Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little to no uproar here over the proposed Ticketmaster Verified Fan addition to the presales, or did I miss the thread?

There have definitely been some unhappy posts about that - but also, I think, resignation that fans are going to get fleeced, now under the veneer of "anti-scalping" measures that don't stop scalpers one bit and screw over any fan who's not financially comfortable.

This is another reason why big gigs blow five bananas out of five.

As someone who’s never taken part of a “verified fan” presale, can someone give me the bullet points of what I should be outraged over?

Do I need to show my keychain, because mine never came...

As someone who’s never taken part of a “verified fan” presale, can someone give me the bullet points of what I should be outraged over?

The only one I've been a part of was for Springsteen on Broadway, which is probably a bad example... But I got completely shut out of both sales.

You put your information into a website and they send you an text day of with a code or some shit

I was out on standby for both on sale dates and never got off. So I have a rather lackluster opinion.

If it's only for fanclub presale then I think it'll be okay for arenas, as opposed to 6000 seat theaters where every ticket is verified fan.

Last edited:

I think this came about when the U2.com site was asking members to provide a phone number for situations such as this. The FAQ is below...

Ticketmaster.com - FAQs | Verified Fan

What is Ticketmaster Verified Fan?
We built a really big robot to protect fans from the thousands of little scalper bots trying to scoop up tickets.

Fans register ahead of time, and those who are verified and selected receive a code that unlocks the opportunity to purchase tickets.

Ticketmaster #VerifiedFan was designed to separate actual, human fans from bots and scalpers. The system aims to thwart bad actors who are in the business of taking away tickets from fans just so they can resell them. Our technology analyzes every registrant to make sure they are real people interested in going to the show.

Please note: Registering does NOT guarantee you will be verified, receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.

The only one I've been a part of was for Springsteen on Broadway, which is probably a bad example... But I got completely shut out of both sales.

You put your information into a website and they send you an text day of with a code or some shit

I was out on standby for both on sale dates and never got off. So I have a rather lackluster opinion.

If it's only for fanclub presale then I think it'll be okay for arenas, as opposed to 6000 seat theaters where every ticket is verified fan.

I've used it twice so far and it's always worked out okay for me. But like you mentioned, a lot of it is going to come down to the type of venue and demand for that particular artist. Which is what it is for just about every other type of sale anyway.

5 weeks until album.

time slows to a standstill

We really need something Friday to tide us over. Or we will devolve into further madness of bananas and cats.

On a side note. Not sure when those pictures were taken for the Q magazine article. But Bono looks really good there. He needs to continue with that hair and glasses combo. I know it's black and white, so the hair is deceiving, but he needs to keep it dark, get those glasses back and stay away from feathered, wide brimmed hats. :huh:

Also a little surprised we didn't get additional audio from the South American video shoot. Would have been cool to hear another verse or something.

God, i can't wait for the damn JT tour to wrap tomorrow. Get ON with the good stuff!!

I am done with fan club presales, and I won't be paying TM any money to be a verified fan. I've seen U2 13 times and would like to again very much. But if I can't just buy tickets in the general on sale, or at a reasonable price from a scalper, then fuck it.

We really need something Friday to tide us over. Or we will devolve into further madness of bananas and cats.

On a side note. Not sure when those pictures were taken for the Q magazine article. But Bono looks really good there. He needs to continue with that hair and glasses combo. I know it's black and white, so the hair is deceiving, but he needs to keep it dark, get those glasses back and stay away from feathered, wide brimmed hats. :huh:

Also a little surprised we didn't get additional audio from the South American video shoot. Would have been cool to hear another verse or something.

God, i can't wait for the damn JT tour to wrap tomorrow. Get ON with the good stuff!!

It's kinda funny how nobody even gives a shit that the JT tour is still happening. There aren't even setlist parties right now, because we all know it, and we're all over it!

I am done with fan club presales, and I won't be paying TM any money to be a verified fan. I've seen U2 13 times and would like to again very much. But if I can't just buy tickets in the general on sale, or at a reasonable price from a scalper, then fuck it.

I've never participate in a presale or fan sale, used any kind of special code or bought a ticket from a scalper, and yet I've managed to get tickets to every U2 show I've ever wanted to see.

It's kinda funny how nobody even gives a shit that the JT tour is still happening. There aren't even setlist parties right now, because we all know it, and we're all over it!

Seriously. The US third leg was so needless. and with a new album on the horizon, its really hard to care. In fact, I am betting the band is at the same point. :crack:

Great picture aswell, are those the beach pictures that were done a long time ago ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom