Random Music Talk XXV: Friggin Cobbler is too Friggin Slow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I hate having someone ask me for a phone number while I'm actually on my phone, because I can't seem to get to my contacts to look it up without disconnecting my phone.

You should be able to do that. But then you'd still have to do the "read numbers, repeat first three numbers, remove phone from ear, read numbers, repeat next three numbers, remove phone from ear, read numbers, repeat last four numbers" move. I hate that move.
Or I suppose you could just read the numbers and yell it into the mic from a distance like some sort of savage

We have a rotary phone in our kitchen. I had to show my nephew how to use it a few years ago. It's a real bitch when I answer the phone and realize I have to press some damn button because a computer called me. It's a tough run down the hall to the bedroom, especially with a dog that won't get the hell out of the way.

I listened just to hear how they handed the "brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack" line. :lol:

I have to say, for as annoying as I've found Kedollarsignha, I heard two of her songs while stuck in Wisconsin radio hell (on, I must say, what seemed like a really decent pop station in Milwaukee), and I liked both of them.

While on the subject of phones, I've recently realized I know absolutely no one's phone numbers. Cell phones have ruined me that way. The only numbers I still know off the top of my head are few numbers from my home town when I was a kid.

This. I'm having a hard time buying Gaffer's claim that he made a few calls (esp. assuming he was drunk, as usual). I can't think of one number from the last 10 years that I know by heart.

And I hate having someone ask me for a phone number while I'm actually on my phone, because I can't seem to get to my contacts to look it up without disconnecting my phone.

If you and the person you're talking to have iPhones, you can easily go into your phone book while talking, find the person, and hit "share contact", which will send all the stored info to the other person if they accept the message.

I don't have an iPhone. I don't like touch screen keyboards on something so small.

this morning while I was waiting for the bus, I was looking in the window of the record store in my neighborhood, and I recognized the cover of the James Blake album on the new release shelf. I got all excited and couldn't wait to buy it after work!

Turns out, it's an import. I'm not paying $23.99 for that. I'll wait for a better used price on Amazon.

Boo, Sonic Boom, to tease me like that. BOO.

I have been posting on my new mytouch 3g slide (looks as much like a vibrator as the name implies), so if my posts appear more half-assed than normal, it's not a coincidence.

I'm beginning to think that I went years without a cell phone just so I would have an excuse to use pay phones. They are awesome.

Boo, Sonic Boom, to tease me like that. BOO.

I thought Sonic Boom was only in Toronto. I suppose it could just have the same name, but be a different store. Is this the logo?

20100419sloan.jpg

But without the dude from Sloan in it.... Do you guys know Sloan? They were pretty good

I have their song Underwhelmed on my iPod. That's the only song of theirs I know.

And no, our Sonic Boom is different. Seattle is was the home of Boeing, so we've got all sorts of shit named after jets and jet-related things.

Sonic Boom Records

Does Cori have sausage fingers??

Here, I'll hold one up for you so you can judge for yourself.

:wink:

That was one of their first big songs.

My college radio station had that CD, which is how I'd heard of them. Honestly, I don't think I ever would have heard anything by them if not for that one CD. I occasionally run across mentions of them on the internet (and always positive things), but that's about it.

I feel really weird after getting nostalgic briefly listening to Japanese music from the late '90's. It's strange how some music can bring back such strong memories of a specific time or thing.

I have to listen to something contemporary to purge myself of the weirdness.

My alternate response was:

No, I do not have sausage fingers. Who do you think I am - Bono?!?

I feel really weird after getting nostalgic briefly listening to Japanese music from the late '90's. It's strange how some music can bring back such strong memories of a specific time or thing.

I have to listen to something contemporary to purge myself of the weirdness.

Feeling the same way, actually. I got a little sniffly while I was looking for that song. Not just because of the trip to Japan, but that also kicked off my senior year of high school, and I've just been missing that time in my life a lot lately, especially after the wedding seeing a lot of old friends again

I totally loved it, with the little "what do you want" bits and the questions? Nice.

We're never going to get it live. With these guys, it's nice to see them acknowledge that it even exists.

But I bet it's a South Africa thing only, like the Boots/Soweto Choir remix intro. Which is also pretty awesome.

I was actually looking for a different gif, but I couldn't find it, so I went with that, even though I know you're not mad.

Five years ago I probably would have been mad because I was an irrationally angry young man. Now I'm just disappointed that my first live experience with U2 will be with a lot of songs I'm not interested in hearing them play.

Ha, that's what I'm being told in the setlist party right now. I think everyone's mistaking my disappointment for hate. I'll still enjoy myself. Seeing Ultraviolet (hopefully) will be a treat.

My advice, pull a NSW. Stop looking at setlists, avoid any discussion of what they're playing, and don't listen to live clips. Even if your setlist isn't to your liking, it'll be a surprise, and you won't go in with a bunch of preconceived ideas.

I was actually kind of serious, but I'm glad to hear you'll still make a point to enjoy yourself.

I'm surprised how many reasoned responses you're getting over there after the initial sarcasm. :lol:

If there's no new album, I'll probably just go spoiler-free when the NA leg starts in May.

If there's news of a new album, I may start my spoiler plans earlier. There's no way I can go spoiler free between now and May. Thankfully there's not a buttload of shows between now and then, which makes it slightly easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom