Shuttlecock IX: Romi and Miss Sil's Line Rules Disunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When they come down under in gonna do a mixlr or periscope and sing throughout and film myself just to piss people off.

Please please please do this. Purposely fuck up the lyrics, too. Get some nachos and film yourself eating them for an entire song.

When they come down under in gonna do a mixlr or periscope and sing throughout and film myself just to piss people off.

Please please please do this. Purposely fuck up the lyrics, too. Get some nachos and film yourself eating them for an entire song.

Or you should say "Oh my god am I dead?" and then actually blow your brains out live.

Sometimes you gotta take one for the 'force.

My impressions:

The overall show: the band are playing with more energy than I've seen in a long time. Bono sounded really strong - probably better than any previous show I've seen, actually (my first show was early Elevation tour). The early stuff sounds fresh, the old warhorses sound fresh - hell, I even thought Bono did a good job on With or Without You - and that's something I've not been able to say about any of his past performances I've seen. I also feel like there's more of a narrative arc to the show than in previous tours, which is nice. The encore is weird. It feels slapped on, and Still Haven't Found, though performed well, is an awkward closer.

The new material: Miracle was a great opener. Iris didn't quite connect like I hoped it would. Cedarwood Road & Raised By Wolves were great. Dammit, Song for Someone is catchy, despite my resistance. And I might be in the minority, but I think the solo piano version of Every Breaking Wave is lovely - moving, even.

The crowd: we were way up in the nosebleeds. One row down from the last row. The section to our right was energetic. The section to our left was. Our section was pretty lazy. Note to concert goers: once the show starts, you need to get the fuck off of Facebook and stand up like you actually want to be there. Overall impression was the audience was into it and responsive, especially on the older material, but in truth, the lack of enthusiasm in my section was a bit of a downer.

The set list: Honestly couldn't give a rat's ass where this night ranks among the others as far as "setlist quality." U2 were firing on all cylinders and I enjoyed it immensely.

Last edited:
These consistently positive reviews from people I like and respect about shows that I'm not seeing with setlists that bore me on paper are really killing my bitchy vibe.

My impressions:

The overall show: the band are playing with more energy than I've seen in a long time. Bono sounded really strong - probably better than any previous show I've seen, actually (my first show was early Elevation tour). The early stuff sounds fresh, the old warhorses sound fresh - hell, I even thought Bono did a good job on With or Without You - and that's something I've not been able to say about any of his past performances I've seen. I also feel like there's more of a narrative arc to the show than in previous tours, which is nice. The encore is weird. It feels slapped on, and Still Haven't Found, though performed well, is an awkward closer.

The new material: Miracle was a great opener. Iris didn't quite connect like I hoped it would. Cedarwood Road & Raised By Wolves were great. Dammit, Song for Someone is catchy, despite my resistance. And I might be in the minority, but I think the solo piano version of Every Breaking Wave is lovely - moving, even.

The crowd: we were way up in the nosebleeds. One row down from the last row. The section to our right was energetic. The section to our left was. Our section was pretty lazy. Note to concert goers: once the show starts, you need to get the fuck off of Facebook and stand up like you actually want to be there. Overall impression was the audience was into it and responsive, especially on the older material, but in truth, the lack of enthusiasm in my section was a bit of a downer.

The set list: Honestly couldn't give a rat's ass where this night ranks among the others as far as "setlist quality." U2 were firing on all cylinders and I enjoyed it immensely.
I had a similar experience with the crowd around me being disinterested when I saw them in Philly in 2011, which was weird because I was in the GA and pretty close to the outer ring. But the people immediately around me weren't into it and it made me feel like I was an asshole for singing along.

I got a weird look once when I clapped along to Party Girl UABRS style :(

I mean, I've experienced everything from being in the middle of a section losing its collective shit (Joshua Tree Tour stands out here, my section was fucking into it) to sections that could not seem to care less about the proceedings (Some of the Popmart shows come to mind, especially in Jersey where our seats could not have been worse). I'd like to say that it has no impact on me but there are times where a bad crowd, at least in my immediate vicinity, have bought me down a notch - which is a real shame. Wish I was immune to that but my trying to intellectualize the situation lost out to the visceral and immediate response of being surrounded by wet blankets.

These consistently positive reviews from people I like and respect about shows that I'm not seeing with setlists that bore me on paper are really killing my bitchy vibe.

cvjgm_zps99296cde.gif

Let's hope I sober up a bit before the show starts

Sent from my SM-G925V using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm hoping they don't debut Crystal Ballroom tonight, because I'm going to Chicago 3 on Sunday and it would be awesome if they debuted it then. I don't think they'd play it two shows in a row.

What a fucking show. Pretty much lost my shit when Bad started.

Sent from my SM-G925V using U2 Interference mobile app

That slot, whether it's been AIWIY, Bad or The Troubles, has been amazing all tour. So I can't fucking understand why they only do it when they can be bothered.

Why would anybody want to sober up before this kind of a show?

How else would I sing along to Beautiful Day like there's no tomorrow?

That slot, whether it's been AIWIY, Bad or The Troubles, has been amazing all tour. So I can't fucking understand why they only do it when they can be bothered.

It's weird that they appear so reticent to add a 24th song for all the shows, yet they'll randomly include the 7+ minute Bad and not drop a song to make room for it.

Back
Top Bottom