Random Movie Talk IX: Insurrection? More Like Insur-SUCK-tion, Amirite???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how vital it was for Laz to let us know that he was holding his own in the wit department.

I also am waiting for Laz's reaction to the news in the Random Music thread.

I've been spending my weekend with Spike Lee and the Coen Brothers, kind of a distinctive-American-filmmakers-that-emerged-in-the-80s retrospective.

There would've been blood on the trucker hat had he not gotten his props.

16l05n4.jpg

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Look, don't want to contradict either of you, but I think that if you step back, and, like, search your feelings, you'll come to realize that it's true. IMHO.

So, yeah.

Laterz.

If you didn't ask him what kissing Alison Brie is like, you have failed miserably.

I didn't ask anything, just planted one on the guy. One degree of separation, bitch.

Also, like the mayor of hipsterville is going to acknowledge who he was. COME ON!

gob-bluth.jpg

I like how vital it was for Laz to let us know that he was holding his own in the wit department.

I can only imagine the swell of righteous indignation had he in any case failed to give you your due props.

The three of us were riffing for a little bit, and you know actors, they're not big on complimenting someone else while they're busy doing their thing. I could see it on his face that he knew I had some good stuff, but his friend was the one who stepped up.

Also I was three sheets to the wind when I posted that last night so forgive my zealousness.

Insurrection was the most expensive TNG episode ever. And who the hell wrote the script with the social commentary on cosmetic surgery? jesus christ

I try to pretend like Insurrection never happened. Not that the next film was a lot better, but at least it had crazy Shinzon in it.

Wrath of Khan Redux is a total mess, but I think it's the most watchable of the TNG movies... maybe? First Contact has its share of badass moments, but Picard turning into a crazy action hero is one of the most bizarre character 180s that I can think of. Moments of contemplation and moral complexity had to be thrown out of the window because Dr. Crusher shooting a phaser rifle is awesome, right?

THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HE-AH!

I'll take it over all the ST films, thank you.

Yes, even Khan (though it's certainly close).

Of course, I think the original series is pretty lame compared to TNG.

I'll take the best episodes of Next Gen over pretty much all of Star Trek outside of Wrath of Khan, but the movies don't even come close to anything that makes that series great. The Original Series movies at least allowed for the natural aging of the cast while we had to suffer through Patrick Stewart jumping around like Bruce Willis.

I'm all for Jean-Luc, but that ain't the Jean-Luc they developed for 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom