Random Movie Talk IX: Insurrection? More Like Insur-SUCK-tion, Amirite???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Rise of Cobra is officially the most expensive Sci Fi Channel movie ever made. It is also like Team America remade in live action.

I don't know who wrote this tagline or designed this poster, but they deserve a raise:

297l0n.jpg

I just wanted to see this poster get the recognition it deserves.

I managed to sneak into Carlos D's apartment and place this on his nightstand

battlestar-pirates.jpg

:)

My buddy and I have been discussing what the Marvel Universe would've been like if they had made movies in the '70s with the creative force of New Hollywood for the past few days. Holy shit, is it nerdy, but it's also awesome. I may post it on here after we finish up some key casting choices.

Maybe they could have snagged some of the century's greatest American filmmakers, but you can't deny that Marvel comics truly need modern technology to come alive.

Maybe they could have snagged some of the century's greatest American filmmakers, but you can't deny that Marvel comics truly need modern technology to come alive.

Marvel's A-list canon could've been done then easily. Looking at the progression of technology from Planet of the Apes to Star Wars alone and even what had come before that solidifies that. The strength of the characters and the narratives forged from that would be enough. It's not like modern technology has made the Fantastic Four films any better, or Daredevil, The Punisher, Hulk, etc...

Those Fantastic Four movies are a disaster. I like Jessica Alba and all, but casting her as Sue Storm was just so wrong.

For some reason I never saw the newer Hulk with Ed Norton, even though I heard a few good things.

Fantastic Four would always be goofy no matter what, some of the superheroes could have been done, but man something like Spider-Man or Hulk would have been horrible back in the day. The Incredible Hulk with Norton was actually pretty great, and I'm pissed that they booted him.

After reading through the best of lists prepared by Cahiers du Cinéma, I have one question: does Eastwood pay them a yearly fee to have every one of his films included. Seriously...

The lists have some obvious WTF moments, but those from the 1950s and 1960s are pretty good (if you disregard ranking).

Cahiers du Cinema: Top Ten Lists 1951-2009

Fantastic Four would always be goofy no matter what, some of the superheroes could have been done, but man something like Spider-Man or Hulk would have been horrible back in the day. The Incredible Hulk with Norton was actually pretty great, and I'm pissed that they booted him.

Just you wait, non-believer. The three you mentioned specifically will knock your socks off.

I'll wait for the original editions, but at least they're coming. That deleted scene was the tits.

Fuck the originals. Every questionable decision is worth being able to see more of Cloud City and Palpatine as the Emperor in ESB, as well as fixing some of the shabby effects.

There's really nothing wrong with the special editions of Star Wars and Empire... but god damn, the changes to Jedi are just disastrous. Wasn't a great film to begin with, but... yikes.

I just meant that Laz already posted a link to that scene on this very page.

It just looked to me like it was some important scene that could be added IMO. :shrug: Oh well at least the rumors are true about the Blu-ray. Though I still hope they will give it the Bladerunner treatment. That's how you do a special edition.

There are 14,292 different Blade Runner editions out there. I have the film on the Blu, that's all I know.

And, yes, at least some version of the Star Wars films are coming to the BLU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom