NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are we sure there is not 0.01 left on the clock, enough time for Maxey to snatch my soul again?

Last player to score 39+ points 4 games in a row in the playoffs: Michael Jordan.

yo, i'm really happy for you, and i'mma let you finish, but...

it's the first round.

kanye-west.jpg

Dave will not shame me into enjoying nice things. Nice things never happen to the Knicks. The most Knicks thing that could have happened was to lose the series after the excruciating loss in Game 5. Now that's just a footnote.

I can't believe how well Leon Rose has done. And they have a bunch of draft capital too. I would add Randle to the list - high draft pick but largely had fallen from grace, signed as a non max FA and a below market extension, and has made 3 all star and 2 all NBA teams since. Also single handedly took the team to their first playoffs in a decade.

In addition to the dread of that Game 5 ending, I was really worried about the possible narrative if they went on to lose the series, and how Dolan would react. This is why it also felt like more than a first round win, with the Knicks you never know how long good things will last because of their fickle owner.

Deuce's emergence after they traded Quickley and Grimes is such a fun story. And he's had a better playoffs than any of them ever had.

it's time for headache's annual rant about the state of USA Basketball

• 2024 Men's Olympic Roster
    • Bam Adebayo ELIMINATED
    • Devin Booker ELIMINATED
    • Stephen Curry ELIMINATED
    • Anthony Davis ELIMINATED
    • Kevin Durant ELIMINATED
    • Anthony Edwards
    • Joel Embiid ELIMINATED
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Jrue Holiday
    • LeBron James ELIMINATED
    • Kawhi Leonard INJURED AND PROBABLY ABOUT TO BE ELIMINATED
    • Jayson Tatum

were you both in a coma during last year's playoffs or something?
Honestly last year's experience was so different. I think only one out of the five Knicks-Cavs games (the first one) was competitive (and decided by a Josh Hart 3, if I remember it correctly). The Heat series was just not fun, with half of the team injured at that point, and neither team able to hit the ocean from the 3pt line. These games with the Sixers were all so competitive. Nurse had a good quote:

“I’ve decided nothing matters,” he said less than two hours before Game 6 tipped off at Wells Fargo Center. “They kill us on the glass, it goes down to the buzzer. We kill them on the glass, it goes down to the buzzer. Joel [Embiid] scores 50, it goes down to the buzzer. [Jalen] Brunson scores 47, it goes down to the buzzer.

were you both in a coma during last year's playoffs or something?
what gump said.

the series being about as epic a first round 6 game series could possibly be certainly helps get us fired up. never really saw a true path for the knicks last year to get to a conference finals or even, if porzingis remains hurt, an nba finals - whereas this year that path is definetly there.

and also, well, it's philly

11806ca0-5cd5-4480-9261-7a09354db026_text.gif

we don't really like their sportsball teams.

I still can't believe the Cavs tanked to play Orlando, only to be bullied physically for a second consecutive year and lose all of the offensive rebounds. I'm so sorry, iron yuppie.

With Allen out, I'm not surprised about the rebounding. The turnovers are a different story. Garland's eight-second violation during the final few minutes was completely inexcusable.

This has to be the end of the Clippers as presently constructed. I don't think Paul George will re-sign. Watch for him to go to Philadelphia - they can sign him to the max that LA apparently is hesitant to give.

This has to be the end of the Clippers as presently constructed. I don't think Paul George will re-sign. Watch for him to go to Philadelphia - they can sign him to the max that LA apparently is hesitant to give.
Philly, New York, Orlando.

Clippers will retool but no chance Ballmer rebuilds with a new building opening. Will be very interesting.

The problem isn't PG. The problem is Kawhi Leonard's inability to stay healthy without universal health care.

Back
Top Bottom