Random Music Talk XLIII: 11 O'Clock Click Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to finally listen to Throwing Copper while I was in the mood as well. It's not bad. The opener was kind of horrendous, but I've enjoyed everything since. Didn't realized I knew two songs by Live ("I Alone", in addition to "Lightning Crashes")

That album is still a guilty pleasure of mine. Way back in the day, I thought that it was a masterpiece. :lol:

I bought Throwing Copper used a couple of weeks ago. It's good, but probably the only Live album I can stand. I heard it way back in the Nineties, but wasn't overly impressed apart from the singles. I need a bit more time to find out if it has aged any good.

One day, I will learn to play Soon Forget on the ukelele

Do you have Eddie's Ukelele album? I am not a huge Pearl Jam fan, but for some reason, the idea of an album of ukelele songs interests me.

also, a review of musical taste in Atlanta, Germany (click the smilie):

:hi5:

It's called Ukelele Songs. All the songs are played on the ukelele. It's not Pearl Jam because Eddie Vedder is playing by himself. That's why it says Eddie Vedder on the album cover. It's a solo album.

It's called Ukelele Songs. All the songs are played on the ukelele. It's not Pearl Jam because Eddie Vedder is playing by himself. That's why it says Eddie Vedder on the album cover. It's a solo album.

Are you sitting in your car in your garage while listening to Erotica? Might want to shut the car off.

Is Eddie's Ukelele album any good?

I never knew the ukelele was popular around these parts. I had the same teacher for third and fourth grade and she taught me to play. I still remember most of the chords and notes. Too bad that doesn't translate to the bass guitar, cause I still can't play that thing for crap.

Jive Turkey said:
Anyone remember that Tricky/Live song? Good tune

yes. it was alright. always thought i was the only person who liked anything off that album. i was a big fan when i was 16, still have a soft spot for most for their stuff.

and laz is right about no code. such a good album.

Jive Turkey said:
I just put on Vs for the first time in years. Amazing how much this reminds me of grade 9

the barenaked ladies remind me of grade 9.

and i'm sure jokes like this only amuse me.

and I'm not in the least bit surprised laz likes the stupid mop. I've listened to that as ,Amy times as revolution #9....but I bet that was equally obvious.

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey
Anyone remember that Tricky/Live song? Good tune

yes. it was alright. always thought i was the only person who liked anything off that album. i was a big fan when i was 16, still have a soft spot for most for their stuff.

You mean Tricky's Evolution Revolution Love? Yes, that's quite a good song. As is the Blowback album it appears on (with guest contribution by various Chili Peppers, Alanis Morissette and others too). That album was the first album which made me aware of the so-called 'Loudness War' because it was a lot louder than other albums I had at that time.

I can't wait until Brian Urlacher writes a really fucking terrible auto-tuned album about his mom's death.

Let me know
Does Cutler still have time to grow?
Our championship window is about to close
That being
Let me know

Holy. Shit. Kanye was so bad ass.

Anything else to add?!!!!!!!

(I do want to know about Kanye though, did he play with any guests/band? Cos he played a festival here earlier in the year which I had no chance of attending, and there was no band and no guests, just him, music and the Runaway dancers. Woulda been sick, but it certainly justified not spending $500+ on a festival two states away)

The Fly must have been a real mindfuck for those who were U2 fans in the 80s.

Just imagine seeing the music video (this was premiered on MTV before the song hit the radio) after ODing on Shuttle & Bum for 2 years:

Shuttlecock- The Bird - YouTube

You were either on board, or left behind.

I just ate that shit up. It was right up my alley. I love Boner directing traffic and whispering into the ears of passers-by at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom