SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love was impressed by Book of Your Heart. Very mid to late 80’s U2 sound. Also the Lights to Home String version is really really good.

Last edited:
My only strong memory of BOYH was that I could understand why it was left off. That isn’t to say it wasn’t good, but it didn’t quite have the immediacy or dynamism that these other songs have.

That said - it did sound like a solid tune.

My only strong memory of BOYH was that I could understand why it was left off. That isn’t to say it wasn’t good, but it didn’t quite have the immediacy or dynamism that these other songs have.

That said - it did sound like a solid tune.

I agree. I liked it a lot, but I could see why it wasn’t included.

Listened a couple of times and I am mesmerized. I expected a couple more rockers, but there’s so much deep stuff here it’s going to take awhile to soak it all in. I didn’t think they could pull of an album that is so deep and floats so light on the surface and in its flow if that makes any sense. Good god I was expecting some of these on SOA and not here. Can’t wait to see some of these live to say the least.

He wanted a leak and he helped it happen. What's there to feel bad about? :shrug:

This just feels like he wanted to milk it a few more days and now he's annoyed that he's no longer the only guy with the album anymore.

What the fuck did he expect would happen when he's accepting Facebook requests from all and sundry to massage his ego for a few hours and broadcasting the album start to finish multiple times?!

:up:

We needed another quality Interference meme, too.

Listened a couple of times and I am mesmerized. I expected a couple more rockers, but there’s so much deep stuff here it’s going to take awhile to soak it all in. I didn’t think they could pull of an album that is so deep and floats so light on the surface and in its flow if that makes any sense. Good god I was expecting some of these on SOA and not here. Can’t wait to see some of these live to say the least.

I like that description. So deep, but floats so lightly on the surface.

I will admit. I was worried. The first songs we heard left me thinking, there’s no way it’s going to surpass SOI
American Soul - 6
TBT- 7
Get Out - 7.5
Little Things (Live) - 7.5
Blackout - 8

If these were indicative of the album it was going to be good but not great.

Then I heard the rest. Just wow. Managed to edge out SOI for me so far. And thats poor quality audio on my crappy phone speaker.

Now after I get to hear the good quality version next week, I have to decide if this will overtake POP or Zooropa... not sure on that. But it’s close.

It turns out the 9 we didn’t hear until now lift this album into the stratosphere. And I haven’t even heard good quality recordings yet.

And I was worried about Landlady and 13. They are both gorgeous. 13 really surprised me too with its beauty and atmosphere.

Well, I decided to delete the leak. That should stop making me feel tempted to continue listening to a low quality recording - only listened to it twice. Just a few more days...

I like that description. So deep, but floats so lightly on the surface.

I will admit. I was worried. The first songs we heard left me thinking, there’s no way it’s going to surpass SOI
American Soul - 6
TBT- 7
Get Out - 7.5
Little Things (Live) - 7.5
Blackout - 8

If these were indicative of the album it was going to be good but not great.

Then I heard the rest. Just wow. Managed to edge out SOI for me so far. And thats poor quality audio on my crappy phone speaker.

Now after I get to hear the good quality version next week, I have to decide if this will overtake POP or Zooropa... not sure on that. But it’s close.

I was just listening to Zooropa and POP these past few weeks for the first time in a while. They still sound fresh!! I personally cannot put SOE ahead of those two but so close. It does however easily beat out ATYCLB, HTDAAB, NLOTH, and SOI. Really happy the guys found the magic for this album!!

someone is mad

I mean for f//cks sake. What the f//ck is this guy complaining about??? He shouldn't be leaking the album to begin with and now he's blasting others for "ripping" HIS leak? Dear Lord. This guy is an attention whore who needs to get a damn life. Its like he doesn't understand how the internet works. He's becoming incredibly annoying and I'm starting to hope someone at U2 HQ contacts him and gives him a cease and desist. Enough already.

someone is mad

So with Songs of Innocence we had a situation where people got pissed off because everyone had been given the album. And now with Songs of Experience we have the situation where one guy is pissed off that he's the only one who can't have it by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom