Johannesburg Setlist Party 13-02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would be really cool if the choir came on stage to do Amazing Grace and Streets. :up: Much better than the studio mashup with Rose Bowl streets. Put THAT on Duals instead!

Would be really cool if the choir came on stage to do Amazing Grace and Streets. :up: Much better than the studio mashup with Rose Bowl streets. Put THAT on Duals instead!

:up:

... AND I love that little clip of Magnificent on youtube. Would be nice to have the whole song :drool:

Well guys, it was fun. Good to see the first Setlist party of the year was at least a little crowded. :D though it went down after song #11 made its appearance. Ah well, here's a recap of the setlist.

Tonight's Setlist 13 february 2011 Johannesburg:

00. Intro: Get On Your Boots Soweto Gospel Choir remix (PA)
01. Beautiful Day
02. I Will Follow
03. Get On Your Boots
04. Magnificent
05. Mysterious Ways
06. Elevation
07. Until The End Of The World
08. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For with Trumpet player Hugh Masekela
09. North Star (Bono/Edge only)
10. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
<Nelson Mandela Speech>
11. In A Little While
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. City of Blinding Lights
14. Vertigo
15. I’ll Go Crazy if I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday (featuring images of Tunisia and Egypt on screen)
17. Walk On / You’ll Never Walk Alone(Snippet)

<Desmond Tutu Speech>
18. One
19. Amazing Grace(Snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore:
20. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
21. With Or Without You
22. Moment Of Surrender

Yeah, time for bed, way past my bedtime, work tomorrow! Good night all!:wave: One last pic...

240992315.jpg

This is a shit list.... needs more of mix. I hope that IF the new albums comes out, they add new stuff AND since the 20th anniversary of AB is around the corner... that they add some rare stuff that has not been played in a LOOOONNG time. Just my opinion...

Good show, I liked the intro remix for Boots. Sad that both MLK and Scarlet are gone now? Oh well.

North Star MUST be a lock for the next album. I don't think it would still be in the set for this long if it wasn't.

Will be interesting to see a clip of North Star on youtube even if it's not full band. If it's on the new album, they may have changed something.

omg, IS that a necklace? I thought the pic from the show was this t-shirt collar or something... *needz close-up of the little banger*

:grumpy: Damn - I missed it. I can't be too upset though, since I understand there wasn't any audio. And I'll catch the next one, anyway. :up:

By the way, CK.... thanks for tracking down Ellie since I wasn't here to post her. :applaud:
:giggle:

By the way, some people here mentioned, maybe they'll play... insert song here... tomorrow, a few times, but there is no show until Friday!

I am happy the boys are on stage again. I am troubled they are playing the same set yet again. What a shame. Hope they mix it up, their catalog is amazing. It doesn't have to be different every night, but jeepers, not the same as the past two years, minus the good songs.

If they come here and start with BD, I will personally go up on stage and kick Bono's ass :angry:

The perfect place and time to play FEZ/BB and they just screw it up... :sigh:

BD keeps the crowd going though, therefore it's a great start to the show.

Fez/BB - can they even pull that one off live? :|

Back
Top Bottom