The Official B&C Desert Island VI NSW Memorial Running Diary Thread for the Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it's like someone took a knife baby edgy and dull and dug a six inch valley through the middle of my soul.

I wanna grow...up to be...be a DEBASERRRR!

Everyone likes Debaser. I don't think there's a single living soul that doesn't like Debaser. It's a straight up ass kicking song.

The Format song was fun and catchy. Never heard of it/them before. And this is that Cut Copy band I've been hearing so much about. There's a lot of stuff going on in the song. Not exactly sure what to think just yet.

The Format song was fun and catchy. Never heard of it/them before. And this is that Cut Copy band I've been hearing so much about. There's a lot of stuff going on in the song. Not exactly sure what to think just yet.

So Haunted used to be one of my least favorites from that record, but I've warmed to it. I still think the guitar-heavy feel of the verses works against the band's best qualities, but that chorus/outro is something else. "Fucking fantastic" would be my descriptor, but it's perhaps even a step above that.

Anyway, Ashley's list is great. I've already given her a personal running diary, so I will step out of the thread now.

Yeah, I ended up liking the Cut Copy song a good deal.

This little electro-pop segment of the list is nice. And here comes The Bones of You, which is a pretty wonderful song off of a pretty wonderful album. I have a soft spot for the lyric "Straight to my head like the first cigarette of the day"

Oh, forgot to mention: whenever you get your list uploaded, make sure to send it to me. I want my first running diary to be for yours or LMP's.

Oh, forgot to mention: whenever you get your list uploaded, make sure to send it to me. I want my first running diary to be for yours or LMP's.

Cool. I will do that. I should have it finished tomorrow.

Here are those Fleet Foxes. Probably the big indie stars of 2008, and a band that everyone seems to be loving these days...for good reason. They wrote a bunch of great and memorable songs and are a generally likable young band. I look forward to their next album whenever they decide to put that shit out.

Although, actually...I like Your Protector, but it's not one of my favorite FF songs. They've a good handful of tracks that I prefer. But this still gets the job done.

Dylan is Dylan and Hurricane is Hurricane. Another classic song from a classic artist.

And this is the Ryan Adams that I like. Extra country tinged. I'm really digging this song. Heartbreaker is the RA album that I'm most familiar with but I'm thinking I should give Cold Roses a go 'round.

Nice job using the Jefferson Airplane as an extended intro to Goin to California, which is, in fact, my all-time favorite Led Zeppelin song. As you may have guessed, because I used it on my DI list last time. :D

Oh, holy shit, Ashley! ALRIGHT FOR NOW!

Wow, wow, wow. Such a beautiful song, seriously. Great call using that. I think I actually may have considered using it on my list when I was first thinking it over a while back. High five again.

Honestly, I've heard Fake Plastic Trees so many times in my life, it just doesn't quite have much impact anymore. Still love the song but, yeah...

I'm not too sure about the Barenaked Ladies track but here is Abel, which is easily one of favorite National songs. Notice I've said that a lot of times tonight...you've just picked a lot of great stuff for your list. I really think you've nailed it. And I want to make a Randy Jackson/American Idol reference right now but I don't think anyone would get it. :sad:

Nick Drake...I've always meant to check out his stuff. So much music, so little time.

Wild World. It was on my last DI, so you know how I feel about that. Who'll Stop The Rain, a fitting closer.

Ashley, I absolutely adored this Desert Island play list of yours. For real, I think you did a friggin great job and I had a hell of a good time listening to it and I thank you for making all of our lives just a little bit brighter. It's 4:30 in the morning. I suck at keeping regular sleep patterns. What am I supposed to do now?

Wild World. It was on my last DI, so you know how I feel about that. Who'll Stop The Rain, a fitting closer.

Ashley, I absolutely adored this Desert Island play list of yours. For real, I think you did a friggin great job and I had a hell of a good time listening to it and I thank you for making all of our lives just a little bit brighter. It's 4:30 in the morning. I suck at keeping regular sleep patterns. What am I supposed to do now?

I forgot Wild World was on your last list! :lol:. I knew Going to California was, because, honestly, that was the first time I'd ever heard it :reject: and I fell in love with it.

Man, Gaf, seriously, thanks :lol:. Reading this little running diary of yours was sure a great way to start the day :).

Honestly, I've heard Fake Plastic Trees so many times in my life, it just doesn't quite have much impact anymore. Still love the song but, yeah...

Oh yeah, I was going to comment on this. I realize it's been used a hundred thousand million times, and I will also admit that I am new to Radiohead. I will also admit that The Bends is really all I've liked. And finally I will admit that I really love FTP, and I was adverse to putting it on the list cause it has been used so many times, but in the end, I just went with it because I really do love the song.

The use of Fake Plastic Trees is totally fine and it really worked on your list and, like I said, I love the song too...I think what it was yesterday was that I had heard it a few times very recently (I heard it on the radio a couple hours before listening to your list) so I was maybe just sick of it at the moment. But it's all good.

I think I'm gonna listen to another list tonight! :drool:

I'm starting to panic, I must say, since I only have barely half a list done. :uhoh:

I'm starting to panic because I have finished my list (although there's one segue, at the very least, that is insanely dodgy) but I just know I'm going to have an arse of a time finding all the files and uploading them.

Perhaps I could upload each one one by one! Yes, that would be taking a leaf out of a fine book.

So in putting my list together, I've come up with two. One that is electronic/electro-pop/post-rockish, and another that is just all good, straight rock, both classic and current.

I might go with the first one, although almost all of it is recent and doesn't vary too much, but fuck it, I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom