New subscribers gift for 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like they are finally shipping the Apollo CD's and added some bonus goodies (probably cause they are so damn late)

Dear Sap who pays for our service,

Good news! This week, we're dispatching the double-CD set of 'U2 Live at the Apollo' as broadcast on Sirius XM to everyone who’s subscribed for 2021.

And if you haven’t, you can resubscribe now to claim your exclusive copy!

Rolling Stone described U2’s performance at Harlem’s historic Apollo Theater as “a supremely rare opportunity to see the group in an intimate setting minus their usual bells and whistles …

"U2 were clearly determined," they said, "to make this gig a one-time-only gift to the fans."

The double CD includes the stunning four-song surprise appearance by the Sun Ra Arkestra horn section (see full track listing below).

We’re also sending subscribers a photo book which captures the unique atmosphere of the night, along with a specially designed cloth face covering and five commemorative cards.

And you can now download three more tracks from the show immediately - 'Vertigo', 'Desire' and 'Love is Bigger' - along with the six we’ve already made available - 'All Because Of You', 'Red Flag Day', 'Angel of Harlem', 'Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of', 'The Electric Co.' and 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses'.

Thanks, as ever, for your support. If you’ve subscribed, your gift package will be dispatched this week, and will be with you as soon as the post, and customs clearance, allows.

And if you haven’t, resubscribe now !

Best wishes

The U2.com Team

The 'photo book' has always been a part of the deal as well. Like last year's gift, the DVD, it means that the packaging is a bit more than just a slipcase for the CDs. It won't be like From The Ground Up from many years ago.
large.jpg

It might be just a mock-up, but this one suggests that it's a 16-page booklet, including the cover and space to house the CDs.

Still, I'm happy to receive it, look forward to listening to the full show. And despite all the bitching about being late they're still a lot faster than some other fanclubs (cough, looking at you Pearl Jam... cough).

Guess I didn't look closely at what was included.
So no bonus goodies, unless like me you didn't realize they were part of the package. :wink:

What you haven't received your 2017 & 2018 fan club singles either?
(Ten Club definitely outgrew its infrastructure and failed to properly adapt)

They're probably already planning for a 10-year anniversary deluxe edition. Which no one will receive.

I received mine today. I like that the mask design looks like a claddagh, but it's crap quality. I know, who cares about the mask.

Long day so I haven't even looked at the rest of it.

I like the packaging and this was a good show I’m happy tonhave.

But honestly no idea what to do with a CD.

The mask probably guarantees Delta

I have a Bose Wave radio with CD player, I love it. I don't buy CDs other than something special. Like the new Tony Bennett Lady Gaga album, I preordered that on CD.

Still have a CD player in my car (was surprised it was there when I bought the car), so I have the disc in the car, still shrink wrapped.

How’s that chintzy mask?

it might as well go on the bookshelf.

it's just annoying. i mean just put u2 on it or some simple design. i don't need a heart and crown bono drawing on my face.

how hard is it to design shit that people would wear? between the tour shirts and now this... ugh.

pearl jam did a mask bundle. i happily paid for it. nice, understated design and quality build. the space needle logo is the best.

a7cdb219233bf1be29d7599499699a70_1200x1200.jpg

this shit is terribly designed and poorly made. it looks like something an agency just tossed together for them vs. something that any thought or care was actually put into.

I was a diehard CD collector for years...today I have so many streaming services it's kind of a moot point. However, I do like the booklets and pics and other goodies, so that's something. Been listening to a lot of U2X radio so excited to get this show!

Got mine today. No CD player here either, but I appreciate having the item to rip into MP3/FLAC, and so forth.

Any ideas on how the sound quality compares to the SiriusXM rip that was floating around awhile ago? I notice Adam is nice and loud on IWF so far, but I haven't heard the other one in awhile.

Ridiculous that they send this shit out to members and I still can't watch ZooTV Sydney in 4k. U2's live catalog has very limited representation in high quality formats, so if they're really running out of things to give hardcore fans, that would be a good place to start.

Last edited:
When it comes to releases etc they are pathetic, especially in this age!

I agree on this one. Release strategy of many bands are a LOT better. Stones fans get regular releases of concerts on different kinds of media. Don't know why the band doesn't release things more often. The delays of the JT30 movie are just ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom