/hopefully isn't -- then I am going to be irate. lol

Sweet. Btw, on the amazon page, they have a picture of the band, and I'd just like to say that if THAT is the album cover -- which it probably/hopefully isn't -- then I am going to be irate. lol

I agree; I hope that's not the album cover. But could that be what the poster looks like, maybe?

I would say that I got the Htdaab CD and DVD for about $30.
To get a hardcopy for NLOTH Cd and DVD is $100?

Fuck it, I guess I won't pad Mercury/Universal's pockets then.[/QUOTE]

I liked the HTDAAB CD and DVD combo when it came out. The DVD was interesting because it documented the making of the album and had some live tracks on it. I didn't mind paying I think it was $20-25 for it. I think it was a good deal. I do think it is quite expensive to charge $100 for a CD, hardcover book and a DVD. I think I will buy the $50 CD magazine combo this time around and get the download of the movie. I really was looking forward to buying whatever deluxe edition of NLOTH would be coming out, it's just too expensive.

Still much more expensive than in Europe, with prices varying between ca. 42 an 59 euro's.

^ yeah,

~ 50 USD or 38 EUR for box version
~ 34 USD or 25,60 EUR for mazine version
~ 20 USD or 14,63 EUR for digipack
~ 9 USD or 6,83 EUR for regular CD

...in Poland at least, and I'm sure the price will drop in US too

Still much more expensive than in Europe, with prices varying between ca. 42 an 59 euro's.

If you buy off amazon.co.uk you can get the most expensive one for £45, 50 euro which is pretty much inline with (lower I think actually) the US price being $66

The weird thing is it had gone down, then it went back up to the $90's and now it's gone down again.

The boxset is like the stock market. :wink:

:lol:

I cancelled my first order and placed another one - $66.49. Definitely worth it, IMHO. $96 was a stretch, but I feel a lot better now...

I'm not sure about this, but if the price is lowered, doesn't amazon credit money back. I remember something about people getting 2 or 3 cents back, because the Joshua Tree box set got slightly cheaper. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Yeah, if you preorder from Amazon you get the lowest posted price.

yeah, when I read this a few days ago on the Amazon website, I think it stated that you may order now but you would pay the lowest price between that time (you ordered) and the end of day of the release....i guess it's to avoid people ordering/cancelling/reordering all the time until the release...So if you are ok with the price you are seeing now, it can only be better and you don't have to do anything about it.

According to my supplier's website, the expensive deluxe version has a list price of $95.97. If you are seeing it in the $60-70 range, that's a good price. My wholesale price that first week usually ends up being more than the Best Buy & Amazon one :cracked:

\random, as I don't really follow this thread

ETA: The vinyl has a list price of $19.98. If you see the LP is the $12-13 range, that's a steal!

I'm sure that price will fluctuate. And don't they have that guarantee if the price drops from the time you order til the time they ship, they give you the lower one?

Does anyone know if albums ever get sent early if theyre pre-ordered? I know its sometimes the case with video games, Gears of War 2 for example was recieved by many days before the official release date.

Only last time I preordered HTDAAB and it took weeks, so I ended up buying it from a shop anyway. :|

Does anyone know if albums ever get sent early if theyre pre-ordered? I know its sometimes the case with video games, Gears of War 2 for example was recieved by many days before the official release date.

Only last time I preordered HTDAAB and it took weeks, so I ended up buying it from a shop anyway. :|

Back
Top Bottom