u2 play 3Arena in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After one hour, I get two tickets for Dublin 1, MGZ

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The more I think about it, the more I think that those who have used their presale code again for Dublin won't get tickets. I think they'll be cancelled . Best to get onto the general sale on Monday also.

Last edited:
After I threw in the towel, my friend went for her plan B and got tickets to Belfast. I gave her my unused code, and she pulled 2 GAs for the first two Dublin shows! So happy for her. :)

The more I think about it, the more I think that those who have used their presale code again for Dublin won't get tickets. I think they'll be cancelled . Best to get onto the general sale on Monday also.

I got GAs last year for London and this year for Dublin. The codes were from different subscription years so I`m hoping that is the reason so many of us have had 2 presale codes.

I got GAs last year for London and this year for Dublin. The codes were from different subscription years so I`m hoping that is the reason so many of us have had 2 presale codes.
Yeah, that might be the reason, I think the one I used last year was from 2014, wish I still had the old code to see. It's just strange they'd announce on the website you can only use pre sale codes once on the tour then mess up so badly during the sale without there being repercussions.

we're in! Dublin 2 block J

Same as me, also Dublin 2 block J (row 37)
I was able to buy tickets three times, first two times something went wrong during the ordering proces, third time everything went fine. But everytime it were the expensive (190 euro) tickets in block J. I think all presale tickets were allocated in the same blocks per price range.

On a technically point of view, I don't think it is possible for TicketMaster to cancel tickets that have been bought with a double used code. I think there is no link between the TM-database and the U2.Com-database, the code is programmed to give acces to the TM-presale but once you have acces, it doesn't matter which code you have used. TM will only cancel ticket orders that exceed the ticket limits per household/creditcard

Does anyone know the ticket limits for public sale? Is it 2 as per subscriber?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Does this mean 2tickets to EACH night is allowed on the same TM acct (combining total of any fan club tix AND any public sale tixs)?

Or does this mean, over the entire 4 shows you may only have 2 tickets MaX....so for instance 1 tix to Mon night and 1 tix to tues night- meets your total and prevents any tickets for fri or sat night?

Does this mean 2tickets to EACH night is allowed on the same TM acct (combining total of any fan club tix AND any public sale tixs)?

Or does this mean, over the entire 4 shows you may only have 2 tickets MaX....so for instance 1 tix to Mon night and 1 tix to tues night- meets your total and prevents any tickets for fri or sat night?

TicketMaster hasnt been clear on this one, but for virtually every other onsale Ive ever taken part in, its been 2 tickets per show

I`m going for the general sale to try to get any ticket for the 4th Dublin show. Hell, I`ll even sit on the stage.....:reject:

Wish we had confirmation that it is 2 tickets per show and not 2 in total for the whole tour.

Last edited:
hahaha hooooly shit I just saw some pictures of the inside of the 3arena...this is going to be impossible, how the hell did anyone get tickets for one show, let alone four! Jesus christ...

saw someone on that ticket facebook group say they had yeah, MIGHT have misread their comment in a hurry i just drop in and skim read it from time to time, but the way the presale blew up for a lot of people and not others I wouldn't be surprised.

any word on people getting tickets cancelled/refunded after using old codes?

Last edited:
Well i couldnt buy with my code, i used it during the pre-sale for Stockholm last year. Pretty confusing when people say they scored tickets with the code they used in pre-sale for London etc.

saw someone on that ticket facebook group say they had yeah, MIGHT have misread their comment in a hurry i just drop in and skim read it from time to time, but the way the presale blew up for a lot of people and not others I wouldn't be surprised.

any word on people getting tickets cancelled/refunded after using old codes?
Not heard of any tickets being cancelled yet although they might do in the forthcoming days. As one poster said above, I don't think they know if the code had been used before or not as they sent out emails to people who had already used their codes, I think the code may have just been to get into the actual Ticketmaster site and they don't have a database of who's used theirs or not. They may try to cross reference addresses and credit cards to try and cancel tickets, but who knows. One things for sure, it's been a complete mess.

Surely if they were going to cancel tickets they would let people know before the general sale? They should at least have another shot. It's one thing chancing your arm, not realising the rules, but they shouldn't be closed out all together.

Recall tickets

I don't know if they will recall tickets for Dublin bought with a code already used or not, but I can tell you that my sister was able to purchase tickets more than once with her code and they did recall her tickets that were beyond the two ticket limit. She found out a day or so later, but she was able to get a ticket on her own. This was for a Boston show.

I don't know if they will recall tickets for Dublin bought with a code already used or not, but I can tell you that my sister was able to purchase tickets more than once with her code and they did recall her tickets that were beyond the two ticket limit. She found out a day or so later, but she was able to get a ticket on her own. This was for a Boston show.
Yeah, they might cancel them in the next few days as it's the weekend now. It would be a bit unfair to do it after the general sale though and as they've sent out emails saying people could use them. If you genuinely didn't know and had your tickets cancelled you'd be pretty angry.

Surely if they were going to cancel tickets they would let people know before the general sale? They should at least have another shot. It's one thing chancing your arm, not realising the rules, but they shouldn't be closed out all together.

They can cancel them any time they want, knowing they can resell them in a second. A friend of mine just had Grateful Dead New Years Eve show tickets cancelled a day ago (they were purchased several weeks ago)

You trying? Finally given in? :wink:

Turns out I will actually be around to try. Bricking it. Starts at 6pm Melbourne time so a whole day getting nervous.

Does anyone know if the ticketmaster app is any good by the way? Got two laptops ready to go but wondering if it's worth giving the app a try too

Ticketmaster Ireland has its own app...that google won't let me dl ("not available in your country"). Can't get the US version to select anywhere ~over there~ as a location.

You trying? Finally given in? :wink:

Turns out I will actually be around to try. Bricking it. Starts at 6pm Melbourne time so a whole day getting nervous.

Does anyone know if the ticketmaster app is any good by the way? Got two laptops ready to go but wondering if it's worth giving the app a try too

For what it is worth, I scored a GA for a Los Angeles show using the US version of their app during the public sale well after the ticket sale had started... I want to say the tickets went on sale at 10 my time and at like 10:30 or so after multiple re-freshes (is that a word?) a ticket popped up.

Two laptops and the app are a winner.

Ok, against better judgement I'm trying for Dublin ga. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom