Random Music Talk LIV: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (and Mac & Cheese)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1996 wasnt as strong as 1997, but still:

New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Second Toughest in the Infants
Beats, Rhymes, Life
Endtroducing
Being There
Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Pinkerton
Murder ballads
No Code
All Eyez On Me
Tidal
Reasonable Doubt
Everything Must Go
Traveling Without moving
Richard D James Album
Black Love
Coming up
Now I Got Worry
ATLiens
Under the Bushes, Under The Stars
Firewater
Sound of Music
Ten Years After

Wow, Beach House leaked early.

I love Their Satanic Majesites Request.

I just gave blood. Think I'm gonna pass out a little.

We had an Irish trivia contest at work today.

One of the questions was "What dance became popular in america in the Early Century?"

I emailed back, "Which century?"

reply: "The First Century."

OK, so First Century in America, but an Irish dance. "Drunken naked Celtic rain dances? I don't think there were any Irish immigrants in the First Century AD."

I did not get a reply.

Guinness tastes about as awful as it looks. Like they made a dirt flavored beer, with a hint of ass. Drank it in Ireland, draught, and it was still crap.

More power to you if you like it! They seem to be doing alright.

Having Guinness for the first time was a massive disappointment. I still don't care much for stouts, but since then I've definitely had better ones.

I know a few people who swear by Guinness, but I'm almost positive it's just so they can try to look more Irish. I don't see much reason to have it when Coopers Stout is readily available here, unless you're counting calories.

can't say I'm a Guinness fan.

What's not to like?

000511e2-970.jpg

Some of my cousins' last name is McGuinness. He's ruining it for us.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, you guys. It's days like this where I say, "Hey, I'm 100 percent Irish, and that doesn't mean anything."

I know a few people who swear by Guinness, but I'm almost positive it's just so they can try to look more Irish. I don't see much reason to have it when Coopers Stout is readily available here, unless you're counting calories.
next you're going to tell me people outside of ireland actually say feck without a hint of irony.

It's st Patrick's day? Otherwise known as the day where I pretend I hate the dropkick murphys and tell people "hey, I don't care how much of your family is from Ireland, if you were born here you're American, not Irish."

I made a gentle comment about how calling a recipe/drink "Irish Car Bomb" was insensitive on my sister-in-law's Facebook (she posted a cupcake recipe with that name), and after some harmless back and forth, one of her friends was all "I'm Irish, and I'm not offended!"

You're not fucking Irish, you're American, and I will bet you $100 that you don't have any even-remotely-distant family members who lost someone due to a car bomb. So shut up.

(not directed at PFan, because PFan does not annoy me, and this girl's family is not completely Irish like PFan's. Seriously, annoying Wisconsinite, you don't speak for everyone. I hate that. Just because you don't find it insensitive doesn't mean that others don't.)

Anyway!

Never thought I'd hear the Seattle Symphony playing an arrangement of Muse's "Endlessly," but it was pretty boss. Renee Fleming is the fricking bomb. (not the Irish kind)

And I think "O Mio Babbino Caro" must be like her version of "Streets." She has to sing it, or the crowd goes home pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom