New subscribers gift for 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CDs are beyond defunct. Vinyl is the only relevant physical format. At least provide an option (hell, I’d buy it).

On a side note, anyone notice the Wild Horses from this show is one of the worst examples of the deteriorating “Bono-gasm” trend. Guy sure loooooves singing...

Well, I can't play vinyl in my car, so if I want to listen to a high-quality format while driving, CDs are most certainly still relevant.

Why couldn’t this show be implanted into us as a chip with each COVID-19 vaccine shot?

Failed opportunity on G-Oseary’s part.

CDs are beyond defunct. Vinyl is the only relevant physical format. At least provide an option (hell, I’d buy it).

On a side note, anyone notice the Wild Horses from this show is one of the worst examples of the deteriorating “Bono-gasm” trend. Guy sure loooooves singing...

Cd's are definately not beyond defunct. High defination dts 5.2 multichannel are much better soundquality than vinyl. The problem is that it's not promoted the right way. Streaming means being dependant on what's provided by the record company, so concerts/music can be deleted whenever they want. Streaming audio/video quality is still not as good as bluray/cd. Lot of great artists are releasing in a lot of formats, that's great. You should listen to the 5.1 Steve Wilson mixes for Tears for Fears, Simple Minds or Ultravox.

Don't get me wrong, vinyl is great, but much more a hype, though artwork is superb. I don't play them, I hate that cracking sound, I've waved that goodbye in the mid 80's. It's the artwork why I buy vinyl, just a collecting thing.

Well, I can't play vinyl in my car, so if I want to listen to a high-quality format while driving, CDs are most certainly still relevant.

My car doesn’t even have a CD player any more. It has a USB input and Apple play so I can play 1000s of hi res and lossless files if I want quality.

Cd's are definately not beyond defunct. High defination dts 5.2 multichannel are much better soundquality than vinyl. The problem is that it's not promoted the right way. Streaming means being dependant on what's provided by the record company, so concerts/music can be deleted whenever they want. Streaming audio/video quality is still not as good as bluray/cd. Lot of great artists are releasing in a lot of formats, that's great. You should listen to the 5.1 Steve Wilson mixes for Tears for Fears, Simple Minds or Ultravox.

Don't get me wrong, vinyl is great, but much more a hype, though artwork is superb. I don't play them, I hate that cracking sound, I've waved that goodbye in the mid 80's. It's the artwork why I buy vinyl, just a collecting thing.

Wait - cds can play “dts 5.2 multi channel”?

My comment was a joking reference to ending up with this after the last tour:
IMG_8909.JPG

But otherwise, no, I don’t buy CDs. I mostly buy vinyl (that occasionally comes with a CD) and occasional specific albums that benefit from speciality formats (BD, SACD, DVD-A, SHM; yes, I realize I am a nerd). It’s been a lot easier to enjoy all those formats over the past year not having to be in an office 5x/week.

As for the majority of my listening? The combination of easiest, most portable and best quality format is digital. Amazon Music UHD supports up to 24/192. This is better than CD quality; a digital equivalent of full-res analog sound. The stereo mixes included on BD releases are of the same quality.

The first three tracks are now available for download if you're a U2.com subscriber on the Account Info page. These tracks are I Will Follow, The Electric Co. and Out Of Control.

The next batch of 3 songs (Red Flag Day, Angel Of Harlem and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses) are now available officially on the Account Info page.

I never understood why people are always in such a hurry to hear advance single tracks. Just give me the whole show so I can hear them in context.

:shrug:

I never understood why people are always in such a hurry to hear advance single tracks. Just give me the whole show so I can hear them in context.

:shrug:

Yeah agreed. And same with U2.com. Just release the whole thing already.

Mask up ye people, there’s variants
Come on ye people
Mask up and spread out for your lungs

Breathe (Moderna Mix)
Coughing Up Your Lungs
Two Shots of Pfizer, One Shot of Sad
Vax Pass Day
If You Wear That Velvet Mask

Back
Top Bottom