SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Bono seem to have some sort of effect on his vocal throughout the entire album or is it just the quality of this stream?

Think I'll wait for the same reason I don't download crappy cam torrents of new films. U2's music is too important to me to listen to this record the first time in crappy quality.

Really encouraging to hear the early reactions around there though! Most excited for Red Flag Day.

The best thing I can say about this album is that it is filled with a sense of purpose. Especially shines through in the last 5 tracks, which may be the most stunning suite of songs they've produced in who knows how long. Yeah, The Blackout is kind of the odd man out, but serves as a set up to the ending. "Love is bigger than anything in its way," "the world is dark but you don't have to be." They said they were going to fight darkness with joy and dammit they did.

Last edited:
The best thing I can say about this album is that it is filled with a sense of purpose. Especially shines through in the last 5 tracks, which may be the most stunning suite of songs they've produced in who knows how long.

I still feel strongly about the last 5 tracks on SOI. I thing they’re great, but the last 5 on this album might end up beating it.

I still feel strongly about the last 5 tracks on SOI. I thing they’re great, but the last 5 on this album might end up beating it.

Quality too low and songs are too new for me to want to get into the ranking game, but to me, these are very strong songs.

Baffles me that American Soul would make it as a single, though. I don’t particular despise it like some do, but even with the quality and time we’ve had, it’s easily the worst song on the album to me.

Quality too low and songs are too new for me to want to get into the ranking game, but to me, these are very strong songs.

Baffles me that American Soul would make it as a single, though. I don’t particular despise it like some do, but even with the quality and time we’ve had, it’s easily the worst song on the album to me.

Agreed. I don’t mind it but I also think it’s the weakest track.

More thoughts.

Something that SOI improves on over Bomb, No Line and somewhat ATYCLB, is the natural feel and flow within the songs. From verse to chorus to bridge. I think that SOE even takes it a step further. The transitions sound really good. I know some people have complained about TBT, but I think No Line has a lot is songs that sounds pasted together and have forced, awkward bridges or just a bunch of ideas put together (Boots). Also on Bomb.

I think the “simple” bare production worked this time. And not the “we need to be able to play it acoustically” like SOI, but just good clean production that doesn’t clutter the song.

More thoughts.

Something that SOI improves on over Bomb, No Line and somewhat ATYCLB, is the natural feel and flow within the songs. From verse to chorus to bridge. I think that SOE even takes it a step further. The transitions sound really good. I know some people have complained about TBT, but I think No Line has a lot is songs that sounds pasted together and have forced, awkward bridges or just a bunch of ideas put together (Boots). Also on Bomb.

I think the “simple” bare production worked this time. And not the “we need to be able to play it acoustically” like SOI, but just good clean production that doesn’t clutter the song.

I'm a fan of NLOTH, and like is significantly more than SOI, but I agree with you on this. The songs on No Line, with maybe one or two exceptions, sound sort of jammed together, and SOI is a much more holistic, smooth, balanced listening experience (though I don't think the songs individually are better for the most part).

So hopefully, SOE has the best of both worlds!

Why? It’s a std bitrate - just a lowish one by modern standards.

Also, the one we have is 110mb, not 70 - so it could totally be a different source.

I've tried it and it is just a cut up version of the Facebook stream divided into tracks and converted to mp3 - complete with shout outs from the guy playing the vinyl! So don't waste your time folks.

Why? It’s a std bitrate - just a lowish one by modern standards.

Also, the one we have is 110mb, not 70 - so it could totally be a different source.

Of course bitrate doesn't say anything about quality. The 110mb version is the converted FB stream. Somebody took poor quality input and converted it with 320kbps bitrate. The 70mb ha 192kbps bitrate. In theory it could be a proper vinyl rip, however, if somebody takes this effort they certainly would go with 320kbps in order to get the best possible quality (all other things being the same).

Love it! Somehow they made an album of songs that sound different from each other and will please different kinds of fans while still making it feel cohesive. And I am blown away by how good Bono sounds.

Very hot take:
Little Things is my favorite U2 song in decades. I love it so much. Lyrics, music, Bono's voice. Everything

I LOVE Love Is Bigger. So good. I was cheering. Wish it was longer.

Love Landlady. Love.
Those three songs are typical of the type of U2 songs I favor.

Love is All We Have Left is so different. In a good way. Lights of Home is good. Really like Summer of Love and Red Flag Day. I think Red Flag Day will be my new earworm.

The Showman is a grower, I think. Or just...fine.

I can tell I'm going to love 13, but I need to sit with it for a bit.

It took me awhile with the Blackout, but now I love it. Still like Best Thing, feel free to make fun of me. Get Out is fine.

American Soul is not good. I'm irritated it's on the album. It's pandering cliche U2, which is the worst U2 IMO. And I know they'll play it at every show. It will be my bathroom and/or beer song.

i'm feeling bad for this guy...

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-11-25 22.19.47.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2017-11-25 22.19.47.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 113
He wanted a leak and he helped it happen. What's there to feel bad about? :shrug:

This just feels like he wanted to milk it a few more days and now he's annoyed that he's no longer the only guy with the album anymore.

What the fuck did he expect would happen when he's accepting Facebook requests from all and sundry to massage his ego for a few hours and broadcasting the album start to finish multiple times?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom