U2 rehearsals in Turin Part IV: The plot thickens...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'm not very knowledgeable at all about U2's tour rehearsal patterns, but doesn't that seem like a very low amount of songs to be running through? Or do they usually just do a handful of songs every day?

Yesterday they did a few then took a break then did about a half a show's worth. My guess is in about 30 minutes we will get some more reports.

Thanks. I'm not very knowledgeable at all about U2's tour rehearsal patterns, but doesn't that seem like a very low amount of songs to be running through? Or do they usually just do a handful of songs every day?

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a near-full rehearsal starting in a few minutes, or at least tomorrow.

There needs to be an ebb and flow though.. otherwise the audience will blow their load in the first 30 mins. That's where songs like RTSS, Miss S, Sometimes, One etc come in and U2 are uniquely good at that, in a way that only really works when you are there I find (i.e. not on DVD). And a big singalong early (like Angel Of Harlem in Dublin last year) is always a winner.. but I'm with you big and bold outdoors is best... It's almost a shame they did Zoo Station / Fly on the last tour that could be pretty twisted in 360.

Oh and ditch Walk On and I'll be v v happy.

I totally agree, I just think U2 were too scared or something. Why would you play this:

Beautiful Day,
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Stand By Me,
Stuck In A Moment,
No Line On The Horizon,
Elevation,
In A Little While

Too many peaks n valley's in that portion of the set.

Then hearing Walk On, Desmond Tutu, One is just too much for the audience to digest and seems forced.

They'll get it right :up:

yesterday they rehearsed the beginning of what looked like a proper setlist but had to stop due to the curfew. That afternoon they had also rehearsed a few songs like today. Doesnt' seem to be a setlist, just songs they want to rehearse I guess. I expect another setlist rehearsal tonight.

Darkness is setting in. I expect them to be on stage within an hour, like yesterday.

U2place - I testi delle due nuove canzoni provate ieri a Torino! - Le notizie in italiano sugli U2

They figured out a bit of the lyrics AND assume the slow song is For Your Love/ NORTH STAR. Interesting..

Can't seem to copy from that site, but the last verse of the slow song is:

Take me to your body
Show me that you want it
You want it
You got it
You want it
Child

I predict major swooning from the female members (and some males too, probably) of the crowd. :shifty:

Take me to your body
Show me that you want it
You want it
You got it
You want it
Child

I predict major swooning from the female members (and some males too, probably) of the crowd. :shifty:

I can't either, you probably need firefox for that.

Well, if he insists... :shifty:

Take me to your body
Show me that you want it
You want it
You got it
You want it
Child

:drool: I can't wait to see/hear the other verses. :shifty:

I was just wondering if it would be 10 pages of brownies and drink pictures, and maybe one post about what U2 is actually playing during the actual concerts.

If it is, I might just have to wait and read the report later.

Sorry, y'all.

/massive party pooper, not like she'd be missed :wink:

it's about 70 pages of brownies, drinks and whatever pepokiss made for lunch that day.

then there are 176 people posting the same twitter pics

then as soon as the current song is played, 100 people post the name of that song.

then there are 240 posts from people asking if there's a stream
followed by 168 people posting the link of the stream

then if the stream goes down, watch out. because 942 people will post profanities

good times

it's about 70 pages of brownies, drinks and whatever pepokiss made for lunch that day.

then as soon as the current song is played, 100 people post the name of that song.

then if the stream goes down, watch out. because 942 people will post profanities

good times

You totally forgot Charlie.:|

good times

That sounds about right.

You are wrong.Take it back.

:sad:

I :heart: your sig.

good times

I can't wait! :hyper:

Take me to your body
Show me that you want it
You want it
You got it
You want it
Child

Brb spontaneous combustion.

You forgot the 250 people bitching about how bad the audio quality is too. IE, Bono sounds like he is underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom