Forum Downtime - software update 1/23-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Site Team
Staff member
We are finally ready to convert the forum to new software. To do this we'll need to close the forum. This is scheduled for Jan 23-24, beginning very early in the morning (subject to change if there are complications).

There will be some noticeable changes upon returning to open:

The Forum is moving to Xenforo software and all the usual controls will be available BUT buttons and functions will be moved around a bit.

Image storage and avatar size will be increased.

PM inbox storage will be increased

Responsive for mobile use: There is no mobile app needed. XenForo has a mobile view that is entirely responsive to device size. Use a browser to open the site and you'll have a good view.

Ads will be removed so long as you are logged in.

Arcade - is going away as NO ONE uses it and it's not currently very secure.

Premium menu - We have a forum subscription that allowed access to some areas of the forum and a few other features. The premium memberships are being discontinued - free for everyone!

Be patient after the site opens, it takes a little time to get settings dialed in ;)

:wave:

I can help you move it. Do you know where the holes are?

f8d70281-ae0e-424d-aada-eb7739f3c3e4_text.gif

If there's anything that would make me get off this forum for good it's this change. I knew exactly how to do everything with the old software... and now I don't. #GrampaSimpson

When you clicked New Posts previously, and then clicked a thread's title, it took you to the first unread post in that thread. Now, it takes me to the first post, and I don't see a way to be taken to the first unread post now?

When you clicked New Posts previously, and then clicked a thread's title, it took you to the first unread post in that thread. Now, it takes me to the first post, and I don't see a way to be taken to the first unread post now?
There's a button at the top that says, "Jump to new".
It seems that was taking me to posts from a few weeks ago, but after reading a thread and coming back later and there are new posts in said thread it works just like before where when you click on a thread under new posts it takes you to the newest post you haven't read. So it works, just a bug that first time you visit a thread.

Back
Top Bottom