Vancouver Setlist Party (OPENING NIGHT!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The TJT30 Tour turns out to be the best thing that could happen to the band.... and the fans. Also in regards to new music. Let it slowly grow on the people being at the concerts. Let the fans talk about it/share it on different kinds of social media. Play it EVERY night ..... TLTTGYA (ouch) has the DNA for a strong strong U2 Song.

The eenie meenie snippet on exit might be my favourite snippet ever

I was hoping Bono would hold a bat and smash someone's head

The new song seems ok. Very stripped down and decent little solo at the end by Edge.

If it's the lead single I'm just happy they're going away from the RAWK start.

So after hearing so much about how relevant and urgent the songs on JT are now, any reports on how political the show was? Any comments from Bono, or changed lyrics, or video, reflecting the US political situation or the new rise of populism? Or even overt references to Trump?

The set list and stage look fantastic, and I'm more excited for this show than I have been a U2 show in years. Best decision U2 has made in a long, long time.

"Poverty is sexist" or something like that appeared during the show, right? I feel like ONE campaign is saying similar thin recently

So after hearing so much about how relevant and urgent the songs on JT are now, any reports on how political the show was? Any comments from Bono, or changed lyrics, or video, reflecting the US political situation or the new rise of populism? Or even overt references to Trump?

The set list and stage look fantastic, and I'm more excited for this show than I have been a U2 show in years. Best decision U2 has made in a long, long time.

I didn't see any yet but I heard that were moments of Bono having a red hot go at Trump :heart:

I was hoping Bono would hold a bat and smash someone's head

The new song seems ok. Very stripped down and decent little solo at the end by Edge.

If it's the lead single I'm just happy they're going away from the RAWK start.
Yeah, the new song seems to have some substance to it. Really want to hear a studio version of it, but I gues that's a bit further down the road.

Just happy that SOE is important enough in their minds to pick a song from it as a show closer.

Watching these u2gigs (thank you so much) videos, I'd pick Exit and TTYW as the highlights.

On the other hand, how they can sit down and decide to do WOWY without the 'We'll shine like stars' outro is beyond me.

Last edited:
Yeah, the new song seems to have some substance to it. Really want to hear a studio version of it, but I gues that's a bit further down the road.

Just happy that SOE is important enough in their minds to pick a song from it as a show closer.

Watching these u2gigs (thank you so much) videos, I'd pick Exit and TTYW as the highlights.

On the other hand, how they can sit down and decide to do WOWY without the 'We'll shine like stars' outro is beyond me.
What time did the house lights go on?

Just watched the Exit performance and there are some there for sure.

The beginning of Streets from inside and from outside (during rehearsals) all the colour comes entirely from the video screen

IMG_2636.jpg

BTW had a great time once I got inside. GA line was a gong show. I ended up on the rail (of the red zone) left of the b stage.

I still can't believe the did they first 5 songs on the b stage

IMG_2635.jpg

The "trump movie" is absolutely hilarious.

And that's it, 1 hour and 57 minutes after it started. Not bad for an opening night! Looking forward to the rest of the tour...

BC Place - Vancouver, BC - May 12, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - A Sort of Homecoming
04 - MLK
05 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
06 - Where the Streets Have No Name
07 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08 - With or Without You
09 - Bullet the Blue Sky
10 - Running to Stand Still
11 - Red Hill Mining Town
12 - In God's Country
13 - Trip Through Your Wires
14 - One Tree Hill
15 - Exit
16 - Mothers of the Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencera (snippet)
---------- BREAK ----------
17 - Beautiful Day
18 - Elevation
19 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
20 - One
21 - Miss Sarajevo
22 - The Little Things That Give You Away

I think there was something at the end of exit snippetwise. I have no idea what it was but Bono sang lyrics "eeny meeny miney mo"

There was also the "trump movie"

Last edited:
playing armchair setlist QB, the only song that sticks out to me as needing to go/significantly change is Miss Sarajevo. maybe being there will be different, but with the canned opera part, it didn't do much for me.

Just watched the clip of Exit, and wow that Trump movie was totally unexpected and hilarious and awesome. Great way to modernize the song.

Back
Top Bottom