Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tahir gets to celebrate again! God I love it when he gets a wicket.

But shit this is looking dire for Sri Lanka. At least Sangakkara's still there, but they can't go for broke during the Powerplay any more...

No fifth century for Sanga!

The weather does not appear happy with that. Hope this isn't much of a delay...

Barely even realised the rain delay was over and Sri Lanka are completely done.

Don't see 134 being too difficult for South Africa. Surely we won't have a repeat of what happened at Eden Park? That would be incredible.

Don't like South Africa. Tahir needs to sort that dodgy beard out.

South Africa vs NZ at the semi I'm off to hopefully

Freezing here in Welly. Won't suit Windies

All I ask for today's game is that it be more competitive than yesterday's!

Hope Bangladesh can at least make India exert themselves.

How about the chest-thumping celebration after Rahane was dismissed! :lol:

Bangladesh definitely fighting hard at the moment. This is good! The atmosphere sounds electric.

The wasp incident was very unusual! Surprised Dar stayed on, actually.

And oh man Raina just dodged a massive bullet. Bangladesh took a review and the ball was pitching outside leg by the smallest fraction possible. Even a hair over and it would've been given out, because it was going to demolish the stumps.

Shame Bangla didn't have 1 or 2 more wickets when the powerplay started. at 4 an over through 31 overs the game was there for the taking...

Really feels like this has slipped away now. India should post a sizeable target. Bugger.

Bangladesh got robbed! Rohit Sharma was caught, given no ball on height - but it was fractionally below the waist, especially since Sharma wasn't standing at full height.

Bangladesh got robbed! Rohit Sharma was caught, given no ball on height - but it was fractionally below the waist, especially since Sharma wasn't standing at full height.

And he made contact about a metre in front of his body with the ball on the way down. Rubbish call. Umpires should be waiting to see the result of the ball prior to making a call on those.

India at one point looked set for at least 350, then it appeared Bangladesh could keep them to just about 250, so I imagine neither side is entirely happy with 302. But I very much doubt Bangladesh will become the first team to chase down a target over 300 at the MCG (I can see it happening in the final!), so the Indians probably feel their job is more than half done.

And he made contact about a metre in front of his body with the ball on the way down. Rubbish call. Umpires should be waiting to see the result of the ball prior to making a call on those.

Given how often the umpires go to check the no ball when the decision should be really obvious, I can't believe that in a case like this they just called it straight away.

Well at least that wasn't quite so lopsided as yesterday...? Not a surprise.

Let's hope Pakistan give Australia a right scare.

Misbah saved by the bails settling back in their groove! Unbelievable.

Today's the day for that maiden century. Come on Pakistan!

This really is the ideal condition for Misbah as well - no pressure to go fast, still heaps of time to go, and he can focus on building and accumulating. He just needs Haris Sohail to stick around rather than having his usual experience of running out of partners! I think that as long as Pakistan manage to make around 290-300, they should be confident in being able to defend it.

Agreed completely. I just hope Pakistan can bring this plan to fruition. All they have to do is bat sensibly and avoid throwing away their wickets cheaply. If Australia can chase down a target of 300 against this bowling attack, which they certainly have the ability to do, hats off to them. I just don't want to see Pakistan handing the game to Australia like SL did the other day.

Another fucking c. Finch b. Maxwell?!

Here's Afridi swinging. Let's enjoy thirty quick runs before he holes out c. Finch b. Maxwell too.

Back
Top Bottom