The Official B&C Desert Island VI NSW Memorial Running Diary Thread for the Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I'm with Screw on this one: YOU RUINED A GREAT THING! You are wrong. Sorry. This is against the spirit of the game. You are blind if you don't see that.

There's NO WAY it'll be accepted. None. It just won't. It can't be. I don't think. Fuck.

I'm on Gump's list right now. I'm enjoying a lot of this, and plenty of it is stuff I haven't heard before. The first half was solid. Some great bands left to go.

Is there any other possibility? There's a DEATH METAL track it. This is truly a once in a lifetime thing.

I'm onto the end of track 2

Track 1: This was disappointing, in that I've heard prog rock that was more over the top than this, it did have its moments though
Track 2: Now this one is interesting, complete over the top metal, that surprisingly wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, the chorus made me laugh though, I have no idea what was going on for 30 minutes of the song though

Gump's list: :up: Quite enjoyable, and a great ending with One Day Like This. It doesn't get much better than that. Was this your first list? I find that hard to believe considering how well done this one was. Great transitions and a lot of good music to be found there.

LM, track 4...is something else

Indeed. I saved all of the wankery for that one track, and kept everything else somewhat listenable. I do hope you listened on headphones, because it's basically worthless otherwise. What did you think of track 3?

Congrats on making it through, just the same. :up: I'm just hoping that this is a list everyone simply HAS to listen to because, seriously, look at it.

I'm very much looking forward to yours LM :lol:

On LMP's third disc nowww

Never cared too much for Pink Floyd, to be honest.
Love the song Caring is Creepy.
The Pavement track was cool, I should listen to them more.
Can't complain about The Beatles.
Is there anyone who doesn't love God Only Knows? I hope not.

Gump's list: :up: Quite enjoyable, and a great ending with One Day Like This. It doesn't get much better than that. Was this your first list? I find that hard to believe considering how well done this one was. Great transitions and a lot of good music to be found there.

Hey, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! Yeah, it was my first list, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Well my list is uploaded. Finishing the paperwork and all that jazz now, I'll send it to everyone who sent me a list, and anyone else who wants it.

Well my list is uploaded. Finishing the paperwork and all that jazz now, I'll send it to everyone who sent me a list, and anyone else who wants it.

Pretty please, can you send it my way? :drool:

Also, I will be listening to a list tonight and doing a running diary for it. Just need to decide which one to do.

Hey yo, Ashley, I'm listening to your list! For reelz. I just started and there is a Cure song playing. Menacing vibe. Cool drums. Bob Smith is telling me that he doesn't care about something.

I've never listened to much Peter Gabriel but that song was cool.

And here we have arrived at the Pet Shop Boyz! PSB are awesome, this is a classic song. Did you know that PSB are friends with Girls Aloud and co-wrote their latest UK Top 10 single? Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. Maybe you don't care.

David Bowie = An artist that I genuinely like and respect a great deal, but also an artist whose catalogue I don't know very well. Never heard this song, but it sounds like he's referencing one of his old hits, which is cool, and it totally fits with the vibe you've got going here so far. I'm dancing in my computer chair. (Not really, but I might as well be)

U2!!!!!!!!!!!

Bono, the Yedge, Adam Claycourt and Larrrrrry! My favorite band in the whole wide world. I'm yourself in someone else? What the hell are you on about, tuf bono?

David Bowie = An artist that I genuinely like and respect a great deal, but also an artist whose catalogue I don't know very well. Never heard this song, but it sounds like he's referencing one of his old hits, which is cool, and it totally fits with the vibe you've got going here so far. I'm dancing in my computer chair. (Not really, but I might as well be)
ooh, which song? :hmm:

Alright, that Great Defector song is a song that I've heard a hundred times but never knew what it was or who it was by. Desert Island is fun AND informative!

Now the Killers. I like the Killers. That synth riff at the start of On Top is wild. And I like all the times that it shows up later in the song, too. Good song.

Not too big on Snow Patrol, the song was nothing offensive, though.

HYSTERIC! I may or may have the acoustic version of this song on my playlist. :shh: :hi5:

Simon and Garfunkel are totally cool. My mom loves them.

Alright, I was drunk dialed by a person I haven't seen in over two years. Strange. But I'm back. Earlier, I hit the beautiful trio of Both Sides Now (which I first heard in Love, Actually :reject:), So Come Back I Am Waiting (epic song), and Skinny Love (my favorite Bon Iver song). So that was very nice. Now I'm on Tiny Dancer. Classic song, of course. Really liking the list so far. :up: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom