Sphere Show #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They can also do it by eras. One night Boy/October/War or The Unforgettable Fire/The Joshua Tree and so on. Can’t imagine Gloria in a semi-acoustic arrangement (surprise me), but who knows what else they have up their sleeves.

I wasn't at the show, so take this with a grain of salt, but I still think they should have a couple of catwalks, or one out to another small satellite stage. The turntable is cool, but not letting them get out closer to the fans seemed to result in a bit more subdued Bono. He needs to get that connection to do his Bono thing.

Bono had to stop Bram at the end of with or without you, my hope is Bram wanted the “shine like stars” or just extended outtro, just too into it to quit! Haha.

I wasn't at the show, so take this with a grain of salt, but I still think they should have a couple of catwalks, or one out to another small satellite stage. The turntable is cool, but not letting them get out closer to the fans seemed to result in a bit more subdued Bono. He needs to get that connection to do his Bono thing.
There's just not enough room. The floor is very small.

I heard Bram didn't want to do Pride -- and I assume Sunday Bloody Sunday in that mix of songs that Larry plays in his own way that other drummers would be like WTF is this???

So Pride into Streets is the goal right?

Or Please into Streets, or IYWTVD into Streets. There are lots of transitions which work.

Here's a good multi-cam video of Zoo Station. I'm in LOVE with the twirling mic stand!:drool:

https://youtu.be/k-HNlTLWkxk?si=hzUMMjMpSiooLDvM

Looks awesome. There will be some phenomenal multi out of this. Everyone is filming and the audio is incredible.

Shame the editor didn’t really focus on the shock value of the screen - the drums and guitar breaking down the wall behind them.

C43A4DB5-FBDC-4578-9C04-91D19AA7A9B7.jpg

Can’t say enough how impressive the venue is. You’ll all see fantastic pictures better than I can take so I’m showing perhaps something you won’t see posted much instead!

I was debating about going cold turkey until I see it live, but that was going to impossible with the previews on Today, CBS, and all the pre interviews/articles all over the web ofcourse and Gavin’s previews on u2xradio. Was up till 2am watching it and then downloaded a rip this morning and got to listen to it driving around all day. The sound is perfect compared to regular recordings and I know some people who weren’t even freaking there were complaining about after the encore and not showing animation on the screen enough overall, but as usual this is meant to be an overall large story with a flow to it and it was brilliant. Looking forward to see what 4 rotation songs I get in the middle and hoping for something from Pop or Zooropa. And don’t forget the incredible snippets we got. Sure I miss war horses like SBS and IWF and others that could have been lead ins to AB staffing, but they really don’t fit into this type of set list.

So many people with the cell phones..... what à waste :doh:

No kidding, such a catch 22 since we need to see it if we are not there, but it does lead to situations where the crowd is not as into it like they should be with all the movement, but at that steepness at Sphere you don’t want people moving around too much. :)

23. Daddy's Gonna Pay (with videos of influencers, which the song was 30+ years ahead of mocking)
24. Numb (Sphere screen overload)
25. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) [preceeded by speech about creation of album; full band]
26. Lemon ("midnight is where the day..." leads into intro of)
27. Zooropa

now that's how to send people home. but of course, we aren't the creative directors unfortunately
Whats hilarous is people whining about hits in the setlist are now suddenly defending lazy choices.
AB b -sides, Zooropa, Pop...so many options. Same goes for JT30 encore...Jt b sides, RaH tunes.

This is all about specific albums so the encore should comply. This isnt a gig for the casuals. Not sure a small stage with no catwalk needs an acoustic section but ok. Whats wrong with a full.band set without the "unplugged' section?

But suure, lets drop Elevaton , BD , Vertigo for a millionth time. Lets drop 90 and 00 songs in a 80s loaded.setlist. Lets cram 80s.and 00s songs in a 90s night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom