U2 rehearsals in Torino part VI: Full aug 3 update + aug 4 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now UV is rehearsed... WHAT IS LEFT TO BITCH ABOUT? :panic:

Plenty :grumpy:

Please don't give them ideas :wink:

Interesting to see UV return. No need for Bono to swing on that mic to make the song work live. He should NEVER NEVER swing from that mic again, he could do all kinds of movements, but that swinging is very bad for his back. I'm curious if UV will really be played and we'll see an extended encore.

Crazy with Discoteque remixed sounds interesting. I'm not a fan of Discoteque and I assume the audience will be more confused than anything, but it's still an interesting combination and I'm looking forward to it :up:

Also, Miss Sarajevo :heart: I'm sure they'll keep it for at last a couple of shows, Bono loves the song.

Now U2, bring NLOTH and SOON back! :wink:

We'll have a great show tomorrow in Torino, it's good to hear and see the band back in good spirits. Everyone enjoy the setlist party and don't whine too much about stuff you cannot change anyway :wave:

[...] don't whine too much about stuff you cannot change anyway :wave:

WhenPigsFly.jpg

You know what needs to stop dying? Twitter. If it's down tomorrow like it's been down today, well ...!

For those who've been following the daily U2gigs rehearsal summaries, today's is now up: U2's Turin rehearsals, Thursday 05/08 - U2gigs.com

And psst ... The most evil U2 setlist article ever written - U2gigs.com

Thanks Ax, for a change I'm in need for an update! :lol:

Not sure if I'm around to start the new thread tomorrow as you guys will probably go through this one when I'm asleep. Feel free to make a new one, but please quote the first post of this thread, so the first post of the new thread will be another update post.

So now UV is rehearsed... WHAT IS LEFT TO BITCH ABOUT? :panic:

Sorry guys, I was off all night playing Band Hero and GH5 with a friend. He brought his band set over for my party tomorrow. :D I like the drums a lot.

I hate the drums, because if you play the real thing. It doesn't make sense, untill you play on Expert mode, which comes closest to common sense.

They all can sleep safely now that UV has been rehearsed.

Now wondering if the bling bling segway arrived on time for that part of the show.

I'm gonna be so pissed tommorow night.:angry: missing everything.

I love NLOTH, but if they want to drop it, I could deal. If they get rid of the new slow song, however, I will not be happy. The vocal harmonies near the end are absolutely brilliant. :drool:

Didn't see this when I skimmed to catch up. For you non-twitter people, first this:

atu2

Esoteric email says that fans outside Olympic Stadium may be in for a treat. ?? Tonight? Tomorrow? No clue. #u2mystery

Then this:

atu2

Esoteric email update: Tonight. (Think: March 27, 1992. See U2-A DIary or U2 Live: A Concert Documentary for further hint.)

I thought I guessed it from the context and date, and a quick check of u2gigs proved me right:

This show goes down in U2 folklore as the "pizzas for everybody" concert. When Bono is doing his usual channel-hopping before Even Better Than The Real Thing, he comes across an ad for Speedy Pizza and decides to call them and order 10,000 pizzas live from the stage. During the break between the main set and encore, a cart containing 100 boxes of pepperoni pizza are wheeled on stage and the boxes are thrown to the audience.

How awesome, hope it happens! :)

If it happens , there is no one that can deny how awesome u2 is. I mean... Hello? free pizza for the second time :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom