u2 play 3Arena in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 million attempts and 1 missed attempt later and I'm still trying. God I hate this ticketmaster site, Dutch version is infinitely better. One queue, once youre in you can easily search for tickets. Here it is one queue, which ended like 5 past 10, so almost everything was already gone, then when you look for tickets you can only look for one type of ticket and join a queue for that. I wonder how many tickets I have missed this way

Got 2 mega expensive seats on the saturday,and made the mistake of paying insurance on them but was too scared to go back and cancel it. Fingers crossed ticketmaster don`t cancel my bookings now.......

how come the insurance is a bad thing? or is it just extra money you'd rather not spend?

i thought the 8 euro or whatever wasn't so big a deal since I'll be flying from England, then realised i apparently need to be an Irish resident for it to apply haha

how come the insurance is a bad thing? or is it just extra money you'd rather not spend?

i thought the 8 euro or whatever wasn't so big a deal since I'll be flying from England, then realised i apparently need to be an Irish resident for it to apply haha

Exactly...how many people have they conned and how much money do they make this way?

Does anyone know why tickets in the second tier were "better" (according to Ticketmaster's best available option) and also more expensive than tickets in the closer, yellow tier? Found that a bit odd, but I'm going to trust Ticketmaster's judgment even though when I looked at it last night I was assuming the yellow seating blocks would be far better.

I've never been seated at the O2/3 before, only standing, so perhaps there's a good reason for this that I don't know of? Shouldn't the tickets closer to the stage (and therefore on the lower tier) be the more desirable ones?

Dublin show 4 here we come!!!!!!

I can't believe I just spent a fortune to go there..... only condition was that it had to be the last show, otherwise no! It will be our 10 year anniversary, new baby, and Christmas present.... I needed to see U2 in Dublin once in my life, indoor, last show, what a treat!!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Thinking of getting 2 tickets for Belfast but I bought 2 for Dublin in the presale .
Is that ok I wonder or can I only buy 2 tickets max ?

Had a GA in the basket for 28th and got an error message when changing the country from Ireland. Fuck my luck

Sent from my GT-I9195 using U2 Interference mobile app

Does anyone know why tickets in the second tier were "better" (according to Ticketmaster's best available option) and also more expensive than tickets in the closer, yellow tier? Found that a bit odd, but I'm going to trust Ticketmaster's judgment even though when I looked at it last night I was assuming the yellow seating blocks would be far better.

I've never been seated at the O2/3 before, only standing, so perhaps there's a good reason for this that I don't know of? Shouldn't the tickets closer to the stage (and therefore on the lower tier) be the more desirable ones?

I think the highest rows on the lower tier, and the lowest rows in the higher tier, are the expensive ones. It's true that there are cheaper tickets that will bring you closer to the stage, but to watch the overall show, the higher seats are better 'cause it will give you an excellent view of both stages, catwalk and the amazing screen. I also have the 190 euro tickets on block J, second tier, and I'm sure it will be amazing. And if I look at pics of this arena, I think there are no seats that are "far" from the stage. :)

But it's indeed a little bit confusing how the view will be from certain blocks, because in some blocks there are seats from 33 euro, 76 euro and 101 euro.

Last edited:
Dublin show 4 here we come!!!!!!

I can't believe I just spent a fortune to go there..... only condition was that it had to be the last show, otherwise no! It will be our 10 year anniversary, new baby, and Christmas present.... I needed to see U2 in Dublin once in my life, indoor, last show, what a treat!!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

oh wow, nice! :) enjoy it!! I'll be at that show too, I'm missing quite a big day at work to be there, but fuck it. Like you I was 4th show or bust, it will be incredible!

Seems like most fans fairly easily got tickets. Has demand perhaps not been as high as expected?

Got 2 mega expensive seats on the saturday,and made the mistake of paying insurance on them but was too scared to go back and cancel it. Fingers crossed ticketmaster don`t cancel my bookings now.......

You can call TM and cancel the insurance if you call today. Tell them you didnt notice what it said and ticked it too fast.

Haha, the key in that sentence is MOST :). I wish all those people some amazing nights in November! Guess I'll just wait for SoE now ;)

Same here, hopefully next year on the stadium leg they're going to visit Dublin as well. This time it really isn't possible for me to make it. :(

I was actually surprised how easy it went down. I was able to score GA for two shows, the second one was a bit tougher, but worked out as well in the end. All shows are officially sold out now, but I still see people being able to pull tickets for Belfast and Dublin.

I hadn't even planned on going and since I'm still on holidays I hadn't even been sure if I could try today. I tried only to see if it worked, and it did work. I'm really excited about Dublin and U2, it will be such a party. I hope they bring out some really rare stuff and surprises for their home show. I've been a bit underwhelmed with the first European shows, except the last Amsterdam show which sounded great, but since my life's been a bit of a mess recently, I haven't had time or energy to follow the tour that close. Berlin's next for me, I'm starting to get a bit excited now, but it still feels unreal to me.

I had decided I wasn't going to try, so enjoyed my sleep.

Then woke up to a message from my friend (the one I gave my presale code to) that she scored a second set of tickets to the first two Dublin shows.

:ohmy:

Now I am anxiously awaiting details. I don't want to jinx anything, but ... I may be going?

:ohmy:

:panic:

Okay, I am going to Dublin for the first two shows.

HOLY SHIT, YOU GUYS. I can't believe it.

There's some confusion over ticket limits, it sounds like, so I'm holding off on booking a flight until we're sure her tickets aren't going to get cancelled or anything.

BUT OH MY GOD.

Apparently there was some info that made it sound like two tickets total per billing address for ALL shows, instead of for two tickets each per show ... someone contacted Ticketmaster IE, and here's a summary:

UPDATE that I also posted separately in the group: UPDATE: I called Ticketmaster IE for a second time and asked about the requirement; she verified with her manager that:
-- 2 tickets are allowed in the pre-sale, and 2 tickets in the general sale. (The 4 ticket general sale is from Leg 1.)
-- She told me that although all of my purchases have the same address, I'm "grand" because a couple of the credits cards used were in my name (separate from my Mom's).
-- ****IMPORTANTLY, she said that they're not really checking if you're over by 1 or so; it's for those who are like 10 tickets over.

Confusion with U2 tickets? I am SHOCKED. :wink:

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been discussed but I'm looking more in depth at 3Arena photos - holy crap this GA section is tiny? Do the lower few rows of the lower bowl seats...remove, or anything? I'm looking at this map and wow that isn't much room at all, compared to an American arena, is it?
3Arena Dublin (O2 Arena) - View from Block H - Row 40 - Seat 14, Virtual interactive inside best seats 3d tour

Pics of 3Arena can be confusing because the lower part of the lower bowl can indeed be removed, so on a lot of pics it looks like GA-floor is very very tiny. For the U2-gigs the seats starts at row 21, so the first 20 rows will make place for extra GA-space. But although there is extra space, it still is a tiny GA-floor, especially compared with other European venues.

On this pic you have a good view of how "big" the GA-floor will be:

14398_10153032183434372_5074039676666113725_n.jpg

Okay, I am going to Dublin for the first two shows.

HOLY SHIT, YOU GUYS. I can't believe it.

There's some confusion over ticket limits, it sounds like, so I'm holding off on booking a flight until we're sure her tickets aren't going to get cancelled or anything.

BUT OH MY GOD.

Apparently there was some info that made it sound like two tickets total per billing address for ALL shows, instead of for two tickets each per show ... someone contacted Ticketmaster IE, and here's a summary:

UPDATE that I also posted separately in the group: UPDATE: I called Ticketmaster IE for a second time and asked about the requirement; she verified with her manager that:
-- 2 tickets are allowed in the pre-sale, and 2 tickets in the general sale. (The 4 ticket general sale is from Leg 1.)
-- She told me that although all of my purchases have the same address, I'm "grand" because a couple of the credits cards used were in my name (separate from my Mom's).
-- ****IMPORTANTLY, she said that they're not really checking if you're over by 1 or so; it's for those who are like 10 tickets over.

Confusion with U2 tickets? I am SHOCKED. :wink:

Oh god now I'm all anxious over having all of my tickets cancelled!!! :sad:

Pics of 3Arena can be confusing because the lower part of the lower bowl can indeed be removed, so on a lot of pics it looks like GA-floor is very very tiny. For the U2-gigs the seats starts at row 21, so the first 20 rows will make place for extra GA-space. But although there is extra space, it still is a tiny GA-floor, especially compared with other European venues.

Thanks, this is helpful!

Okay, yeah, that picture makes GA look a LOT bigger. Makes me want to think about swapping for seats.

Way to go, Cori. :applaud: It's nice so many fans got tickets, even if I didn't (all I pulled were some ultra-expensive ones for Belfast but I can't do that).

Going by that photo, I'm glad I sprung for seats!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom