U2 To Sell Five Versions Of New Album - One With Almost $100 List Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I've mentioned before, it would be nice if they released one of the versions in a form compatible with the deluxe remasters.

Has anyone batted around the idea of 5.1 surround? I mean, if U2 are trying to provide some value-added stuff for the extra cash, it would seem natural to juice the sound, especially with the deluxe video edition.

Amazon sent me an e-mail today telling me that the box set has become cheapter. :D I guess it will become even cheaper in the next couple of weeks. In the end I don't think the price for this edition is too high.

Amazon sent me an e-mail today telling me that the box set has become cheapter. :D I guess it will become even cheaper in the next couple of weeks. In the end I don't think the price for this edition is too high.

Ah, but don't you have to wait until you get it to pass judgment?

This is interference! Judgement is passed on song titles, for goodness' sakes...

I know :wink: I was being sarcastic/insincere because I have been accused for doing the same thing multiple times (and by that very poster).

I know :wink: I was being sarcastic/insincere because I have been accused for doing the same thing multiple times (and by that very poster).

Very true.

The album is coming out on March 2nd. I don't like that date. It's the day that in 1925 the first formal highway system was implemented in the United States. Therefore the album will suck.

:wink:

Errr, what exactly in my post was judgemental? :uhoh:

I meant that you must wait until you have the product to know if it was worth a certain price--or at least wait until you know precisely what it contains. But I wasn't really being serious anyway.

I meant that you must wait until you have the product to know if it was worth a certain price--or at least wait until you know precisely what it contains. But I wasn't really being serious anyway.

I suspected that you're not THAT serious. :sexywink:

I just meant for a box set with those contents the prize doesn't seem to high for me.

Quality-wise, of course, I cannot tell now.

Hell....if I'm paying anything above $15 for a U2 CD then it either better come with a bonus CD/DVD or have Adam Clayton coming to my house to mix me some Green Tea the old fashioned way.

People act like 100 dollars is a lot of money. Really its not a lot of money and nobody is forcing you to buy the 100 dollar version if you dont want it.

I remember when the Popmart Tour first came out people were complaining about a 45 dollar ticket price...in the end if you want something special you pay for it...if you dont you dont have to, that is your choice.

Im sure U2 and the label wouldnt turn down your 12 dollars for the normal CD.

If you buy 2-3 cases of beer you can spend in excess of 100 dollars. With this collection instead of getting 2 days enjoyment out of it you may be getting 2-3 years or longer if you really enjoy the album.

I have no problem with them releasing the material in different formats, nobody says you have to have them all...and if you do again that is your choice nobody elses.

People act like 100 dollars is a lot of money. Really its not a lot of money and nobody is forcing you to buy the 100 dollar version if you dont want it.

I remember when the Popmart Tour first came out people were complaining about a 45 dollar ticket price...in the end if you want something special you pay for it...if you dont you dont have to, that is your choice.

Im sure U2 and the label wouldnt turn down your 12 dollars for the normal CD.

If you buy 2-3 cases of beer you can spend in excess of 100 dollars. With this collection instead of getting 2 days enjoyment out of it you may be getting 2-3 years or longer if you really enjoy the album.

I have no problem with them releasing the material in different formats, nobody says you have to have them all...and if you do again that is your choice nobody elses.

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
Date: 1550
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm
example: Hell....if I'm paying anything above $15 for a U2 CD then it either better come with a bonus CD/DVD or have Adam Clayton coming to my house to mix me some Green Tea the old fashioned way.

Unfortunatly it is quite difficult to express sarcasm in an online forum if that was what it was meant to be :)

I suspected that you're not THAT serious. :sexywink:

I just meant for a box set with those contents the prize doesn't seem to high for me.

Quality-wise, of course, I cannot tell now.

I completely agree. U2 only releases an album every 4+ years now, so spending $60-ish is fine with me.

lol. I don't have a problem with the $100 price tag and agree that no one is forcing anyone to get the $100 package but to make a blanket statement that a $100 isn't really a lot of money is kind of ridiculous. It really just depends on a person's situation. :shrug: And I don't know where you shop but I have never come close to spending $100 on 3 cases of beer. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom