Mobile App Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I go out of the country for two weeks and someone destroys the forum c’mon folks

Will this new forum be tapatalk compatible

Is there a rough ETA on when the new, mobile-friendlier site will be live?

The functionality I currently miss most about the app is tapping a thread’s subject and being taken to the newest unread post. There doesn’t seem to be this function with the mobile view, unless I am totally missing the icon. Anything I tap either takes me to the very first or very last post.

The functionality I currently miss most about the app is tapping a thread’s subject and being taken to the newest unread post. There doesn’t seem to be this function with the mobile view, unless I am totally missing the icon. Anything I tap either takes me to the very first or very last post.

If you click the arrow on the very right on each thread, it should take you to the latest unread post.

App worked fine before.
Why break it like this is Apple with an iOS update?
Clerks sad.
Clerks post less.

I will say this. While the app was more convenient, mobile browser isn't thaaaaaaaaaaat bad. My only complaint is that for whatever reason, sometimes some posts create a horizontal scrolling issue for no reason. I'm not sure why this happens.

I will say this. While the app was more convenient, mobile browser isn't thaaaaaaaaaaat bad. My only complaint is that for whatever reason, sometimes some posts create a horizontal scrolling issue for no reason. I'm not sure why this happens.

the giant ads, which are sometimes of questionable nature, are awful.

the site itself isn't awful aside from that - but not having pop up notifications appears to be having a big time negative impact on traffic, just as the place was starting to see a little bit of life with the Sphere shows.

Sometimes I wonder if we should take this whole thing to Reddit. Just create a sub called U2Interference

I joined the reddit group even though I am a mega lurker over there.

Bad idea, need a replacement app that works with the new platform … which I don’t think is live yet? At least it certainly doesn’t look meaningfully different on the crummy ad-ridden mobile view

I still don't understand who is in charge of this place -- it seems someone with access killed the app because obviously they hate U2.

I still don't understand who is in charge of this place -- it seems someone with access killed the app because obviously they hate U2.

The issue here is that the app was developed by a 3rd party and when that company changed ownership recently we could not be assured that forum members private account information would remain private. We know it's a drag and are working to get the forum updated as quickly as possible. Having personal data ending up in unwanted hands is a bigger bummer however and so the tough choice was made to disable the app.

Back
Top Bottom