Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The system makes you prove your devotion to U2. Who is the biggest fan? devotion. You can preorder the CD of Songs of experience – and to receive it on the day of release. And you are allowed to buy the album 13 times to boost your place in the line. You can buy merchandise from U2.com. If you do not want to spend money, you can get a smaller boost to your position by repeatedly watching her new video, or by posting about U2 on social media.

Its a goddamn nightmare.

Perhaps you should let folks know that you copied and pasted the Taylor Swift Fanscore info then substituted "Songs of Experience" in place of Swift's new album and "U2.com" in place of TaylorSwift.com & "U2" in place of Taylor Swift.
(You did leave "her" in there to make it even less coherent.)

Let's not crucify U2 for something they haven't done (yet).

Perhaps you should let folks know that you copied and pasted the Taylor Swift Fanscore info then substituted "Songs of Experience" in place of Swift's new album and "U2.com" in place of TaylorSwift.com & "U2" in place of Taylor Swift.

Guilty. It was very well explained. Better than I ever could.

As far as something U2 hasn't done yet, I agree. But look, they are updating the terms and conditions on the website, as well as the Ticketmaster integration. Unlikely to be a coincidence.

Ha! Snapped! Like a banana!

As far as something U2 hasn't done yet, I agree. But look, they are updating the terms and conditions on the website, as well as the Ticketmaster integration. Unlikely to be a coincidence.

Yes something is changing, but we don't know what yet.
It may simply be a way to make sure fan club memberships are legit and not multiple memberships bought by scalpers, so until we know more we shouldn't necessarily jump to conclusions. (at least not without a mat)

Yes something is changing, but we don't know what yet.
It may simply be a way to make sure fan club memberships are legit and not multiple memberships bought by scalpers, so until we know more we shouldn't necessarily jump to conclusions. (at least not without a mat)

Hahaha! Well played.

I'm just waiting patiently for SuperYo to pop up with some cool link to a leak of GOOYOW or something. Friday can't come soon enough.

I'm beginning to get antsy, and the bananas sitting in my fruit bowl across the room are starting to taunt me. :|:crack:

giphy.gif

One of my all time favorite gifs, bravo Cori

Color me crazy, but the 'updated' terms and conditions on U2.com virtually confirms it for me. We are in for chaos.:doh:

nBNI1VO.png

""We may offer certain tickets or ticket packages, including presale tickets, as a benefit to fan club members. Depending on your rank based on our FanScore[emoji768] technology, you may not have the same access to presale tickets as other members. "
It'll be okay. Shake it off.

Is this the most good-natured, catastrophe-free pre-album thread in the history of Interference?

I think we're getting old. Mature.

Boring.

I kinda miss 2018

Maybe we'll hear the album announcement on Wednesday as TBT was released on Wednesday. :hmm:

I think we have to wait for the tour to finish before we hear anything.

Maybe we'll hear the album announcement on Wednesday as TBT was released on Wednesday. :hmm:

There were specific radio related reasons for TBT on a Wednesday. Album announcement will probably be on a Friday. We just hope it’s this Friday.

Looks like we will need a new thread before the album info drops...
Or do we wait and start fresh with actual info??

There were specific radio related reasons for TBT on a Wednesday. Album announcement will probably be on a Friday. We just hope it’s this Friday.

Looks like we will need a new thread before the album info drops...
Or do we wait and start fresh with actual info??
If they're releasing a new song with the album announcement... which, come on, why shoot a day of the dead themed video and not have it out in time for the day of the dead?... then the same Wednesday reasoning would apply.

I'm guessing we'll see a Thursday tease and then an album announcement on Friday. Will probably coincide with GOOYOW and maybe a tour tie-in with album sales as has been discussed here before.

If they're releasing a new song with the album announcement... which, come on, why shoot a day of the dead themed video and not have it out in time for the day of the dead?... then the same Wednesday reasoning would apply.

You may be right.
But Day of the Dead is November 2nd right? And earliest reference would be Halloween on October 31st
If they release it on Friday then they would be ahead the game.

I was thinking that they did the Wednesday thing for TBT was because it was the lead single that they wanted to get in front of radio people to make a real push and introduce the new material. But the second single, I wouldn’t think would need the same strategy.

I also can’t help but think that they had to see the Wednesday release hurt their chart standing. Who knows. This is U2. They could very well miss the Day of the Dead all together and it wouldn’t surprise me.

Someone theorised that GOOYOW would feature on the upcoming Pixar film Coco, which centers around the day of the dead festival.

I hope this is true. It would be pretty cool. I mean, who doesn't like Pixar?

Also, it would help the song get known more. If U2 are still very concerned about appealing to the kids, then this would be a brilliant way to do it, better than many of the other ways they've tried in the past.

It's not true. The film is out in a month, we would have heard by now. And the tracklisting for the soundtrack is up on Amazon already. Guess who's not on it? So there's no reason to bring it up again.

You may be right.
But Day of the Dead is November 2nd right? And earliest reference would be Halloween on October 31st
If they release it on Friday then they would be ahead the game.

Releasing a Day of the Dead-themed video doesn't mean it has to be released on the holiday itself. That's inane. People who care that much will be busy celebrating. I agree that releasing it this Friday will allow it to build exposure over the weekend right before Halloween and DOTD.

Last edited:

It's like our old mate Mount Temple all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom