SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh I was wondering what Landlady reminded of and now I realize the vocal melody is kinda like the second half of Politik by coldplay!!

Oh it's a truly shit song, no question there. But no way it's worse than Stand Up Comedy.

Agreed. Worst song U2 have ever put on record. The presence of I'll Go Crazy and Get On Your Boots before it had damaged the album greatly after a strong start, but not beyond redeemable. And then Stand Up Comedy happened to come along and put the album out of it's misery with a point blank shot to the head.

It's a real shame - I really enjoy the album either side of those songs but I just can't believe they did not know what they were doing by including those songs.

Oooh I was wondering what Landlady reminded of and now I realize the vocal melody is kinda like the second half of Politik by coldplay!!

A great song. Might go back and listen to that (and the whole album) to forget about the musical war crime that was Coldplay's last album.

So when do retailers typically receive new releases in relation to the release date?
When they used to do huge shipments they'd get it a week or more ahead of time... this why leaks were so common.

Now I imagine they get it a day or two in advance as there really isn't the market for physical product anymore

This new meme is applicable in countless situations. Basically any time someone does something moronic and fucks up but blames someone else for it, we have Rob as the go-to reference.

Agreed. Worst song U2 have ever put on record. The presence of I'll Go Crazy and Get On Your Boots before it had damaged the album greatly after a strong start, but not beyond redeemable. And then Stand Up Comedy happened to come along and put the album out of it's misery with a point blank shot to the head.

It's a real shame - I really enjoy the album either side of those songs but I just can't believe they did not know what they were doing by including those songs.
Why oh why could they not have included Winter and Soon instead of those?! Would have been a classic.

Unlike No Line, the middle section of SOE is stellar.

Summer of Love actually has a Man and a Woman vibe to it but so much better. Summer of Love is one of my favorites so far.

And Love is All We Have Left is the perfect opener.

I know it’s shiny new toy syndrome but SOE has enormous potential to be a late period classic.

Why oh why could they not have included Winter and Soon instead of those?! Would have been a classic.

For sure. Re arrange the tracklisting (why is Breathe so late on? It works as an early opener song but not that late - in fact scrap that version of Breathe and include the Brian Eno produced effort that was scrapped) and you'd easily have U2's best album of the 21st century.

So you live stream the unreleased album on Facebook live and then claim you didn't actually leak the album

I'm actually laughing out loud.

Yep. Somehow chose the worst song on the album as the lead single.

Even Boots can't lay claim to being the worst on its album.

Oh c'mon...they've put out a bunch of $#itty songs that can't hold a candle to this song. It actually has grown on me quite a bit, and I would argue it fits perfectly on this album.

Being the 'worst song' on this album is saying a lot considering that the album is so solid.

To each his own. I love it. But thats just me

Yeah, it’s pretty crazy cause The Showman is growing on me and American Soul sounds much better within the album.
So the weakest song, American Soul is like a 6. The Showman 6.5 for now, and TBT a 7. And those are the three flat worst songs on this album. Yikes.

Everything else is 7.5 on up. Most are 8.5 and above
For me. This thing is rock solid.

Now here's the question: did they hold back the best material so it would be a surprise, or do they actually think TBT and AS represent the best the album has to offer?

For sure. Re arrange the tracklisting (why is Breathe so late on? It works as an early opener song but not that late - in fact scrap that version of Breathe and include the Brian Eno produced effort that was scrapped) and you'd easily have U2's best album of the 21st century.
What Brian Eno version? What is this? There's a Eno version?

Serious problem: this album contains some epic drumming sections which will inevitably require facial expressions while performing.
So, who are U2 going to use as Larry's face-double while playing live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom